Around the NFL. Sunday Gameday

Chandler#81

I don’t understand not going for 2 there. 5 pts vs 4 makes no difference. You’re still winning if Seattle gets a field goal and down if they get a TD. With a 6 pt lead at least they need 2 field goals to tie, or you’re still tied if they get a td but miss the PAT. 

• Like (+1) 1

Pretty gutsy game by Cousins.  He was getting zero pass protection, and managed to hang in there and make a ton of plays to get the lead back.  And Thelin really is a good receiver.  Impossible to cover and catches everything.

1 hour ago, Scott7975 said:

Buffalo Bills

The good news for the Buffalo Bills after a pleasantly surprising 6-10 season and an offseason that saw them upgrade the passing-game weapons at young quarterback Josh Allen's disposal is that the schedule features a number of winnable games—two tilts against the lowly Miami Dolphins, a trip to face the New York Giants and a home matchup with the Denver Broncos.

The bad news is that the Bills still play in the AFC East, which means two games with the 10-time defending division champs in New England. Add in home games with the Baltimore Ravens and Philadelphia Eagles, as well as trips to Pittsburgh and Dallas, and any improvement the Bills experience is likely to be modest at best.

Prediction: 6-10

59 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Im not going to dig up the old prediction thread but many people had us anywhere from 6-10 to 9-7.  Here is a clip from the Bleacher Report for fun though....

Other media thought 6-10.  I think the over/under was 7.  etc...

LOL your proof literally says:

"the schedule features a number of winnable games"

Yeah, they sure talked about how brutal the schedule was gonna be last year!

5 minutes ago, Chandemonium said:

I don’t understand not going for 2 there. 5 pts vs 4 makes no difference. You’re still winning if Seattle gets a field goal and down if they get a TD. With a 6 pt lead at least they need 2 field goals to tie, or you’re still tied if they get a td but miss the PAT. 

I think the logic is that if Seattle drives for a TD and misses the 2 point conversion, you can still win with a FG rather than tie.  Close call though.

Edited by SageAgainstTheMachine

42 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

We didnt have a tough schedule but thats not what people expected.  Pitts, Dallas, Phili, Browns, NEx2,  people thought Darnold and the Jets would be good,  Miami was a possible split in some peoples heads. Titans were 9-7 the previous year.  Bills were 6-10 and a lot of people had no faith in Allen.  I am not wrong, but I am done with this conversation

We lost 4 of those 6 games. LOL.

Thinking the Bills are not good =/= thinking the schedule is hard. Lots of folks thought the Bills would be a lot better this year, but would face a tougher schedule.

Edited by FireChans

7 minutes ago, Chandemonium said:

You are correct. No downside for going for 2 there.