Bills LB injuries

YoloinOhio

It's one thing to come out of a game with a few bumps and bruises, but when you're looking at several guys getting banged up in the same position group, that is a real concern. I really hope at least 1 of our starting LB's can make it back next week.  I was a little disappointed with Edmunds anyways. He missed another tackle he definitely should have made and Crowder turned it into a 69 yard TD. I just don't see how a guy with those long arms and athletic ability can miss as much as he does.

1 minute ago, GreggTX said:

It's one thing to come out of a game with a few bumps and bruises, but when you're looking at several guys getting banged up in the same position group, that is a real concern. I really hope at least 1 of our starting LB's can make it back next week.  I was a little disappointed with Edmunds anyways. He missed another tackle he definitely should have made and Crowder turned it into a 69 yard TD. I just don't see how a guy with those long arms and athletic ability can miss as much as he does.

one missed tackle in the first game where they are actually tackling.

Kid is a freakin stud.

And he will be playing sunday. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JackKemp said:

Do we have a MLB? Seems most of the time we had just two LBs on the field.

Thank You.

it's 4-3 MLB traditionalists that have a hard time realizing that Edmunds is in the perfect position for how they (our defensive coaches) like to play defense in their (most downs) 4-2-5/5-2-4 scheme.

Linebackers always need to be good tacklers, etc. of course but the most important trait they require in their LB's in this defense is range , intellect and coverage ability.  Just watch how we play defense. A quick look at the 1st couple drives of yesterday's game will show you that either of  Edmunds and Milano can be found 15-20 yards down field gluing to a man or defending a zone. They know its a passing league first and foremost. The run fits are certainly still important and Edmunds still over-runs plays at times but he's solid enough vs. the run and INSANELY AMAZING in man and zone pass coverage and coordinating the defense that it works very well for the Bills.

• Like (+1) 3

20 hours ago, loyal2dagame said:

I love Milano as a player and wanted him resigned this off season, but these injuries are making him expendable. The Bills shouldn't pay a guy that can't stay on the field.

What is the perception that Milano is Mr Injury Prone?

He missed 1 game last season and was probably diminished in effectiveness for 2 more (but played).  He played 100% of the defensive snaps except in the game where he was injured (74% in that)

He missed 3 games in 2018 when he broke his leg - stuff happens!  He played >70% of offensive snaps in 4 games and >90% (usually >95%) in 9 games

He missed 0 games in 2017

What is there in that injury history that makes him "expendable"?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

What is the perception that Milano is Mr Injury Prone?

He missed 1 game last season and was probably diminished in effectiveness for 2 more (but played).  He played 100% of the defensive snaps except in the game where he was injured (74% in that)

He missed 3 games in 2018 when he broke his leg - stuff happens!  He played >70% of offensive snaps in 4 games and >90% (usually >95%) in 9 games

He missed 0 games in 2017

What is there in that injury history that makes him "expendable"?

2017 is the outlier as he only started 5 games and played just 41% of all defensive snaps that year.

His role is too important to this defense to not have him available. He missed time in 18 (broken leg) and 19 (hamstring). Now this injury.  Like i said,  i like the guy,  but if he misses significant time,  the Bills defense shows it's cracks. 

58 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

At least Miami’s offense isnt the Ravens - we can afford to sit both LB’s next week id think. 

Disagree.

Did you watch Fitzpatrick's first matchup against the Bills in Orchard Park last year?

If not, a reminder: We almost lost. Their offense pretty much had their way with our defense for more than half the game.

4 minutes ago, loyal2dagame said:

2017 is the outlier as he only started 5 games and played just 41% of all defensive snaps that year.

His role is too important to this defense to not have him available. He missed time in 18 (broken leg) and 19 (hamstring). Now this injury.  Like i said,  i like the guy,  but if he misses significant time,  the Bills defense shows it's cracks. 

Let me rephrase my question.  Milano has missed 4 games in his 3 years in the league: 3 with a broken leg, 1 with a hamstring injury.  Whether or not he started, he played in all 16 games as a rookie.

What is there in missing 4 games (3 with a broken leg) in 3 years that make a guy "expendable" due to unacceptably frequent injuries?

6 minutes ago, loyal2dagame said:

He missed time in 18 (broken leg) and 19 (hamstring). Now this injury.  

He missed one game in 2019 (week 7 against Miami).   He probably could have played, but they didn't need him.   

"He was able to log limited practices all week, but Buffalo has decided to err on the side of caution this week."

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2019/10/20/20923332/buffalo-bills-week-7-inactives-taron-johnson-tyler-kroft-john-brown-robert-foster-devin-singletary

52 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Is it strange that we don't have follow-up on this yet?

This may be my least favorite aspect of McDermott as a HC. He always claims to not know anything about his teams injuries and ‘will have to wait until our medical staff evaluates him’. If this is the case, how come Rex started EVERY One of his pressers with injury updates??😡

2 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

This may be my least favorite aspect of McDermott as a HC. He always claims to not know anything about his teams injuries and ‘will have to wait until our medical staff evaluates him’. If this is the case, how come Rex started EVERY One of his pressers with injury updates??😡

It's just coach-speak for "I'm not giving Miami any information right now."

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Why give the rest of the league anymore info than they need? If the guy can practice we don't have to list him on the injury report at all. 

8 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

What would Belichik do....:doh:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1