Without Gilmore, Edleman & now Brady & Gronk this isn't a tough game

LB48

This is a game against a hated division rival...20 years of domination by New England over the Buffalo Bills. 

This is a DIVISION game and anything can happen as teams play extra tough on both sides. The Patriots could field a team of newborns or octogenarians in wheelchairs and still win. Like Bum Phillips used to say, he could take yours and beat mine and take his and beat yours. This is STILL the Patriots with head coach Bill Belichick still coaching it. Never underestimate this man until the fat lady sings.

OTOH, NE could be in the Trevor Lawrence sweepstakes and want to lose, but I doubt it.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Exactly.  It’s the only advantage the Pats have and I expect Belichick to lean heavily on it. I don’t think it’ll be enough.....but it could be enough to make us sweat.

as long as we have zero turnovers, we should win and cover

Turnovers are another big concern.  It’s gonna be wet all game and wet footballs get loose a lot more often.  It adds an extra element of uncertainty/luck in a game where I’d rather not have that.  

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, LB48 said:

I am a long time fan who remembers all the frustrating losses to the Patriots over the past 10 years.  They were a special team and deserved to win most of the match-ups vs. the Bills.  We came oh so close to wins and it just didn't happen.

I'm almost scared to state it - BUT - we should sweep the series against them in 2020.  That's somewhat tough to imagine as a Bills fan BUT the worm has turned.  GO BILLS!

Don't forget all the key COVID opt-outs before the season even started...

Literally they might be worse talent wise than the Jets today. If we can't beat them there is a serious problem. We should win by at least 2 TDs.

13 hours ago, LB48 said:

I am a long time fan who remembers all the frustrating losses to the Patriots over the past 10 years.  They were a special team and deserved to win most of the match-ups vs. the Bills.  We came oh so close to wins and it just didn't happen.

I'm almost scared to state it - BUT - we should sweep the series against them in 2020.  That's somewhat tough to imagine as a Bills fan BUT the worm has turned.  GO BILLS!

Also 10 years? More like 18.

30 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

This is a game against a hated division rival...20 years of domination by New England over the Buffalo Bills. 

This is a DIVISION game and anything can happen as teams play extra tough on both sides. The Patriots could field a team of newborns or octogenarians in wheelchairs and still win. Like Bum Phillips used to say, he could take yours and beat mine and take his and beat yours. This is STILL the Patriots with head coach Bill Belichick still coaching it. Never underestimate this man until the fat lady sings.

OTOH, NE could be in the Trevor Lawrence sweepstakes and want to lose, but I doubt it.

I can't see them tanking. I mean, it would actually make sense to tank this year, and they could do a Golden State Warriors one-year tank thing and scare the hell out of everyone else as we set up for 2021. 

I better stop now since I'm talking myself into this diabolical Belichick plan ...

17 hours ago, LB48 said:

So- ready to retract this post? 

22 hours ago, LB48 said:

Have you learned anything today, or will it take another decade of Bills fandom to understand there are no easy games?