GDT: Vice Presidential Debate

5 hours ago, B-Man said:

Pence dismantled Harris.

So the entire Left/media will talk about pinkeye and a rogue fly.

😎

...and did so against a tidal wave of interruptions from a biased, one-sided moderator each time he was about to plunge a proverbial stake through the camel's heart.

Trump and Pence - the choice is oh so simple.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

"Vice President Biden, your partys governors are enacting the most restrictive lockdown measures/mitigation in the country....California wants you to wear masks in between bites of food at restaurants; DC's restaurants are going extinct; same in NYC...Sir, how can you complain the economy is trash yet at the same time maintain a situation where we cant possibly be as employed and earning money like we should?"  

You can't have this both ways.  Social distance and half capacity AND "we're really going to get the economy rolling!"   Um.  No.  

If that question, in addition to "what is the long term plan for schools if there is no vaccine?" aren't asked, the American people should be furious.  

Those 2 questions should be 30 minutes minimum at the next debate.  Without interruption.  

Trump could have won with strict message discipline on reopening but he’s undisciplined and focuses on himself and how personally piqued he is 99% of the time so his attention hits that topic for the duration of a squirrel’s (or a TV news scroll). If he loses as bigly  as it appears he is headed, the Rs will rue the day they put so much faith in a guy with an ideological  compass pointed at himself. 

For Biden it’s a referendum on Trump and healthcare. It’s so clear that’s what they talk about. 

For Trump it’s the media just wronged me and the suburbs are going to get overrun by antifa and Russia today and Pelosi’s mask and the media is so mean and Kim Jun Un is a great guy  and polls are fake and Hunter Biden and Barrett and even Fox News is mean and someone just said something nice about me on Twitter and Joe is on drugs and Something Obama and taxes and oh the pandemic and no stimulus and oh my bad yes stimulus and the media just attacked me unfairly and moms of suburbia  zombie apocalypse if (Sleepy) Joe gets elected and what’s a good insulting name for someone and the polls again. And that’s in 2 hours and misses 10 retweets an hour. Then rinse and repeat. 

Edited by shoshin
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

If a moderator does not interrupt a Biden (or like Harris tonight) as they go off about how "bad the economy is" and that Obama handed him one in recovery and look at the unemployment now with one simple freaking follow up:

"Vice President Biden, your partys governors are enacting the most restrictive lockdown measures/mitigation in the country....California wants you to wear masks in between bites of food at restaurants; DC's restaurants are going extinct; same in NYC...Sir, how can you complain the economy is trash yet at the same time maintain a situation where we cant possibly be as employed and earning money like we should?"  

You can't have this both ways.  Social distance and half capacity AND "we're really going to get the economy rolling!"   Um.  No.  

If that question, in addition to "what is the long term plan for schools if there is no vaccine?" aren't asked, the American people should be furious.  

Those 2 questions should be 30 minutes minimum at the next debate.  Without interruption.  

Biden will just want to keep finding ways to take shots at the President as if both situations are his fault.  And when Biden says that, the moderator needs to press him on the dynamics of Distancing and capacity making that and basically living impossible.

Nothing else matters.  Not one other topic do I give a dam about.  And Trump needs to press it if the moderator that interned for Biden won't. 

A competent Biden - We wouldn't be in this situation in the first place if the president would've taken the situation more seriously.  The death per capita is near the top compared to nearly every major industrialized country.  Now because of the Trump's administration's incompetence we must institute a national mask policy so businesses can reopen safely without a spike in cases.  The mandate can't be relaxed until we get a vaccine in which the president has repeatedly assured us in coming very soon.  Then we can get our economy up and rolling again.

A competent Trump - We had record low unemployment before the China virus.  Our administration shut down flights for China despite criticism from the Democrats.  We provided all the PPE equipment the governors asked for.  A vaccine will be coming very soon but we can't afford to close down again.  I trust the American citizens to take the proper safety precautions until a vaccine is available and widely distributed.  Then you'll see a great economic comeback like never before.

Do I think either candidate can give a coherent response like that?  No.  Do I think they'd be constantly interrupting each other?  Yes.

• Like (+1) 1

Moderator: 

Senator Harris, don’t you think it terrible that the Trump administration allowed this killer virus to destroy our lives?

Moderator:

Mr Pence, why did you let this horrible virus disrupt Senator Harris from being able to enjoy her historic moment? 

At that point I turned it off! They really have to do something about letting BOTH campaigns edit the moderator questions. This has become a circus. 

Edited by SoCal Deek
  • Like (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Moderator: 

Senator Harris, don’t you think it terrible that the Trump administration allowed this killer virus to destroy our lives?

