We will see Vrabels defense in the Patriots. We have to be ready.

Ramza86

Vrabel pretty much played his defense the same way the Pats have been doing against us. 

They forced allen to either take the safe short pass or force it downfield to a WR. 

Allen has had a hard time against this style of defense. Daboll has to come up with a gameplan specific to this defense or we could be losing this division to the Pats. 

Allen didn't play terrible last night but he looked off kinda like the whole team did. Lots of drops. Balls bouncing for INTs. One bad throw for an INT.

Definitely missed Brown. Bills will rebound I am not worried about that but the defense needs answers from somewhere and I am not sure they have any right now.

If Allen studies the tape and doesn’t force it against this type of defense, we’ll be fine.  

Allen was off, but in looking back at last night, his “off” is still good enough to win games. 

What’s kind of a “double whammy”, is the fact our defense is currently one of the worst in the league. Allen’s nature is to be aggressive... we can game plan him to take the short, open stuff in a close game and pick his shots, but it’s much more difficult to do that when you get behind and know, in the back of your head, the defense will let the opposing team take 5-7 minutes of the clock and then score almost every time.   

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Ramza86 said:

Vrabel pretty much played his defense the same way the Pats have been doing against us. 

They forced allen to either take the safe short pass or force it downfield to a WR. 

Allen has had a hard time against this style of defense. Daboll has to come up with a gameplan specific to this defense or we could be losing this division to the Pats. 

Absolutely Bill took notes from this game and will use it when they meet. I am more concerned about the defense especially considering who is coming to OP on Monday.

Let's hope that we have Moss and Brown back for that game. The cover 3 they were playing took away the deep stuff because all we had was Diggs and they doubled him. They cant double Brown and Diggs unless they leave the middle open. For whatever reason, we couldnt run the ball last night which would have exposed that defense. 

40 minutes ago, Ramza86 said:

I am not worried about Allen and our offence against NE,  even on a off night Allen still managed to move the sticks and score points.  Just look at the 3rd down efficiency,  it was lights out and how many drop passes did we have?   The pass to Yeldon for a TD was a rocket and maybe one of two others players in this league could make.  Had our defense made some stops or even create a turnover or two this game would have been different,  end of the day the Titans never shut Allen and the Bills offence down.

Edited by Niagara Dude

I don’t know what the final stat was but at one point we were 11 of 15 on 3rd down.  That’s pretty damn good.

We hurt ourselves.  I think 3 of TN TD’s were inside the 30.  We gifted them those TD’s in the form of turnovers.

Plus we had 10-11 penalties?  That 3rd and 2 is now 3rd and 7 or 12....still converted the majority.  

If NE plays the defense TN did, as long as we don’t shoot ourselves in the foot, we will be fine on offense.

Defense is another story....

1 hour ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I actually don’t think the Pats will copy this scheme. I think they play a lot of man

This. Just go back and watch how they play the bills last year...they may scheme the bills like they did KC. Drop 8 in coverage and force Allen to make a mistake.

Edited by Ghost_002!

2 hours ago, Ramza86 said:

Pats play Man a LOT more and we have one of the top secondaries in the league. Hell after facing Seattle and KC we are still number one in passing D.  The Pats strength is the secondary, which is a matchup against your strength the passing game.. they as always should be good games!