Bills release DiMarco, injury settlement

PromoTheRobot

1 hour ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

It was just funny because it was the same press conference in which he talked about being fair to the media and shooting straight, yet he pretty much lied about DiMarco. Let's call it heavy deceit.

I am not going to make that assumption at all.  

DiMarco was on his last year with the Bills - maybe the Bills staff deemed the injury potentially career ending and DiMarco wants another shot to play hence an injury settlement.

Maybe DiMarco agrees it is career ending and did not want to spend extra time rehabbing with Covid and would prefer to head off home and they came to an agreement.

Until we see the end result- does DiMarco sign and play this year - we as fans have no way of knowing exactly why this was done.  There are many factors and “heavy deceit” is not the first thing I think of.

The Bills have done a great job of working with the players for what is best for them - even if it costs them a bit more.  I right now would think this was a mutual decision that helps DiMarco in some way - whether it prolongs his career or allows him more time at home with his family.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Rocky Landing said:

Well, if you can think of it, it probably exists. And, here it is: The Patrick DiMarco Highlight Reel! Unfortunately, the only highlight in a Bills uniform is his catch-and-run from Allen in '18.

Good times! Or, rather, good time!

I don't want to disparage an ex-Bill but...  the funny thing about this highlight reel is that there are no real highlights.  He never does anything that any other NFL fullback couldn't do.  He looks slow and unagile even in his best moments.  I get his locker room leadership contribution but we won't miss him on the field of play.  

48 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I had actually wondered if DiMarco might have been the player meant when Beane said something to the effect that "you can be a friend and go out to dinner with the coaches, but that won't matter if you don't play well"

Could be, but McD has been picking up the check for DiMarco for a few years now, inexplicably...

• Haha (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Could be, but McD has been picking up the check for DiMarco for a few years now, inexplicably...

Actually, McD found DiMarco's stash of nudes, and torched the whole pile 🔥🔥🔥 , then proceeded to give him the axe... McD is ruthless, gents... ruthless... Never steal that man's nudes!

• Haha (+1) 1

Who’s going to fill the role of offensive player who has no business being on the field this season ? I joke, I’m a McDermott fan, but it seems a trademark of his tenure has been over utilizing one useless player on offense each season.  Guys like Tolbert, Benjamin, Peterman, and Gore fit the bill. 

• Like (+1) 1