Week 5: Bills at Titans on Tuesday Night Football

YoloinOhio

40 minutes ago, co_springs_billsfan said:

Overweight, but not obese.  What position would fit me best?

Orton, or Tolbert

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, stevewin said:

Haven't totally caught up in this thread so not sure if discussed.

On the issue of players not getting paid if game not played - if game is forfeit why not have part of the punishment/fine from the NFL be that the Titans pay the game checks for the opposing team of any game cancelled due to their negligence?

$10M fine might be a bit much. Not that I disagree with the idea, but I'm sure the owners would not go for that.

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

$10M fine might be a bit much. Not that I disagree with the idea, but I'm sure the owners would not go for that.

Valid point. I think it is closer to $7M when you look take out roster bonuses etc. 

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

Would it be that much? - I didn't try to calculate even a ballpark.  F 'em - they said the punishment would be 'historic' 😛 

1 minute ago, Richard Noggin said:

Well, um...

Some issues with that, innit?

(Did you know I worked there for the last eight years?)

ha, I did not. I worked restaurants for like 15 years in Buffalo. Stopped in 2017. We probably know a bunch of the same people. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Mango said:

Valid point. I think it is closer to $7M when you look take out roster bonuses etc. 

2 minutes ago, stevewin said:

Would it be that much? - I didn't try to calculate even a ballpark.  F 'em - they said the punishment would be 'historic' 😛 

The number I originally calculated many pages back was $7.5M just on base salary, but I rounded up since I dont know how all the payouts work.

$7.5M would still be a lot.

That said, I'm not against hitting Titans ownership with that. I still remember when that old coot flipped us the double bird from his Owners Box. (I know that guy is dead, but still, eff them)

• Like (+1) 2

46 minutes ago, co_springs_billsfan said:

In a vacuum I would agree with you.  But you know, and I know, that there were most assuredly some nefarious rules-breakings going on up in Foxboro...

The Cheaters have run into the one opponent that can't cheat - M Nature

Say it’s 7.5 mil without roster and performance bonuses... they could at least make the Titans pay half and the league pay the other half.  After all the TV deal is all about revenue sharing and it was the NFL that has come up will a season devoid of extra weeks to fit these games ! We all could have assumed it was fairly likely there would be covid issues. The season just started, there will be more. 

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

The number I originally calculated many pages back was $7.5M just on base salary, but I rounded up since I dont know how all the payouts work.

$7.5M would still be a lot.

That said, I'm not against hitting Titans ownership with that. I still remember when that old coot flipped us the double bird from his Owners Box. (I know that guy is dead, but still, eff them)

I agree with you. I was just being a pedantic a-hole. 

• Like (+1) 1