WTF

Foxx

4 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

This is like the 5th time you've brought it up in unrelated conversation. You sound like an idiot. 

Says the guy who brought up the police are terrorist in a conversation about free speech.  Look in the mirror idiot.  You're a mess. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Not according to SDS.

Why don't you go to 4chan? Seems it'd be a better home for someone who wants to talk alt-right politics and isn't a Bills fan.

everyone that doesn’t vote the way transplant wants is an ALT RIGHTER !!! 

You are embarassing.    Those poor school kids get stuck listening to your nonsense 🥴

Edited by Teddy KGB
  • Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, SDS said:

This is probably peripheral to the discussion I've been trying to have, but the above responses beg the question... Did DR come after the one verifiably known person here that is actually on the sex offender registry? 

Again, not trying to be argumentative. Just curious given the unique situation.

I didn't learn of that situation until some time after so I can't say, but my understanding is the poster in question was banned around the time that information went public, so I'd doubt it. DR isn't really one to go after someone unless provoked.

I believe LB3 and Taro's assessment is accurate. When DR was posting serious information about abused children (and there have been several child trafficking rings discovered recently) Gary/Zebra seemed to find the whole topic highly amusing. That very well may have given rise to that accusation. 

On a side note, and not that it really matters, but DR isn't a political idealogue. There seems to be a perception that he's a right winger hell bent on "owning the libs," but the truth is that he's not terribly conservative and for the bulk of the time he's been posting here he's been more aligned with the left.

He's one of the few people I know who tends to view issues individually and self-assess based on new information. Whether his information is correct is up to debate, but he's a very curious individual who is not married to any political party or preconceived point of view.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

This thread was a good read. I appreciate SDS actually providing some insight on the situation. He certainly didn't have to do that.

I'm a guy who's enjoyed DR's posts since I first joined. Only a few years. He was always respectful, even if we disagreed, and I was open to his information. He definitely had a lot of it.

While mostly on the sidelines just reading the PPP and not bothering to engage, I could see DR's decline. I was not surprised at all by his temp ban and not surprised now if he's permanently banned.

It's important to manage your online interactions in a way that fosters good health. It seemed like he wasn't doing that anymore and it's not anyone's fault but his own. Unfortunately there's a myriad of sites and forums that will drive that vicious cycle. Hopefully he just takes a break.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

I didn't learn of that situation until some time after so I can't say, but my understanding is the poster in question was banned around the time that information went public, so I'd doubt it. DR isn't really one to go after someone unless provoked.

I believe LB3 and Taro's assessment is accurate. When DR was posting serious information about abused children (and there have been several child trafficking rings discovered recently) Gary/Zebra seemed to find the whole topic highly amusing. That very well may have given rise to that accusation. 

On a side note, and not that it really matters, but DR isn't a political idealogue. There seems to be a perception that he's a right winger hell bent on "owning the libs," but the truth is that he's not terribly conservative and for the bulk of the time he's been posting here he's been more aligned with the left.

He's one of the few people I know who tends to view issues individually and self-assess based on new information. Whether his information is correct is up to debate, but he's a very curious individual who is not married to any political party or preconceived point of view.

You are absolutely correct. When I first started posting here Greggy T and I went after each other over race relations and political correctness. He has evolved from the Hollywood liberal that he was then to a more pragmatic sometimes moderate, sometimes conservative but always a person who despised the deep state establishment. He is/was passionate about the scourge of sex trafficking and pedophilia. He often spoke out against those terrible practices and always had posters like Gary making fun of him for it. Gary was by far the biggest culprit. The issue is not DR but the sheer amount of trash posters here now who have no desire to discuss but all the desire in the world to disrupt and tear this place down. DR most likely has contributed more here than anyone else. It would be a shame to lose him here. Here's a question for people: What came first, DR's first suspension or the invasion of trash posters? How does a person post here for well over a decade without (I presume) any suspensions but then get in trouble twice in the matter of 2 months? What has changed?

• Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

You are absolutely correct. When I first started posting here Greggy T and I went after each other over race relations and political correctness. He has evolved from the Hollywood liberal that he was then to a more pragmatic sometimes moderate, sometimes conservative but always a person who despised the deep state establishment. He is/was passionate about the scourge of sex trafficking and pedophilia. He often spoke out against those terrible practices and always had posters like Gary making fun of him for it. Gary was by far the biggest culprit. The issue is not DR but the sheer amount of trash posters here now who have no desire to discuss but all the desire in the world to disrupt and tear this place down. DR most likely has contributed more here than anyone else. It would be a shame to lose him here. Here's a question for people: What came first, DR's first suspension or the invasion of trash posters? How does a person post here for well over a decade without (I presume) any suspensions but then get in trouble twice in the matter of 2 months? What has changed?

Thanks for sharing the background.  

21 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

His mental health. 

22 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

How does a person post here for well over a decade without (I presume) any suspensions but then get in trouble twice in the matter of 2 months? What has changed?

Because echo chambers don't tend to eat their own. The behavior of this group is not normal, even if the historical participants here have normalized it. Now that there is a tiny bit of political diversity in the group, that's all becoming very, very clear.

