Last one on the Jets game. Gang Green envious and praising Allen

Chandler#81

7 hours ago, 1ManRaid said:

I was waiting for a thread/posts there from a particular egotistical poster about how the Jets would have won if Bell didn't get injured, just like how Mosley and mono were his excuses last year.

You're dense. The poster you're talking about there, SAR, is a long time ongoing caricature of some of their posters. One a note, Bills fans, be better, because we should be better than the Jets, Dolphins and Pats fans. Stop going there and posting stupid sh*t, getting trolled then getting all upset. 

You can see in this Jets thread the narrative that's just now forming and will be everywhere soon: Allen is good only because he's surrounded by talent, with no acknowledgment that last two years he had mediocre talent around him (on offense). He can't win. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, finn said:

You can see in this Jets thread the narrative that's just now forming and will be everywhere soon: Allen is good only because he's surrounded by talent, with no acknowledgment that last two years he had mediocre talent around him (on offense). He can't win. 

it seems to be shifting from the idea that josh is just a rb playing qb, to the only reason josh is a good qb is because there's talent around him.

1 minute ago, teef said:

it seems to be shifting from the idea that josh is just a rb playing qb, to the only reason josh is a good qb is because there's talent around him.

Of course, that's most QBs in the league. There's maybe 1 or 2 guys in the league who can make a bad offense decent with little around them. There's a ton of guys who with all the talent around them still can't make it work (See Mayfield, Baker)

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Of course, that's most QBs in the league. There's maybe 1 or 2 guys in the league who can make a bad offense decent with little around them. There's a ton of guys who with all the talent around them still can't make it work (See Mayfield, Baker)

oh i agree.  i think some might just use the increased talent on this team to take away from allen's growth.  so far it seems like his development is being done properly.

I live an hour from MetLife and (living here my whole life), I hate the Jets more then any other team. I want them to lose as much as humanly possible but I do feel bad for Darnold. The Jets organization ruined him. If roles were reversed, Allen would suck on the Jets and Darnold would be flourishing in Buffalo. One organization has done everything possible to help their young QB. And the other has done everything wrong. The Jets surround Darnold with no talent and have jerked him around with coaching changes. Now they have Gase who will absolutely burn that team to the ground. He is an untouchable cancer. I’m so proud of the job the Bills have done with Josh and I’m very excited about where we are headed. Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

It's days like this I remember the absolute panic in March 2018 when people here were clamoring for Beane to do something when NYJ traded 3 second round picks to move up from 6th to 3rd overall. 

At the minimum I'm content with the decision to make the move to 7 for Josh.  He's certainly looking like the better QB over Darnold, but this comparison still needs more evidence pro or con.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

IMHO, the contrast between the two was a perfect picture of why a GM and HC build an Offensive Line and then the receiving corps and running backs around him. The Jets have not done that sufficiently and I truly believe Darnold would be a different QB if they had done it competently. I'm NOT saying Darnold is better or taking anything away from him, please do not misread this. I'm merely saying this validates all the more why the methodical and strategic approach to building around the QB is so essential for development and success.

Yes, everyone knows this....but it's in the patience few have the strength to see it through. McD and Daboll still need to show more progress for the Offense as a whole, but yesterday was the epitome of seeing a team build around the QB the right way vs. trying to get it done quickly and without the expense of good coaching and time. JMO

38 minutes ago, teef said:

oh i agree.  i think some might just use the increased talent on this team to take away from allen's growth.  so far it seems like his development is being done properly.

Oh it’s already happening. The critics takes were so strong on him coming out that they have to die on that hill now. There was an article with regards to Allen before the season even started and it was title “Even Josh Allen couldn’t screw this up”. 

Once we traded for Diggs you knew that excuse would be used. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

Jets actually have some rational fans. Good insights from an opponent’s perspective. Personally I liked Darnolds game today given his complete lack of protection, drops & lack of talent. Do the Jets have a TE or explosive WR? Outside of the Edmunds missed tackle on the screen no Jet showed game changing play making ability. Darnold has zero weapons. 

Yeah all except the media blowhards, i would love to hear Mike Greenberg this morning whine and and on about the jets...and that bucktooh Francesca as well.

7 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Oh it’s already happening. The critics takes were so strong on him coming out that they have to die on that hill now. There was an article with regards to Allen before the season even started and it was title “Even Josh Allen couldn’t screw this up”. 