Moderator:

Mr Pence, why did you let this horrible virus disrupt Senator Harris from being able to enjoy her historic moment? 

At that point I turned it off! They really have to do something about letting BOTH campaigns edit the moderator questions. This has become a circus. 

I missed the beginning of the debate, did they really ask it that way??

Also, I found it amusing when Kamala wanted to rebut one of Pence's remarks and the moderator cut her off and said you already said this. My wife said the same thing right before it lol

Just now, Bray Wyatt said:

I missed the beginning of the debate, did they really ask it that way??

Also, I found it amusing when Kamala wanted to rebut one of Pence's remarks and the moderator cut her off and said you already said this. My wife said the same thing right before it lol

I was channeling my inner Adam Sh$t there but yes, go back and listen to EACH question she asked. Every single one was laced with adjectives that leaned heavily to the left. It’s all about the adjectives. Listen closely. You’ll find the same thing on every morning show. The media will claim they asked a question, but they know full well it’s been carefully edited to be more a statement.

4 hours ago, Kemp said:

A lot of folks here don't like truth. Some can't even recognize it.

Well we all now now what BillsTime is doing to pass the time during his time out.  Biden’s Chief Tweet Officer is a great gig. Good fit too 

3 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

A competent Biden - We wouldn't be in this situation in the first place if the president would've taken the situation more seriously.  The death per capita is near the top compared to nearly every major industrialized country.  Now because of the Trump's administration's incompetence we must institute a national mask policy so businesses can reopen safely without a spike in cases.  The mandate can't be relaxed until we get a vaccine in which the president has repeatedly assured us in coming very soon.  Then we can get our economy up and rolling again.

Moderator:

I didn't ask you who is to blame for deaths which we dont know how accurate those numbers are......and we are not China.  Instituting a national mask policy, where is that within the Executives authority?

And Sir, he may be saying there is a vaccine, he says a lot of things, but we aren't guaranteed a vaccine.  What is the plan without one?

10 hours ago, Bray Wyatt said:

Harris did not show up well, I didn’t see any leadership qualities in her. Makes me hope that if Joe does win he doesn’t hand it over to her

I say the following for those truly weighing a decision as to voting for Biden.  You have to consider the possibility that Biden would not finish his term and quite possibly may exit during the first year of his Presidency.  Kamala Harris will be the VP if the Democrats win in November.  There is no other alternative for Democrats at this stage if they want to be loyal to their party.  Kamala Harris is an empty pant-suit.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

I say the following for those truly weighing a decision as to voting for Biden.  You have to consider the possibility that Biden would not finish his term and quite possibly may exit during the first year of his Presidency.  Kamala Harris will be the VP if the Democrats win in November.  There is no other alternative for Democrats at this stage if they want to be loyal to their party.  Kamala Harris is an empty pant-suit.

You have to admit she is smarter than Trump. I mean by a mile. 

5 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Pence is emptier and there's just as much a chance Trump dies

IMO

Edited by wAcKy ZeBrA

9 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

You have to admit she is smarter than Trump. I mean by a mile. 

She is not.  Many people can memorize information and utilize it such as a lawyer but that does not make them smart.  These same people often make bad decisions with respect to mates, friends, investments, criminal undertakings, etc..  For that matter there are a number of people who passed the bar in their state but are terrible lawyers.  I had the misfortune to have to deal with one.  

• Like (+1) 2

Mike Pence Destroyed Kamala Harris, and the Media Settle On a Pathetic Excuse

This is how you know she lost.

Mike Pence debated Kamala Harris last night, and it was not a pretty sight for the Democrat. As per her usual arrangement, Harris ended up grimacing, cackling, and making faces most of the night because she had no ability to respond substantively to most questions.

In the end, Pence was a solid winner, having put in the best debate performance of the entire political season so far, including the primaries. But the media can’t just let Pence be the winner of a debate he obviously won. Instead, they’ve come up with one of the more pathetic excuses to brush aside a rather horrid performance by Harris. Apparently, Pence was not being fair to her because he “mansplained” the whole night.

The talking points went out immediately.

{snip}

But that’s where we are. Pence destroyed Harris so they needed to come up with a reason for why she lost. It doesn’t matter that she talked more. It doesn’t matter that Pence had to debate the moderator as well. They want voters to believe that things were somehow unfairly tilted toward the orange man’s campaign. It’s insane, but it’s the same playbook they use every single time.

https://www.redstate.com/bonchie/2020/10/08/mike-pence-destroyed-kamala-harris-and-the-media-settle-on-a-pathetic-excuse/

• Haha (+1) 3

29 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

She is not.  Many people can memorize information and utilize it such as a lawyer but that does not make them smart.  These same people often make bad decisions with respect to mates, friends, investments, criminal undertakings, etc..  For that matter there are a number of people who passed the bar in their state but are terrible lawyers.  I had the misfortune to have to deal with one.  