Edited by BullBuchanan

8 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Because echo chambers don't tend to eat their own. The behavior of this group is not normal, even if the historical participants here have normalized it. Now that there is a tiny bit of political diversity in the group, that's all becoming very, very clear.

You're nuts.

31 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

I think the only appropriate thing to say here is that the lack of suspension does not imply what your suggesting. 

And for the record, it’s been 6.75 years. 

I will also say, for better or worse, depending on the time frame we all change. I’m nothing like the 29 year that started this. Nor the 35 year old. Nor the 45 year old. 

2 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Not according to SDS.

Why don't you go to 4chan? Seems it'd be a better home for someone who wants to talk alt-right politics and isn't a Bills fan.

So a prerequisite to discuss politics (I’m far from alt-right but whatever. You go with that) here is to be a Bills fan?  Are you really suggesting that?  

6 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

So a prerequisite to discuss politics (I’m far from alt-right but whatever. You go with that) here is to be a Bills fan?  Are you really suggesting that?  

He's trying to get you to leave the board.  That's what he does.

41 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Brah, scroll to the top of the page.  What do you see?

This is a sub-forum of a Buffalo Bills website, as indicated by the "Two Bills Drive" right above "Buffalo Bills News" right at the top of the page you're looking at right now.

As much as I've often disagreed with DR and am now resenting the fact that he won't be able to own up to his part of the bargain when he loses our bet next month, I at least know that he was a Bills fan.

What the hell brought you here??

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, realtruelove said:

He's trying to get you to leave the board.  That's what he does.

It's what I do?  Who the heck else have I done that to?

I'm actually PISSED DR got perma-banned if that's what actually happened.  He and I made a bet and now he will have no way to live up to that bet when he loses next month.

I just ignore the useless idiots who don't post any substance and just spew vitriol... and right now there are only 2 on my ignore list.  

I'm just entertained by others like @Teddy KGB who almost hyperbolically just tries to get under anyone's skin... it's comical and I need a good laugh every once in awhile... besides, he also has pretty good taste in TV shows, so I might've missed out on a gem like Peaky Blinders that I'm making my way slowly through if not for him.

And again, I know he's actually a Bills fan.  He deserves to be here.  Frankly that's what I thought all of us had in common.

I'm disappointed that's not the case.  And it just doesn't make much sense for a non Bills fan or a non football fan to be here.

2 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I'm actually PISSED DR got perma-banned if that's what actually happened.  He and I made a bet and now he will have no way to live up to that bet when he loses next month.

I just ignore the useless idiots who don't post any substance and just spew vitriol... and right now there are only 2 on my ignore list.  

I'm just entertained by others like @Teddy KGB who almost hyperbolically just tries to get under anyone's skin... it's comical and I need a good laugh every once in awhile... besides, he also has pretty good taste in TV shows, so I might've missed out on a gem like Peaky Blinders that I'm making my way slowly through if not for him.

And again, I know he's actually a Bills fan.  He deserves to be here.  Frankly that's what I thought all of us had in common.

I'm disappointed that's not the case.  And it just doesn't make much sense for a non Bills fan or a non football fan to be here.

Why should anyone on this site need to be a Bills fan?

5 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Just started the last season of Peaky.   Loving it, forgot it was out there. 

I enjoy mocking those who bash the President 4x a day for years on end.   It’s hilarious to me jmo.   

I know your an okay guy but your definitive statements on the ppp side are a little cringy and overdone.   

You know DR ain’t an ####### imo.   Y’all are a little too deep into the Biden/Trump bet imo.  

2 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

This thread was a good read. I appreciate SDS actually providing some insight on the situation. He certainly didn't have to do that.

I'm a guy who's enjoyed DR's posts since I first joined. Only a few years. He was always respectful, even if we disagreed, and I was open to his information. He definitely had a lot of it.

While mostly on the sidelines just reading the PPP and not bothering to engage, I could see DR's decline. I was not surprised at all by his temp ban and not surprised now if he's permanently banned.

It's important to manage your online interactions in a way that fosters good health. It seemed like he wasn't doing that anymore and it's not anyone's fault but his own. Unfortunately there's a myriad of sites and forums that will drive that vicious cycle. Hopefully he just takes a break.

I’m wondering what you mean by his “decline” to the extent it led to a deserved permanent ban. 

6 minutes ago, realtruelove said:

Why should anyone on this site need to be a Bills fan?

To quote SDS directly, this is a "politics subforum in Buffalo Bills COMMUNITY" (capitalized for my own emphasis, obviously... and he emphasizes this point multiple times) and "This is a Buffalo Bills community. It's a simple statement." and "I don't run 4chan for Bills fans" and "I don't run The Donald for Bills fans."

Being a Bills fan seems implicit if you're part of the Buffalo Bills community... which is what everyone here in PPP is, according to the owner of this website.

1 minute ago, transplantbillsfan said:

To quote SDS directly, this is a "politics subforum in Buffalo Bills COMMUNITY" (capitalized for my own emphasis, obviously... and he emphasizes this point multiple times) and "This is a Buffalo Bills community. It's a simple statement." and "I don't run 4chan for Bills fans" and "I don't run The Donald for Bills fans."

