Per PFT - Multiple coaches want to cancel all games tomorrow, put a pause on season šŸ˜¢

Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Please keep discussion in this thread narrowly focused on football and directly football-related issues.

Ā 

Two Bills Drive no longer finds it appropriate to engage in COVID-19Ā discussion in our main discussion areas. We are a Buffalo Bills fanĀ community and we existĀ to serve fans of the Buffalo Bills and the NFL. Please use otherĀ communities and venues to discuss heath-related topics including COVID-19.Ā 

Ā 

Information about COVID-19 is available from many globally respected sources including:

Ā 

UptodateĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā |Ā Ā British Medical Journal Best PracticeĀ Ā  | Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā COVIPENDIUMĀ Ā Ā  | Ā Ā Ā Our world in Data

Ā 

The pinned topic:Ā COVID-19 - Facts and Information Only Topic, located on the Off the WallĀ subforum, is also aĀ resource.Ā Ā  Should these not meet your needs, many other sources of information (of varied accuracy) exist.

Ā 

Thank you!

1 hour ago, JerseyBills said:

I just woke up to use the bathroom. smoked a cigarette,Ā and I see this tweet .. I can't fall back asleep.Ā  The Bills have been a major source of happiness for years but especially in this surreal year of 2020.Ā 

God I hope the NFL goes a different route.Ā 

Oh and Don't kill the messenger!

Ā 

You shouldn't smoke.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Joe in Winslow said:

Everybody freak out!

I donā€™t believe anyone is freaking out but a break in play is pretty inevitable. These guys arenā€™t in a bubble and there seems to be an uptick in cases right now. A week ago today there were no positives. Look at what happened in 6 days.

Ā 

It is what it is.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JerseyBills said:

That was literally my 1st thought!!

My bad!

Oh and Cam was only Patriot to test positive.Ā 

Looks likeĀ  Titans are only team with multiple players infected , obviously still waiting on rest of Saints players results too but that's a great sign.

I just canā€™t see any way no one else was infected. I know yesterdayā€™s tests came back negative, but thereā€™s indistinguishable incubation period. Cam practiced all week with his teammates. All of a sudden heā€™s positive stepping on the plane and no onther Pat* is?

Ā 

Iā€™m not buying it.

6 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Everybody freak out!

Ā 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Chandler#81 said:

I just canā€™t see any way no one else was infected. I know yesterdayā€™s tests came back negative, but thereā€™s indistinguishable incubation period. Cam practiced all week with his teammates. All of a sudden heā€™s positive stepping on the plane and no onther Pat* is?

Ā 

Iā€™m not buying it.

Falcons managed to contain it to one player. Ā 
Ā 

Vikings didnā€™t get it after playing the Titans. Ā 
Ā 

If the Pats/Chiefs can keep it contained, that would be a huge boost to the NFL, leaving only the Titans who had an outbreak. Ā  If not, we could have problems.Ā 

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Beast said:

I donā€™t believe anyone is freaking out but a break in play is pretty inevitable. These guys arenā€™t in a bubble and there seems to be an uptick in cases right now. A week ago today there were no positives. Look at what happened in 6 days.

Ā 

It is what it is.

Ā 

No. Plenty of people freak out over this topic and have since March.

Ā 

A break is not inevitable.

1 minute ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Ā 

No. Plenty of people freak out over this topic and have since March.

Ā 

A break is not inevitable.

I agree about the freak out since March but I think youā€™ll see the NFL shut down for a bit by the end of this month. I mean, if a player test positive the day before, or the day of, a game, how can the NFL move forward with that game when there could be multiple other players infected that have yet to test positive?

Ā 

I donā€™t have the answers but this doesnā€™t look good.

Edited by Beast

12 minutes ago, Beast said:

Ā 

It is what it is.

Huh? There were positives last week, what are you talking about? The difference this week is whatā€™s happened with the Titans and weā€™ve had the first high profile player.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

Huh? There were positives last week, what are you talking about? The difference this week is whatā€™s happened with the Titans and weā€™ve had the first high profile player.

There is also the Saints player that tested positive the day before the game. How does the NFL handle that? Seclude him and send the rest of the players out to play with the possibility some are infected but have yet to give a positive test?

Ā 

The Patriots game was postponed with one positive test that happened the day prior.

Edited by Beast

I will say, while I donā€™t believe this report at all, a ā€œpauseā€ would be such a horrible optic for the NFL. Ā 
Ā 

Every other league went into this with a plan, executed it (in MLBā€™s case, with bumps in the road) and had their season with minor interruptions. Ā 
Ā 

CFB is revving up to a full slate of conference games by November, and you have teams like Virginia Tech playing games without 20+ players, gutting their way through it. Ā Some games postponed, see Notre Dame etc. Ā 

Ā 

For the NFL to have to recalibrate for what everyone had to assume was inevitable, would be quite the admission of failure on a league level. Ā 

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Beast said:

There is also the Saints player that tested positive the day before the game. How does the NFL handle that? Seclude him and send the rest of the players out to play with the possibility some are infected but have yet to give a positive test?

Iā€™mĀ sorry that you werenā€™t paying attention but a Falcons player tested positive last Saturday and they played the Falcons/Bears game. Not to mention the Titans practice squad player that tested positive last SaturdayĀ and didnā€™t travel with the team.

Ā 

Again, the difference is what happened with the Titans this week. What we donā€™t know, which thereĀ are rumours that it happened, is if the Titans broke protocol.

Edited by Wayne Cubed

1 minute ago, Wayne Cubed said:

Iā€™mĀ sorry that you werenā€™t paying attention but a Falcons player tested positive last Saturday and they played the Falcons/Bears game. Not to mention the Titans practice squad player that tested positive last SaturdayĀ and didnā€™t travel with the team.

Ā 

Again, the difference is what happened with the Titans this week. What we donā€™t know, which their are rumours that it happened, is if the Titans broke protocol.

Then why is the Patriots/Chiefs game postponed?Ā 
Ā 

Sorry you werenā€™tā€™ paying attention to that.

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I will say, while I donā€™t believe this report at all, a ā€œpauseā€ would be such a horrible optic for the NFL. Ā 
Ā 

Every other league went into this with a plan, executed it (in MLBā€™s case, with bumps in the road) and had their season with minor interruptions. Ā 
Ā 

CFB is revving up to a full slate of conference games by November, and you have teams like Virginia Tech playing games without 20+ players, gutting their way through it. Ā Some games postponed, see Notre Dame etc. Ā 

Ā 

For the NFL to have to recalibrate for what everyone had to assume was inevitable, would be quite the admission of failure on a league level. Ā 

This. And who tf is ā€œmultiple coachesā€?Ā 

Weak journalism. Professional Rabble-Rousing

• Like (+1) 1

I hear Dan Quinn, Mike Zimmer, Bill Oā€™Brian, and Adam Gase are very concerned.

Ā 

Seriously though, I donā€™t consider this worth anything. Donā€™t forget that PFT is the group that was absolutely sure people would die because the league went forward with Free Agency and they said at the time that 30 GMā€™s were petitioning the league to cancel it...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Chandler#81 said:

This. And who tf is ā€œmultiple coachesā€?Ā 

Weak journalism. Professional Rabble-Rousing

Florio has been doing this since jump. Ā I donā€™t understand this mentality from some sports journalists that seem hell-bent on not having sports, but heā€™s been pushing the panic narrative far before today. Ā 

• Like (+1) 2