Without Gilmore, Edleman & now Brady & Gronk this isn't a tough game

LB48

1 hour ago, LB48 said:

I am a long time fan who remembers all the frustrating losses to the Patriots over the past 10 years.  They were a special team and deserved to win most of the match-ups vs. the Bills.  We came oh so close to wins and it just didn't happen.

I'm almost scared to state it - BUT - we should sweep the series against them in 2020.  That's somewhat tough to imagine as a Bills fan BUT the worm has turned.  GO BILLS!

I'm gonna channel Mike Florio on this one.  "The Patriots are the Terminator.  They're not dead until they're melted down and the liquid is dispersed over 5 different continents".

I want to see that worm turn.  In fact I want to see that worm do the fandango.  But make no mistake, this is going to be a tough game.  Chris Simms had some good points about the matchup between the Bills D vs Pats O and Pats D vs Bills O still favoring the Pats - that they can run and stop the run, and we can do neither. 

Yes that's simplistic.  But the point is, don't pencil a game against a Belicheck coached team as a sure L just because Gilmore and Edelman are out when the Pats still have an excellent run game and conditions may disfavor passing.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, DCbillsfan said:

I get the talent difference between Patriots and Titans.  Last year against Pats at home, Allen had 3 interceptions and Special Teams had a punt blocked for a TD.  Bills mistakes.  Nothing about talent difference.

Two weeks of no practice and no Davis or Humphries.  I see ok.

Yeah so basically they had a bye week before they faced us... maybe you're not seeing=P And we had short weeks. Didn't we play 3 games in 13 days?

Edited by BillsFan692

I'm tempted to think Belichick has thrown in the towel on the season and is smartly low-key tanking. Something about his tone in recent conferences and his lack of grouch that would normally be there. Then you throw in the Edelman IR, Gilmore trade, etc.

We'll know the answer tomorrow, I think.

1 minute ago, BillsFan692 said:

Yeah so basically they had a bye week before they faced us... maybe you're not seeing=P And we had short weeks. Didn't we play 3 games in 13 days?

Usually teams play 3 games in 15 days so it's not that big of a difference.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

I'm tempted to think Belichick has thrown in the towel on the season and is smartly low-key tanking. Something about his tone in recent conferences and his lack of grouch that would normally be there. Then you throw in the Edelman IR, Gilmore trade, etc.

Fair enough

42 minutes ago, Codyny13 said:

Anybody thinking this game is easy is in for it. Their season is on the line.

They're going down big time, the Bills are laying a beating on these guys tomorrow. I know it, this is gonna be a treat.

55 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

IT'S A TRAP!!

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

I said this in another thread I too think BB is just kind of going through the season with covid and Brady leaving if you were going to have a bad year why not this one. He’s got his eyes on next year I really thought that before the season even kicked off. 

18 minutes ago, BillsFan692 said:

People need to appreciate that Milano is back, Brown is back, Feliciano is back, even levi wallace is back? I think our defense is going to do okay tomorrow I am not as scared of these 2020 patriots but we'll see on the field tomorrow!

If our defense can’t handle this depleted pats***
offense how are we going to handle the Seahawks or Steelers or even the 9’ers ? 

27 minutes ago, Putin said:

If our defense can’t handle this depleted pats***
offense how are we going to handle the Seahawks or Steelers or even the 9’ers ? 

As long as we handle the patriots im not sure the other games matter as much.

Well at least not 2 out of the 3.

I figure if we handle the pats it will bode well for us for the 2nd matchup later this season and we still got miami, Denver, LAC

So theoretically that can get you to 10 wins even if you drop all 3 of those which im not sure we will.

NFL is a tough season but got to keep BILLieving its why we watch the games!

Edited by BillsFan692

3 hours ago, 97bills said:

I said this in another thread I too think BB is just kind of going through the season with covid and Brady leaving if you were going to have a bad year why not this one. He’s got his eyes on next year I really thought that before the season even kicked off. 

IMO Belichick has a gene that absolutely prevents this type of behavior. Losing burns him to the core and winning is oxygen to him.

Same with every coach in the league, really, though GMs often think a bit different.

6 hours ago, PetermansRedemption said:

I did too, but the Titans also have 100x the talent. The Patriots this year are a bunch of scrubs. I’ll never say poor players because they all made the NFL. But they are fringe NFLers. There is no Henry, Tannehill, Jeudon Smith, AJ Brown, Corey Davis. Heck, at this point there isn’t even a player with the talent of Adam Humphries on the Patriots roster. There isn’t anyone close to the caliber of player Clowney is. You get the gist. Coaching can only take you so far. Even Belichick can’t coach a team filled with fringe NFL’ers to the playoffs. 

Dude, please. Exaggeration is one thing, but outright nuttiness is another.

They've got some good players over there. Including one NFL MVP, a defense that is still playing very well against the pass and an offense that can run the ball.