Bills release DiMarco, injury settlement

PromoTheRobot

Maybe he was a great leader in the locker room but I really didn’t see him offer much on the field.  Even on Special Teams he didn’t seem to standout - including the time he failed to recognize NE’s punt block formation which led to a TD.

It was fun watching him try to run a dee route in the playoffs 

2 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

Didn't he start the carnage in what was the infamous Nate Peterman interception party.

I’m confused why he was ever utilized in the passing game. I can’t say I followed DiMarco’s career prior to Buffalo, but was he supposed to have good hands or something ? I just didn’t see it. I completely understand using a guy like DiMarco in power run formations, but he seemed to be used in situations that required athleticism he didn’t have. 

4 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

That was a great night. I remember it well.

This is actually really surprising, or at least on the merits of McDermott's comments. He made it sound like a bad injury that may be career-threatening. The truth is the Bills didn't want DiMarco. That's what an injury settlement means every single time.

Was a nice night. I was in St. John and some tiki spot had the game on a projector w lots of jets fans .👌

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ROCBillsBeliever said:

Actually, McD found DiMarco's stash of nudes, and torched the whole pile 🔥🔥🔥, then proceeded to give him the axe... McD is ruthless, gents... ruthless... Never steal that man's nudes!

He didn't get all of them...:bag::wub:

Edited by Sherlock Holmes
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

That was a great night. I remember it well.

This is actually really surprising, or at least on the merits of McDermott's comments. He made it sound like a bad injury that may be career-threatening. The truth is the Bills didn't want DiMarco. That's what an injury settlement means every single time.

I could be mistaken, but I was told that injury settlements are sometimes sought by the player.

Let's say the team has a player on season-ending IR, but the player thinks he can come back and play so as to establish himself on a team vs. fighting for a roster spot next Spring.  He asks for an injury settlement, gets it, does the rehab, and markets himself to another team when the injury-bug bites mid-season.  Other things being equal, the team may have wanted to keep him around, but not enough to keep an unhappy camper.

Other reason, perhaps the player is near the end of his career.  They take their injury settlement, go home and rehab locally with their family vs. staying in the facility to rehab, and at the end of the season they retire.

• Like (+1) 1

Thank you. Now I dont have to get in the debates with people when I am frustrated about our FB getting way too many snaps. The common "You just dont understand his role", "I think the coaches know more than you", "He is important in this offense" blah blah.

Edited by ngbills

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Obviously McD doesn't value his leadership that much--or "locker room leaders".  So...inexplicable.

Maybe he got the message that paying millions to old white scrubs to "lead" a locker room of mostly young black players was not a great look anymore...

17 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Obviously McD doesn't value his leadership that much--or "locker room leaders".  So...inexplicable.

Maybe he got the message that paying millions to old white scrubs to "lead" a locker room of mostly young black players was not a great look anymore...

LOL!  How do you figure McD doesn't value "locker room leaders?"  As for DiMarco, most likely he asked for his release, thinking he could play again this season.

As for the last sentence, that's silly even for you.  Did the young black players complain about DiMarco?  Do tell.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Doc said:

LOL!  How do you figure McD doesn't value "locker room leaders?"  As for DiMarco, most likely he asked for his release, thinking he could play again this season.

As for the last sentence, that's silly even for you.  Did the young black players complain about DiMarco?  Do tell.

They wouldn’t complain.  What do they care?  

Dimatco going to some other teams locker room/IR list?