Week 5: Bills at Titans on Tuesday Night Football

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Allen & Mahomes is must see TV. If both teams can go into that game undefeated then great. Great game for next Thursday. Fox will definitely want that game to remain on their schedule.

5 minutes ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

Why they didn’t add 2 bye weeks to the schedule is beyond me. As well as pushing the SB to mid Feb....  

Moving the Super Bowl back is no easy task, it takes cities years to prepare for the big game, think about it if you were to change a wedding date and how out of towners would be put through a loop but instead of impacting maybe 20-60 people you're impacting over 50,000 people. As it impact hotels in the area, businesses that also work in conjunction with the Super Bowl for transportation etc. 

Edited by The Jokeman

1 minute ago, bills6969 said:

This seems like the most logical approach.  Move the Super Bowl back a week and have a week 18 for all COVID impacted games that couldn’t be rescheduled during the season.  The only issue with this is some playoff teams will get an extra week rest.

While perhaps other playoff teams will be forced to play what could be a meaningless game causing wear and tear on them, at the end of a long season.

Competitive disadvantage driven by something other than W-L would suck.

4 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

I will be stunned if we play the Titans game anytime soon.  Way too many positive cases there.  I’d also be stunned if we don’t see positive later this week given that Hurst from the Raiders was spreading virus during the game Sunday.

I thought when this started we’d see the beginning but not the end of the season.  Hope I’m wrong but it’s heading that way

I think they will postpone this game indefinitely and figure it out later. At this point they don’t know when the Titans will be able to play again. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

He's not wrong, but how will they handle rescheduling the Titans game? 

Seems to me the NFL kind of backed itself into a corner here by not building some flexibility into their schedule.

I think it could just be a cancellation but they will postpone it indefinitely for now ... things changing every day so may or may Not be able to play it at some point 

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Welp, Then.

J H C that would explain why they’ve been isolated since 9/29 and still turning up positives

Edited by YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Hmm. 

That's a good point. Chiefs/Bills certainly doesn't seem moveable. Unless they wanted to move it to a stand-alone Friday or Saturday Night game? But that gives Chiefs a one day advantage assuming they play the Raiders Sunday and Bills play the Titans Monday.  

I would say make it a Saturday night game. I know college football would not be happy but this isn't an ordinary season. That way you can keep the Titans game pending. If no further positives from today then just play Sunday as scheduled and leave the KC game on Thursday. If we get another positive then see if things are good Saturday and Sunday and plan to play Monday or Tuesday with the KC game on the following Saturday. If the Titans still can't play by next Tuesday then they are probably looking at a forfeit or the NFL needs to go ahead and add a week 18 for make-up games. It's unlikely the Titans will be the only team that needs to reschedule games anyway.

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Seems to me the NFL kind of backed itself into a corner here by not building some flexibility into their schedule.

I believe the league had little choice. The NFLPA rejected quite a few changes that could have easily added flexibility. The real alternative was to cancel or delay the season. No one wanted to do that. So, we have what we have because this is the common ground both sides agreed to.

1 minute ago, The Jokeman said:

Moving the Super Bowl back is no easy task, it takes cities years to prepare for the big game, think about it if you were to change a wedding date and how out of towners would be put through a loop but instead of impacting maybe 20=60 people you're impacting over 50,000 people. 

You're assuming they are going to allow any "guests" to the wedding.

Same as fans at the super bowl.  I don't think they are not going to allow fans but will likely be limited as most stadiums have been this year.  Also, if you can afford a super bowl ticket, I'm sure you can roll with the punches of it getting moved.  

11 minutes ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

Why they didn’t add 2 bye weeks to the schedule is beyond me. As well as pushing the SB to mid Feb....  

There should be two bye weeks anways but definitely this year. They should have built in a week 8 pause for catchup games if needed.

Edited by Ethan in Portland

3 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Moving the Super Bowl back is no easy task, it takes cities years to prepare for the big game, think about it if you were to change a wedding date and how out of towners would be put through a loop but instead of impacting maybe 20-60 people you're impacting over 50,000 people. As it impact hotels in the area, businesses that also work in conjunction with the Super Bowl for transportation etc. 

I was thinking about this the other day, would it even matter.  Tampa allows fans, but only 25 percent.  Wonder if that changes.

Just now, The Jokeman said:

Then the Titans deserve to be flagged with a loss on their schedule and not play the game. Sheeshus. Do people really not understand how easy this thing is to pass from one person to another?

These athletes grow-up thinking they're supermen. On the field they probably are compared to guys like me. However in the face of a pandemic, they're most certainly quite average human beings.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, The Wiz said:

You're assuming they are going to allow any "guests" to the wedding.

Same as fans at the super bowl.  I don't think they are not going to allow fans but will likely be limited as most stadiums have been this year.  Also, if you can afford a super bowl ticket, I'm sure you can roll with the punches of it getting moved.  

It's not just fans, it's the press, the businesses that work the game etc. 

4 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

this won’t be a typical Super Bowl.  Who knows how many fans will be allowed in.  There won’t be the typical pre game festivities.

7 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I mentioned this before but keep Jan open for make up games. Have the playoffs start in Feb with the Super Bowl being played in early March.

I'd much rather they play the game than cancel it. I think the Bills have a good chance to win this one, so one less win on the record would be bad. It could get really complicated down the stretch if two teams have only 15 games. A forfeit would be optimal.

7 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Probably wont be any fans at the Super Bowl. What area around the country will allow large crowds. It sucks but its the norm for 2020.