Knox activated from Covid Reserve; back to practice

YoloinOhio

13 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Instead of 1st down at the Miami 35 one play into the 2nd drive, Buffalo ended up deep in their own territory. Yes, that changes things.

I guess if you are looking at that time and downs. In the grand scheme of things it changed nothing. We have had our share of game losing fumbles(mckelvin). This was not one of them. More of a teaching moment. Hold on to the damn ball kid kinda thing.

10 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

We went on to win the game, because Miami. 

But it was closer than it should have been.  And against a good team like Tennessee or the Seahawks, Yeah.  Turnovers swing the game.

But isn't Miami the team to beat in the division? 🤔 😁

11 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

it looks like to counter the Bills 11 and 10 personnel, teams are playing nickel/dime cover 2/3/4 and giving the run. If the went 22, I’d expect subs to match it. 

Knox vs. Smith (or whoever we had when knox had covid) is a big upgrade though.  Can play some snaps like the patriots did with develin/burkhead/gronk - spread them out wide and pick your favorite matchups.  Basically forces them to play man, or show blitz.

I liked the DS/Moss on the field at the same time sets too.  

Edited by dneveu

21 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Here's the thing though: 

If asked to list the best skill players on the Bills offense, how do you rank these guys? 

Diggs

Brown

Beasley

Singletary

Moss

Davis

McKensie

Kroft

Knox

If you're running 2 TEs, it means someone else is seated. 

Nothing wrong with that. Besides, not every player you listed is getting 100% snaps.

Just now, Mark Vader said:

Nothing wrong with that. Besides, not every player you listed is getting 100% snaps.

The point is: are your best players on the field, or are they on the bench?  Which players are you going to put on the bench so we can run a 0-2, 1-2, or 2-2 set?

Did you like seeing Lee Smith or Pat DiMarco split out wide?

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

I guess if you are looking at that time and downs. In the grand scheme of things it changed nothing. We have had our share of game losing fumbles(mckelvin). This was not one of them. More of a teaching moment. Hold on to the damn ball kid kinda thing.

But isn't Miami the team to beat in the division? 🤔 😁

Agreed

14 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

To YPP, I would say "correlation is not causation"

3 of the 4 games Knox missed happen to have been our last 3, where we have not been passing so much.  I don't think Knox is the cause or the solution.

13 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Dude needs to get on the JUGS machine 90 mph settings so he stops dropping Josh Allen's fastball.  I want to love Angry Run, but he needs to take care of the rock.

Apparently he bought a JUGS machine and did like 200 or 250 per day.  To which I say where were they?  Because the "over the head" catch seems to be his new struggle.

• Like (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The point is: are your best players on the field, or are they on the bench?  Which players are you going to put on the bench so we can run a 0-2, 1-2, or 2-2 set?

Did you like seeing Lee Smith or Pat DiMarco split out wide?

Of course not. Also, Knox & Kroft are not Smith & DiMarco.

You can have a 2 Tight End set on running plays as well.

Just because you run a 2 Tight End set now and then, doesn't mean that players like Diggs, Brown, Beasley or Davis are all on the sidelines.

If any of our wideouts have to sit out for one play during the entire game, I can live with that.

The reason this is great news and important to the Bills future:

*  Despite the drops, on paper Knox remains the most dangerous receiving TE on the Bills.  His speed & athleticism force D coordinators to account for him in ways they don't need to for Smith & Kroft.  Knox has the potential to have a big pass catching day against the Seahawks.

*  The Bills need to know if Knox is a star at TE.  They can't find this out if he doesn't play.  If Knox doesn't pan out the Bills will have to address the TE position in free agency. If he does pan out they can use the TE free agency spot to fix some glaring needs on defense.

• Like (+1) 4

16 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

The reason this is great news and important to the Bills future:

*  Despite the drops, on paper Knox remains the most dangerous receiving TE on the Bills.  His speed & athleticism force D coordinators to account for him in ways they don't need to for Smith & Kroft.  Knox has the potential to have a big pass catching day against the Seahawks.

*  The Bills need to know if Knox is a star at TE.  They can't find this out if he doesn't play.  If Knox doesn't pan out the Bills will have to address the TE position in free agency. If he does pan out they can use the TE free agency spot to fix some glaring needs on defense.

Why free agency? We could likely draft a kid like Kyle Pitts with our top pick unless you think we should draft a LB or CB in Round 1?

• Like (+1) 1