Week 5: Bills at Titans on Tuesday Night Football

YoloinOhio

On 10/5/2020 at 9:42 AM, Penfield45 said:

no game is going to be forfeited. you can't force teams to play during a pandemic and punish them when they have played infected. games will keep getting postponed until they are able to be played. 

Except NFL stated it is possible penalty bur facts never stopped you from posting in past.

13 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

No...I stop there at least 2-3 times a week.  It's convenient and I finish the burgers in my truck before I get home.  

Oh yes I do.  

Are the employees mean to you because they see you so often?  I would be. 

7 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Oh yeah, 100%.  Last time I went one ordered a kids meal with the crappy plastic toy made by slaves in china, anyway they forgot the darn sugar filled "apple juice" box, wife had a fit, i had to go back and get my "free" apple juice box.

20 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

McDonald's menu is now incomprehensible. They have all these random bundles now. It's impossible to just buy a few $1 cheeseburgers for the kids. 

They still sell $1 hamburgers down here. I powered through a couple of those watching the Rams game

2 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Did I just hear what I heard on the radio correct? They are saying that if they don’t play the game there will be no game checks for either team?

I think so but this sure seems to be on the Titans organization.  If they really violated all of the rules as been speculated I would not be shocked at all if the organization was forced to pay the Bills their game checks.

19 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Oh I bet we do.

And how many years AFTER they stop playing are they any good?   Maybe 3 or 5?   How many would get injured?

I looked up Kurt Kittner.  He hasnt played pro ball since 2005, he is 40 years old.

Yes I stand by my comment.

We all want to THNIK that we still have it..very very few do.

Stand by your comment. I wasn’t trying to sway you.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

So Bills players get screwed because the Titans are stupid. Under the CBA they are saying if teams don’t play they don’t get paid. This would cause outrage on so many levels.

the nfl showing once again how they are one of the worst managed pro sports leagues on the planet 

any other sports league would have totally handled this situation by now. It’s Thursday afternoon and we know absolutely nothing 

postpone the game indefinitely and when the season ends play the remaining games left that got postponed. 

My guess is that the NFL is waiting to see the test results tomorrow morning (from today's tests). If the Titans are clear -- and they pass all tests again tomorrow, then they can get on the practice field Saturday and Sunday -- then play Monday night. It would be nice if they could get tomorrow's results by CoB tomorrow rather than having to wait until Saturday morning for confirmation. Any failed tests from either today or tomorrow would be no game this week.

Can you imagine what it must be like to be Mike Vrabel at the moment?  Taking the emotion out of whether he deserves what is happening, imagine trying to be a coach and keeping an organization together while wildfires are popping up everyday.  Any semblance of a normal NFL Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday or Friday is completely gone.  The outside scrutiny from the NFL, NFLPA, Press, Ownership and Fans must be intense.

1 minute ago, wjag said:

Can you imagine what it must be like to be Mike Vrabel at the moment?  Taking the emotion out of whether he deserves what is happening, imagine trying to be a coach and keeping an organization together while wildfires are popping up everyday.  Any semblance of a normal NFL Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday or Friday is completely gone.  The outside scrutiny from the NFL, NFLPA, Press, Ownership and Fans must be intense.

Don't forget though he has a superhero looking over his shoulder at all times. Didn't you watch the draft?

On 10/5/2020 at 1:10 PM, arcane said:

Its quite possible that the Titans violated protocol (and regardless of how you feel about protocols, rules are rules and violations should be punished) but i don't really like the way some people have gone after tennessee like they obviously did stuff wrong, before all the facts are available (I haven't followed closely - perhaps we now know they did).

Viruses are crazy. A naval ship quarantined for 14 days, and then had an outbreak at sea 5 weeks into having no contact on shore. You can take measures to reduce your chance of infection, but you cannot control every last aerosol particle. 

A coach met unmasked with a PS squad player and then had meeting with players also unmasked.