Last one on the Jets game. Gang Green envious and praising Allen

Chandler#81

5 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

I was waiting for a thread/posts there from a particular egotistical poster about how the Jets would have won if Bell didn't get injured, just like how Mosley and mono were his excuses last year.

Just give ol’ SAR I time and he’ll pop in there with some “the Jets ACTUALLY won” nonsense. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

I've been spending probably a bit too much time on Jetnation Forums today, drinking in the deliciousness of their misery.

Two actual thread titles from today were "We need a QB" and "Gase is a ######ed Neanderthal".

I mean...it was a good Sunday.

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Logic said:

I've been spending probably a bit too much time on Jetnation Forums today, drinking in the deliciousness of their misery.

Two actual thread titles from today were "We need a QB" and "Gase is a ######ed Neanderthal".

I mean...it was a good Sunday.

If you ever feel bad about yourself, just head over to Jetnation. It’ll make you feel a heck of a lot better about yourself.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

Best comment so far and I am only 1 page into this is this one.......

I’ve gotten bashed by many people for saying Allen is better but he just flat-out is.

It’s really hard to defend a QB with Allen’s type of skills.

Its not just the running, it’s his escapability. He can make blitzers miss with ease and it’s infuriating.

Then he can throw a ball on a rope to the sideline, AFTER the receiver made his cut. You shouldn’t be able to do that. That’s supposed to be a recipe for being intercepted. But his arm is so damn strong he can do it.

Yeah, the fumbles suck, but the pro’s outweigh the cons. I’d trade Darnold for Allen any day of the week ... though Buffalo’s GM would probably laugh at the offer.

Sam is just so damn “average” at everything. He has no one legit dominant skill. Boring as all get out. Like white rice.

Bottom line???  Bills have a BETTER QB than most posters here know........

• Like (+1) 16
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Jets actually have some rational fans. Good insights from an opponent’s perspective. Personally I liked Darnolds game today given his complete lack of protection, drops & lack of talent. Do the Jets have a TE or explosive WR? Outside of the Edmunds missed tackle on the screen no Jet showed game changing play making ability. Darnold has zero weapons. 

• Like (+1) 5

1 hour ago, Dr.Sack said:

Jets actually have some rational fans. Good insights from an opponent’s perspective. Personally I liked Darnolds game today given his complete lack of protection, drops & lack of talent. Do the Jets have a TE or explosive WR? Outside of the Edmunds missed tackle on the screen no Jet showed game changing play making ability. Darnold has zero weapons. 

Yikes,...I thought Darnold's game was horrid.  He was missing people all day long.  While he doesn't have great receivers, he also showed less promise today than Allen did in his rookie year when he was throwing to Zay Jones, Deonte Thompson, Andre Holmes and Charles Clay 

Edited by cage

I've said this multiple times on here that Gase was not only going to waste the years of Darnold while he was coach, but possibly even ruin him as a QB in general. I know he's not elite or anything, but look at Tannehill after he escaped Adam Gase. Pretty much everyone thought he was gonna be a backup at best for the rest of his career. He goes to Tennessee and earns himself a nice contract after having a career season. Yes he has some great talent around him, but his demeanor and play on the field was night/day in relation to Miami/Tennessee. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Kwai San said:

Sam is just so damn “average” at everything. He has no one legit dominant skill. Boring as all get out. Like white rice.

Sam is not so damn "average" at everything - he is even better than Josh at one thing - Active quality QBs he is close friends with.  Sam is friend of Josh and Josh is a friend of Sam. 

10 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

I Iove it, they actually have one poster hoping Covid shuts the season down he’s so disgusted with the Jets. There are some stubborn stains over there, but most realize Allen is better than Darnold...

We have some of those type here.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I am not surprised. I think through two years Darnold and Allen have been quite nip and tuck career wise. They were not yesterday.  There was a gulf. Allen had a career day, Darnold absolutely sucked.

Good players develop with good teams and good coaching.    Good players don't develop with bad teams and bad coaching.

It's as simple as that.   And there's a long list of failed Bills QBs that fit that mold as well...

• Like (+1) 6