Once we traded for Diggs you knew that excuse would be used. 

it's too bad.  if josh really does evolve into a franchise qb, it will largely be due to the time and effort he's put in.  certainly the personnel and coaching are a huge part, but allen has worked for it.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I live an hour from MetLife and (living here my whole life), I hate the Jets more then any other team. I want them to lose as much as humanly possible but I do feel bad for Darnold. The Jets organization ruined him. If roles were reversed, Allen would suck on the Jets and Darnold would be flourishing in Buffalo. One organization has done everything possible to help their young QB. And the other has done everything wrong. The Jets surround Darnold with no talent and have jerked him around with coaching changes. Now they have Gase who will absolutely burn that team to the ground. He is an untouchable cancer. I’m so proud of the job the Bills have done with Josh and I’m very excited about where we are headed. Go Bills!

Agreed, but the way Sam played yesterday makes me worried about him long term. I think the mental scarring may be too significant. They should have made Gase 1 and done. Winning 6 of their last 8 last year in the long run might not have helped.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Fun read. I’m partial to the posts from their long time members, but overall they wish they had Allen.

https://forums.jetnation.com/topic/153919-lets-give-josh-allen-credit/

LOL at HawkeyeJet:

I'll give him credit for being a bad QB on a good team with a good coach

Grapes be sour much, Iowa Boy?

2 hours ago, finn said:

The truth is, that most QB are only enabled to show whether or not they are good, when they are surrounded by talent - or at least, enough talent - and good coaching.

But being surrounded by talent will not save a bad or streaky QB from “regressing to the mean” after having a great 5 games or even a great season.

We hope that Allen is progressing and not regressing, but we’ll need to see a pattern over the season to tell for sure.

• Like (+1) 1

'Sam is just so damn “average” at everything. He has no one legit dominant skill. Boring as all get out. Like white rice.'

It's really how I see him too. Josh on the other end, is guaranteed entertainment :) Was it Boomer Esiason who said that last year? So true. Only perfectionists, well, actually people expecting OTHERS to perform perfectly drool at the mouth with Allen's mistakes. Do I like his fumbles? Hell no ha ha. But he makes so little mistakes overall when you consider his style of reckless playing. He's fun! And it's obvious now with his skillset, determination coaching and great surrounding cast this team is going somewhere! 

Edited by Jerome007
  • Like (+1) 1

I'm partial to the gangreen.com forum. Usually pretty full of emotion over there.

Just getting into their Gameday thread: https://forums.theganggreen.com/threads/2020-nfl-week-1-new-york-jets-buffalo-bills.94239/

Starts off so hopeful, optimistic, and even confident. Looking forward to page 2. 🤣

edit: So that isnt the gameday thread. it's the game WEEK thread. God, Jets fans are so annoying.

Edited by DrDawkinstein

9 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I'm partial to the gangreen.com forum. Usually pretty full of emotion over there.

Just getting into their Gameday thread: https://forums.theganggreen.com/threads/2020-nfl-week-1-new-york-jets-buffalo-bills.94239/

Starts off so hopeful, optimistic, and even confident. Looking forward to page 2. 🤣

edit: So that isnt the gameday thread. it's the game WEEK thread. God, Jets fans are so annoying.

This one from page one: 

Hopefully we can get in field goal range a couple of times and avoid a shutout. This is gonna be *****in ugly.

Optimistic prediction: 27-16 Bills
Realistic prediction: 35-3 Bills

3 hours ago, BigBuff423 said:

IMHO, the contrast between the two was a perfect picture of why a GM and HC build an Offensive Line and then the receiving corps and running backs around him. The Jets have not done that sufficiently and I truly believe Darnold would be a different QB if they had done it competently. I'm NOT saying Darnold is better or taking anything away from him, please do not misread this. I'm merely saying this validates all the more why the methodical and strategic approach to building around the QB is so essential for development and success.

Yes, everyone knows this....but it's in the patience few have the strength to see it through. McD and Daboll still need to show more progress for the Offense as a whole, but yesterday was the epitome of seeing a team build around the QB the right way vs. trying to get it done quickly and without the expense of good coaching and time. JMO

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Agreed, but the way Sam played yesterday makes me worried about him long term. I think the mental scarring may be too significant. They should have made Gase 1 and done. Winning 6 of their last 8 last year in the long run might not have helped.

To both comments, these narratives were on display prior to them being Drafted. 

*Darnold is the most Pro ready

*Allen has great upside

Both are correct and were then. What these assessments have actually translated to is that we’ve now seen the best Darnold is ever going to be and must be surrounded by great talent to truly succeed. Allen STILL hasn’t crested and his team continues to add better pieces. 

I disagree with a poster upstream who stated Josh would be a mess were he selected by the Jets. Josh Allen’s belief in his abilities and desire to win would be evident if he were a Jet. He doesn’t take losing well at all, regardless of his coaches or surrounding team.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1