Week 4 Around the league.

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

and now with the first quarter of the season over and getting their first win the Eagles are tied for 1st in the division.

Aren't they actually alone in 1st, at 1-2-1?

Pederson isn't looking so dumb playing for the tie anymore...

Edited by MRW

12 hours ago, Rick 'r Mortis said:

Can I have the opinion that it's both?

But Wentz is nothing special.

He's been injured a lot, he still throws the fastball but man he has some misses.  I think a slower release and just - no chemistry with anyone on the field (oline, wide receivers, etc.) is making him look even worse.  

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Big C said:

^the Browns are loaded with talent. Last year they got so much hype until they were the same old Browns. Now, surprise surprise they are off to a 3-1 start! Today you gotta thank the Cowvoys awful defense; even then they kind of did it without having to rely on Baker all that much. They also beat the Bengals and Football Team so let's wait and see what happens.

I think the Browns announced this weekend that the AFC North will be a three-team dogfight.  Should be interesting to watch those round robin games between the Steelers, Browns and Ravens.

4 hours ago, wjag said:

I think the Browns announced this weekend that the AFC North will be a three-team dogfight.  Should be interesting to watch those round robin games between the Steelers, Browns and Ravens.

We'll see. Kevin Stefanski looks like he's going to be able to finally get all of that talent to play as a cohesive team but every time the Brownies start feeling their oats, they get punched in the mouth by Pittsburgh. They are to the Stillers what the 2000-2018 Bills have been to the Patriots*.

4 hours ago, wjag said:

The Brownies were already punked by the Ravens in W1.  And yesterday they nearly "Browned" themselves into blowing a 27-pt 4th quarter lead.  I won't be convinced until they have beaten a decent team.  Dallas (one win), Washington (one win), and Cinci (one win) don't fit that bill.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, eball said:

The Brownies were already punked by the Ravens in W1.  And yesterday they nearly "Browned" themselves into blowing a 27-pt 4th quarter lead.  I won't be convinced until they have beaten a decent team.  Dallas (one win), Washington (one win), and Cinci (one win) don't fit that bill.

The Browns actually looked like they knew what they were doing/how they're supposed to play. They'll definitely be at least a good to pretty good team if Baker plays like the QB he is and not the one he/they wish he was.

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

The Browns actually looked like they knew what they were doing/how they're supposed to play. They'll definitely be at least a good to pretty good team if Baker plays like the QB he is and not the one he/they wish he was.

They had a good game, but man that Dallas D is bad... Aside from Dallas they beat the Skins, and had a close game with the Bengals... Not inspiring. 

11 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

They had a good game, but man that Dallas D is bad... Aside from Dallas they beat the Skins, and had a close game with the Bengals... Not inspiring. 

I don't know maybe they'll revert but it did seem like they found their identity.

6 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

That's pretty much true of anyone that gets the NFC East this year.

3-1

with a 7th Playoff Seed.

So what?

5 more wins should lock it in.

Indy, Bengals, Raiders, Jags, Giants, Jets, Eagles, Texans

they can find 5 more wins in there.

Probably 6 or 7 more wins if Stefanski is as good as we all think he is.

1 hour ago, IDBillzFan said:

Apologies if posted already, but it really made me chuckle.

Aren't they leading their division lol

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

The Browns have a cake schedule... I think 3 teams take playoff spots from the North this year. 

You really think the Browns are anymore more that a 7-9 team? Of course b.c they aren't the Bills so you don't hate them

2 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

The Browns have a cake schedule... I think 3 teams take playoff spots from the North this year. 

When are you going to stop with this strength of schedule nonsense?  Wasn’t Arizona supposed to walk all over Carolina yesterday?  The Rams barely squeaked by the Giants.  ANY.  GIVEN.  SUNDAY.

• Like (+1) 1

Cleveland -- Dallas -- Scene Setter

Dallas has clawed back to within 3 points with 3:47 left and one time out.  They try an onside kick and miss it leaving the Browns at midfield.  Next play OBJ is off to the races.  Why oh why would you onside kick there?  Dallas had all the momentum.  The Browns were going three and out.  That decision had me scratching my head.

Just now, ScottLaw said:

Carolina isn't as bad as people think and I don't think the Rams are all that impressive, and the Giants aren't a good team but have the ability to play competitive football.... anyway the Browns have an easy schedule and will win at least 8-9, IMO.

8-9 isn’t playoff worthy.  I know you love to discount teams the Bills beat but the Rams are absolutely a playoff team.  Carolina was without McCaffrey.  So based upon your assessment is our game vs. Arizona now an “easy” one?

38 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Yes I do. A lot of talent, better coach and a cake schedule. 

Friendly bet? Browns win at least 8? $20?

Why the ***** would I ever bet anything when it comes to the Browns? They are ***** garbage.

27 minutes ago, eball said:

When are you going to stop with this strength of schedule nonsense?  Wasn’t Arizona supposed to walk all over Carolina yesterday?  The Rams barely squeaked by the Giants.  ANY.  GIVEN.  SUNDAY.

It's the only thing he has left to grab into.

• Like (+1) 1