Ya, but Trump is just a dope. Harris seems petty intelligent and articulate. Trump can’t even answer simple questions

Just now, Tiberius said:

Ya, but Trump is just a dope. Harris seems petty intelligent and articulate. Trump can’t even answer simple questions

No one answered questions last night. They gave 2 minute speeches. 

That's better than "debate" #1 but still. 

• Like (+1) 1

(CNN)More Americans said Sen. Kamala Harris did the best job in the vice presidential debate Wednesday night, according to a CNN Instant Poll of registered voters who watched. About 6 in 10 (59%) said Harris won, while 38% said Vice President Mike Pence had the better night.

Those results roughly matched voters' expectations heading into the debate. In interviews conducted before the debate, 61% of those same voters said they expected Harris to win, 36% thought Pence would.

5 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

So much wrong with your statement.  You missed the point which is not surprising in the least.  People can be well spoken but still be incapable, unintelligent, etc..

2 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

So much wrong with your statement.  You missed the point which is not surprising in the least.  People can be well spoken but still be incapable, unintelligent, etc..

Sure, it's possible. But Trump also acts stupid, just look at how he has made the WH a friggin Leper colony 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

(CNN)More Americans said Sen. Kamala Harris did the best job in the vice presidential debate Wednesday night, according to a CNN Instant Poll of registered voters who watched. About 6 in 10 (59%) said Harris won, while 38% said Vice President Mike Pence had the better night.

Those results roughly matched voters' expectations heading into the debate. In interviews conducted before the debate, 61% of those same voters said they expected Harris to win, 36% thought Pence would.

I find these insta polls to be 98% junk. I’ll wait to see what the presidential polls conducted after the debate tell us. 
I guess the 2% useful portion tells me this: it appears unlikely that set opinions were swayed at all. 

27 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

CNN?

Jennifer Lawrence Laughing - TV Fanatic

12 hours ago, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

Many of the judges he has filled those vacancies with are unqualified. They are all conservative.

It is not the same, no.

Late to this thread. Are you actually criticizing Trump for filling the judgeships that Obama/Biden were incapable of filling? Seriously, you thought making a comment like the above was better than keeping your mouth shut? 

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

All for various reasons per the ABA. One name off the top of my head if you are actually curious is Lawrence VanDyke who per the ABA from what I remember was lazy and unqualified to practice law among dozens of other things.  

Not always

See?

Well, that's certainly some definitive reasons. The ABA stated that he was lazy and unqualified among dozens of other things? You're lacking in specifics and your post is horseshit. 

13 minutes ago, H2o said:

CNN?

Jennifer Lawrence Laughing - TV Fanatic

Can I ask? 

Is Global warming a hoax, too? 

35 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I find these insta polls to be 98% junk. I’ll wait to see what the presidential polls conducted after the debate tell us. 
I guess the 2% useful portion tells me this: it appears unlikely that set opinions were swayed at all. 

This debate won't change any minds. 

12 hours ago, B-Man said:

Pence dismantled debriefed Harris.

So the entire Left/media will talk about pinkeye and a rogue fly.

😎

FIFY. And it wasn't the first time. 

Just now, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

You're an ass

Ah, I see you've been taking posting lessons from Tiberius. 

4 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Well, that's certainly some definitive reasons. The ABA stated that he was lazy and unqualified among dozens of other things? You're lacking in specifics and your post is horseshit. 

These are the intelligent, highbrow comments that we have come to expect from you.  

11 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Late to this thread. Are you actually criticizing Trump for filling the judgeships that Obama/Biden were incapable of filling? Seriously, you thought making a comment like the above was better than keeping your mouth shut? 

Wow.  And you thought making a comment like the one that followed this post fo yours was better than keeping your mouth shut.  

Well done.  Hoax. 

6 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

A competent Trump - We had record low unemployment before the China virus.  Our administration shut down flights for China despite criticism from the Democrats.  We provided all the PPE equipment the governors asked for.  A vaccine will be coming very soon but we can't afford to close down again.  I trust the American citizens to take the proper safety precautions until a vaccine is available and widely distributed.  Then you'll see a great economic comeback like never before.

Do I think either candidate can give a coherent response like that?  No.  Do I think they'd be constantly interrupting each other?  Yes.

I don't know where you have been but this is exactly what Trump has been saying. 

• Like (+1) 1