Knox activated from Covid Reserve; back to practice

YoloinOhio

Knox should get back on the field and do something positive. Between little bumps and bruises along with Covid, this guy has been a talented athlete who drops important throws and misses blocks. I like Knox, but the clock is running on how long you can depend on him warranting a roster spot without going out and getting a tight end. Maybe Kroft and Kumerow can make the decision easier. 

On 11/7/2020 at 9:23 AM, 4merper4mer said:

On the injury report or on the skill report?

Harsh, yet funny, 👍

Go Bills!!!

Article on Knox in TBN:

https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/inside-the-bills-with-covid-19-behind-him-dawson-knox-sees-better-days-ahead/article_d76558d4-2542-11eb-bc87-3fe714726c9c.html

Not much that hasn't been covered here in different threads, just pullling together what McDermott and John Brown said in interviews:

"I've never been on the Covid list myself, so I really can't totally understand it, but I can appreciate and empathize with the challenge of being on that list and the challenge of being quarantined a little bit, as well,” coach Sean McDermott said. “That's not an easy thing to do for anyone, let alone a guy that's used to being around his teammates. It's been a little bit of an adverse start to his season midway through the year, but I'm hopeful and encouraged by what I've seen this week to this point and looking forward to watching him play this week and think he's going to have a great week.”

Knox could certainly use it. In the five games he has played, Knox has just six catches for 93 yards. He’s failed to reach the end zone to this point after a rookie year in which he finished with 28 catches for 388 yards and a pair of touchdowns. At 6 feet, 4 inches and 254 pounds, Knox has the prototypical size-and-speed combination that teams look for at the position. With teams devoting attention to wide receivers Stefon Diggs, John Brown and Cole Beasley, big things were expected of Knox.

Confirming he had symptoms but only for one day.  The training staff supported him with programs to follow and exercise bands, but he was winded when he returned to practice because being confined to his apartment (I would have thought he could skip rope or something?  aren't there ways to keep an aerobic base?  but I suppose that's different than trying to outrun Tre White)

Hmmm... if Josh is "Fatty" at 6'5", 238...wonder what Diggs calls Knox at 6'4", 254?

Potential is great, but at some point it needs to turn into production, and the NFL is very much a what-have-you-done-for-me-lately league.

“It's in his control. He has the ability – and I don't like to use that word, ability, as it relates to anyone, but at the end of the day, you've got to get the job done, and Dawson's very well aware of that,” McDermott said. “He has the skill, and we've got at a minimum, potentially we feel like, seven more games to go here in the regular season and can't wait to watch him and his career really take off in the next seven games.”

“My biggest goal is just to do everything I can to help the team win. Make sure my assignments are done well. Whether that's blocking or route running or catching or running, just making sure that I'm doing the best that I can to benefit the team and help us get to a win.

We'd like to see that too, Dawson.

On 11/5/2020 at 12:34 PM, thebandit27 said:

And that game-changing fumble after a 38-yard play in Miami.

And that pathetic block on Jamal Adams that almost got Josh killed.

Sorry but if Knox was a walk on he would have been cut a long time ago.

Everyone says he only caught a handful of passes in college and never scored a TD like its a surprise.  Gee I wonder why....

For a team that preaches consistency, the dude is anything but.  The way I characterize Knox is fantastic athlete, poor football player.  Beane is a gambler, he hit on Josh, missed on Knox.  

2 hours ago, Da webster guy said:

And that pathetic block on Jamal Adams that almost got Josh killed.

Sorry but if Knox was a walk on he would have been cut a long time ago.

Everyone says he only caught a handful of passes in college and never scored a TD like its a surprise.  Gee I wonder why....

For a team that preaches consistency, the dude is anything but.  The way I characterize Knox is fantastic athlete, poor football player.  Beane is a gambler, he hit on Josh, missed on Knox.  

his end zone hot rod celly with Josh is the centerpiece of his ‘20 highlight reel. 

• Like (+1) 1