Being a Bills fan seems implicit if you're part of the Buffalo Bills community... which is what everyone here in PPP is, according to the owner of this website.

Then why are so many non Bills fans on this site?  It's all so confusing. 

36 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Brah, scroll to the top of the page.  What do you see?

This is a sub-forum of a Buffalo Bills website, as indicated by the "Two Bills Drive" right above "Buffalo Bills News" right at the top of the page you're looking at right now.

As much as I've often disagreed with DR and am now resenting the fact that he won't be able to own up to his part of the bargain when he loses our bet next month, I at least know that he was a Bills fan.

What the hell brought you here??

You really care why I’m here?  I’m from WNY grew up a huge Bills fan. Got tired of the losing and lack of playoffs and the BS this team put its fans through so I quit them about 5 or 6 years ago. Best thing I ever did. I’ve on this board for 20 years and have tons of friends here and like politics. 

Can I stay?  Please oh please oh please let me stay!! 

15 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Yes I’m part of the Buffalo Bills community. I just don’t follow the team.  Got a problem with that? 

• Haha (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

You really care why I’m here?  I’m from WNY grew up a huge Bills fan. Got tired of the losing and lack of playoffs and the BS this team put its fans through so I quit them about 5 or 6 years ago. Best thing I ever did. I’ve on this board for 20 years and have tons of friends here and like politics. 

The best thing you ever did was quit on a football team? 

That doesn’t surprise me. 😂😂😂

Cripe sakes, I take a weekend road trip up to WNY to visit my 81y.o. mom for the first time since Covid hit, and PPP turns into a snowmelt. 

This thread is a diva-fest, holy Moses.

The PPP sub-forum can be really excellent at times, but those times have unfortunately diminished to too few.  It’s a shame. Buncha marshmallows. And with that said, I’ll continue to come around here and hope that the discourse improves. There’s too much baiting and too many people take the bait. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, snafu said:

Cripe sakes, I take a weekend road trip up to WNY to visit my 81y.o. mom for the first time since Covid hit, and PPP turns into a snowmelt. 

The PPP sub-forum can be really excellent at times, but those times have unfortunately diminished to too few.  It’s a shame. Buncha marshmallows. And with that said, I’ll continue to come around here and hope that the discourse improves. There’s too much baiting and too many people take the bait. 

The baiting here is definitely not masterfull anymore.

Which is a shame because I really do love masterfull baiting.

• Haha (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, snafu said:

And what exactly is THAT supposed to mean??? 

On 10/4/2020 at 5:10 AM, Azalin said:

I've been urging folks to ignore the trolls for a couple years at least, but too many just can't seem to help themselves. Engaging them has invited more and more. That alone is not enough to chase me away, but with the recent bannings I think it's finally enough. 

I've been lurking here (and posting infrequently, and 'thumbs-upping/downing stuff since the sanctioned Bills board died).  I LIKED this place, and had a LONG ignore list.  I REALLY wish EVERYONE could learn who to ignore, and who not to (as I didn't want this to become an echo-chamber).  BUT, I honestly looked most forward to DR's posts, as he broke open so many things 3-4 years ago, he was never the first to start a fight, but I wish he put several others on ignore, too.

HOWEVER, responding to trash shouldn't get just ONE banned, when we've seen these turds goading, daily, many times a day.  Why so many of the instigators are in this thread speaks volumes about the moderation that's going on, and I won't stick around for that, Bills fan or not.

If someone finds a fairly moderated (or even, a board that was mostly ignored like this one was, until the trolls arrived), please PM me, as I'll join.

I'll continue to get my BILLS stuff on the main board here, but done down here.  The moderators have let their lib-leaning ways show, and that always tends toward silencing dissenting views.  We know where that leads, and I'm not down with that.  Shame - this was a good 'basement' for years before I was here, and the several years I got to enjoy this place.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, TtownBillsFan said:

I've been lurking here (and posting infrequently, and 'thumbs-upping/downing stuff since the sanctioned Bills board died).  I LIKED this place, and had a LONG ignore list.  I REALLY wish EVERYONE could learn who to ignore, and who not to (as I didn't want this to become an echo-chamber).  BUT, I honestly looked most forward to DR's posts, as he broke open so many things 3-4 years ago, he was never the first to start a fight, but I wish he put several others on ignore, too.

HOWEVER, responding to trash shouldn't get just ONE banned, when we've seen these turds goading, daily, many times a day.  Why so many of the instigators are in this thread speaks volumes about the moderation that's going on, and I won't stick around for that, Bills fan or not.

If someone finds a fairly moderated (or even, a board that was mostly ignored like this one was, until the trolls arrived), please PM me, as I'll join.

I'll continue to get my BILLS stuff on the main board here, but done down here.  The moderators have let their lib-leaning ways show, and that always tends toward silencing dissenting views.  We know where that leads, and I'm not down with that.  Shame - this was a good 'basement' for years before I was here, and the several years I got to enjoy this place.

Stick around.

I’d say that to anyone who’s already threatened to leave (or left already).