Per PFT - Multiple coaches want to cancel all games tomorrow, put a pause on season 😢

Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Please keep discussion in this thread narrowly focused on football and directly football-related issues.

Two Bills Drive no longer finds it appropriate to engage in COVID-19 discussion in our main discussion areas. We are a Buffalo Bills fan community and we exist to serve fans of the Buffalo Bills and the NFL. Please use other communities and venues to discuss heath-related topics including COVID-19. 

Information about COVID-19 is available from many globally respected sources including:

Uptodate     |  British Medical Journal Best Practice   |      COVIPENDIUM    |    Our world in Data

The pinned topic: COVID-19 - Facts and Information Only Topic, located on the Off the Wall subforum, is also a resource.   Should these not meet your needs, many other sources of information (of varied accuracy) exist.

Thank you!

I just woke up to use the bathroom. smoked a cigarette, and I see this tweet .. I can't fall back asleep.  The Bills have been a major source of happiness for years but especially in this surreal year of 2020. 

God I hope the NFL goes a different route. 

Oh and Don't kill the messenger!

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Brennan Huff said:

I could see them putting a pause on the season just for a couple weeks, but I don’t see a need to shorten it though. Just extend it through February. The NFL offseason is too damn long anyways 

I agree except the season being too long? 16 games for professional football is fine. College is 12 games. High school is 10. .

I disagree also on pausing it starting tomorrow as well. I think ya gotta play. They have those contract tracer bracelets, extended practice squad. The players age and physical shape give them way less than 1% chance to get seriously ill. 

It's the older coaches I'd be most worried about 

3 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

I agree except the season being too long? 16 games for professional football is fine. College is 12 games. High school is 10. .

I disagree also on pausing it starting tomorrow as well. I think ya gotta play. They have those contract tracer bracelets, extended practice squad. The players age and physical shape give them way less than 1% chance to get seriously ill. 

It's the older coaches I'd be most worried about 

I said the off-season is too long. Hell I wish the regular season was longer than 16 games

• Like (+1) 3

14 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

I just woke up to use the bathroom. smoked a cigarette, and I see this tweet .. I can't fall back asleep.  The Bills have been a major source of happiness for years but especially in this surreal year of 2020. 

I wonder how many of those coaches are winless or 1-2? 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

I think they will play today. I can however see an emergency meeting after these week 4 games to work out what next. I do think a shortening of the season and some sort of break probably occur. 

Same all the teams are already at the locations and if they're screwing with the schedule they have plenty of wiggle room to get it to all line up.

6 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

I wonder how many of those coaches are winless or 1-2? 

That was literally my 1st thought!!

7 minutes ago, Brennan Huff said:

I said the off-season is too long. Hell I wish the regular season was longer than 16 games

My bad!

Oh and Cam was only Patriot to test positive. 

Looks like  Titans are only team with multiple players infected , obviously still waiting on rest of Saints players results too but that's a great sign.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Again, I wonder when this will become a strategy for someone like Beeeeelichek. ---> Sends player to get Covid for free by week, if needed. 

I think coaches are recognizing the same thing.

If they made the player who caught it sit for 8 weeks, and that team forfeit the scheduled game, then there would be none of those shenanigans. Not saying it would be fair, but it would definitely be a deterrent to those type of Patriot things... And, I'm sure teams would take precautions to the next level.

tenor.gif?itemid=5740264

Edited by Paulus

9 minutes ago, GimmeSomeProcess said:

PFT is about as reliable as a crack head when breaking news. I can see a pause on the if KC/NE have an out break like Tennessee. I do not see them shortening it. A week pause, plus a more stringent approach (like the Bills are going) will be fine 

With the Bills in Vegas, what are the chances they all behaved and stayed in their rooms?

• Like (+1) 2

Mike Florio also has a penchant for cheering on and almost promoting worst case scenarios. Whenever it comes to potential roadblocks for the NFL whether it be legal, coronavirus, protests, liability issues, concussions.......Florio always seems to be rooting for or at the very least promoting chaos.  Maybe its the lawyer in him, but the man is always "glass half empty" pontificating on his daily show.  He could be hearing this but, damn, I hope this doesn't happen.

MLB (without a bubble)

NHL (bubble)

NBA (bubble)

Were all able to manage through their respective seasons without having to temporarily suspend the entire league.  With much more money on the table and just general importance to the nation's psyche I see no reason the NFL can't persevere through these uncharted waters.

Edited by Estro
  • Like (+1) 5

49 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I think they will play today. I can however see an emergency meeting after these week 4 games to work out what next. I do think a shortening of the season and some sort of break probably occur. 

Agree. Unless there is a major outbreak, too late to cancel today's games. But, I could see them taking the next week or two off to see where things go. A pause to save the season would not surprise me.

Edited by CSBill
  • Like (+1) 1

Not saying it won’t happen but Florio is very clever here with his headline. First he says multiple, meaning 2 or more. Well that doesn’t really tell us much. Could be 3, it could be 20. Second he says coaches, well which coaches, so is that head coaches, or assistant coaches. There are nearly 500 coaches in the NFL. Are these head coaches? Are these 2 coaches from the Titans?

Florio goes fishing for clicks, a lot. 

• Like (+1) 7

1 hour ago, JerseyBills said:

Really? And just where are those coaches huddled up and having this conversation? These are obsessive-compulsive NFL Head Football Coaches, they are in their hotel rooms watching tape and fretting over every little detail on the night before a game. Probably a few who replied to a text question from someone at PFT.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, CSBill said:

Really? And just where are those coaches huddled up and having this conversation? These are obsessive-compulsive NFL Head Football Coaches, they are in their hotel rooms watching tape and fretting over every little detail on the night before a game. Probably a few who replied to a text question from someone at PFT.

See he doesn’t even say head coaches in that tweet, he says coaches. He’s done that on purpose. He would be clear, if it were head coaches.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1