4merper4mer

Inside track on Lawrence after 2 weeks?

Who, to you, looks like they'll have the #1 pick?

To me, the Jets have looked bad but will get some wins. Jags, despite having a win, will suck, the Vikings are a dark horse as they look surprisingly brutal.  I could also see a team already with a young QB like the Giants or Bengals getting the pick and trading it for a boatload.  

I mean if they fire Gase, Gregg might be able to pull them out of last. But right now they are just imploding so thoroughly.

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I mean if they fire Gase, Gregg might be able to pull them out of last. But right now they are just imploding so thoroughly.

Would they take a QB or stick with Sam and swap out of 1?

4 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Definitely a pretty good chance whoever it is going to be will be new and might not want to be saddled with a quiet possibly damaged 1st round pick.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Like (+1) 1

I could see the Bengals getting the #1 pick again and trading out of that pick and getting a lot. Then build up their OL and defense. Then be a force in the AFCN for the next 10 years. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Raleigh • √eff said:

I could see the Bengals getting the #1 pick again and trading out of that pick and getting a lot. Then build up their OL and defense. Then be a force in the AFCN for the next 10 years. 

If they could trade for a decent owner, that would be a HUGE win! Until that change happens, I don’t see much good happening. 

• Like (+1) 7

11 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

If they were to choose the stick-with-Darnold route then it’d pretty much signal they’ll be paying him a ton of money, and I don’t think he’s done anything so far to show he’s worth $25+ million.

• Like (+1) 3

there are like 7 QB's I would keep instead of drafting Trevor. Josh, Kyler, Deshaun, Mahomes, Burrow, Herbert, and Lamar, the rest have aging QB's or some guy they think is a successor (Love). Trevor is going to be great.

• Like (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, Raleigh • √eff said:

I think Burrow will win a couple games too many and highly doubt they get 1st pick.

If the Jets get the pick they are definitely taking Lawrence imo. Darnold has shown no reason not to.

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Arizona set a precedent.  If you're not sold on the QB you spent a first round pick on, spend another first round pick on a QB and trade your prior QB for the highest you can get.

• Like (+1) 7

Just now, jkeerie said:

Arizona set a precedent.  If you're not sold on the QB you spent a first round pick on, spend another first round pick on a QB and trade your prior QB for the highest you can get.

I mean it's not really the same, moving on from a 1st round QB after 1 year is very different from moving on after 3.

• Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, Charles Romes said:

Lawrence may the highest rated QB since Luck.  I could see the jets taking him and dumping Darnold for a 2nd. 

No one can approach that much overhype.  It's also a weird year in CFB which will tone it down a bit.

3 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

No one can approach that much overhype.  It's also a weird year in CFB which will tone it down a bit.

Yeah the Mystery Draft should be interesting.

Jets are in their own tier of awful. I don't see how they don't get the first pick . 

Potential for Lawrence, Tua, Allen and Newton in the division, wow

• Like (+1) 2

Jets and Washington probably have the best odds. I will say that Trey Lance is going to be the prize QB if he declares.

Edited by Bangarang

1 minute ago, Process said:

Jets are in their own tier of awful. I don't see how they don't get the first pick . 

Potential for Lawrence, Tua, Allen and Newton in the division, wow

Sounds like how you get an NFC West.