a few thoughts about the Chiefs game, in no particular order

Virgil

2 minutes ago, Nitro said:

Frazier's game plans concern me.  His coverage calls left Kelce open on several occasions.  Mahomes is like most QBs.  He has favorite targets.  Robinson and Kelce are his.  Playing them with soft coverage burned the Bills.  

Belichick finds ways to take the opposing best player out of the games. We find ways to make the opposing best players look even better. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

He has not been right since he got dinged in the Raiders game.  A couple times tonight when he went down and braced his fall with his left arm I thought I saw him wince.

When he walked off after the failed sneak he was wincing and he had his hands in the warmer and e seemed to be favoring his left arm 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

No it wasn't. Murphy is too old and Phillips is either coming off his acl injury still or is just bad. 

Murphy is 29.  Marion Addison is 33, Jerry Hughes is 32.  

We gave up 250 yards on the ground.  Yes it was.  It was a desperate move that failed.  

Beane has been great, for the most part, but he might have really messed up letting go of Phillips and Lawson for all a couple of millions dollars more than their replacements cost. Maybe just very good, not great players, but the brought a lot of energy to the defense.

• Like (+1) 2

40 minutes ago, Figster said:

Andy Reid did what every team in the league tries to do to his football team. Control the clock with a good run game and keep the other teams O off the field.

My hats off to the Chiefs HC...

The Bills need to fix their run game and run defense. Especially when that snow and really cold weather get here. 

Hope Daboll was taking notes about the last two games.

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, delirious said:

preface: I like McD

but.....

For someone who preaches DNA, accountability, process, etc etc.

It's the Bills who have had trouble tackling the past three years. It's the Bills who seem to get a bunch of penalties that other teams simply don't get called for as much. It's our players not maintaining their gaps. It's our receivers who seem to have more drops than anyone else. It's our team who seemingly can _never_ control the line of scrimmage. 

For all the process talk and "fundamentals", it seems like it's always those things that kill us. IMO

Curse of the contract extension.

15 minutes ago, stevewin said:

When he walked off after the failed sneak he was wincing and he had his hands in the warmer and e seemed to be favoring his left arm 

Yes!  I saw that, too!

This team is more banged up than we think.  Players are practicing.  Some are playing...but they are playing hurt.

Tonight was an exact replica of a Rex Ryan era Bills game.... blah poorly executed offense for the most part, poor QBing, and just horrible D that can't stop anyone.  Actually- in the Rex days we had a top notch running game.  So this was worse.

1 minute ago, Johnnycage46 said:

You want to know how I THINK he SEEMS in over his head lol?  I'll let you answer that one.

We are 4-2 and in first place in the AFC East. Yes, please explain, oh football genius. Prove this isn't just another garbage hot take. 

29 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Would depend upon how well they manage the clock there, wouldn't it?

5 minutes left, 30 yards to go and Chiefs with all 3 timeouts.  There's no situation where they would have had fewer than 2 minutes.  Not to play the what-if game, but I just disagree with the assessment that that was the win right there.