last first round pick to get 2nd contract?

2 hours ago, Bronxbomber21 said:

This thread is depressing 😔

when the words Dareus and McKelvin are brought up, I get depressed.  Might as well bring up every other tool we drafted in the last two decades prior to McBeane.  Maybe, Mike Williams, Spiller, and on and on.  To mother poster, Stevie was a 7th round pick.

another, not mother.  Hate autocorrect.

42 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

when the words Dareus and McKelvin are brought up, I get depressed.  Might as well bring up every other tool we drafted in the last two decades prior to McBeane.  Maybe, Mike Williams, Spiller, and on and on.  

Reading Wood's name didn't make me so elated either, considering that we gave up Jason Peters for him. 

That said, it occurs to me that there will soon be a generation of fans that will know little of our blunders. They will have heard about the 4 superbowls, but not understand just how inept this team leadership was for just so long.

They might hear of the trade that cost us Mahomes if he keep on winning, but hopefully, they will never experience the endless misery and idiocy that we were subjected to. 

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Reading Wood's name didn't make me so elated either, considering that we gave up Jason Peters for him. 

That said, it occurs to me that there will soon be a generation of fans that will know little of our blunders. They will have heard about the 4 superbowls, but not understand just how inept this team leadership was for just so long.

They might hear of the trade that cost us Mahomes if he keep on winning, but hopefully, they will never experience the endless misery and idiocy that we were subjected to. 

Bill, you must be elated over Tre’s extension, because for the next 5-6 years the team won’t likely need to use a 1st round pick on a CB!