Will the Bills consider a 16 man Practice Squad???

LB48

6 hours ago, LB48 said:

The new NFL Rules regarding Practice Squads allows up to 16 in number. Six members of the practice squad can have unlimited NFL experience.

I think 16 is a clumsy number for any team.  

How to you think the Bills will handle the Practice Squad?

What? 

I don’t expect the Bills to use 16 PS spots - I expect they will keep Wade on his designation and keep 17 PS players.

If the league has any issues and adds more spots the Bills will fill those also.

They will have some Vets and some young players and they will figure it out.

I really do not see how anyone would think different - it makes no sense for a team not to have a full compliment.  I also expect Beane will bring in guys weekly and will routinely adjust 3-4 of these guys depending upon injuries and gameplans - just like the last 2 seasons as he looks for those diamonds for next year.

7 hours ago, LB48 said:

The new NFL Rules regarding Practice Squads allows up to 16 in number. Six members of the practice squad can have unlimited NFL experience.

Actually, the Bills will have a 17 man squad - add in Christian Wade. Why would they not use the full allotment of spaces?

7 hours ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

I get what you are saying.  That's a lot of guys not good enuf to make the roster hanging around.  Adding the practice squad to the 53 man active roster gives you almost 70 players.  Its like a college program almost.  Lot more commotion getting everything organized.  This could have been the year to restart my career and put the 95 Jersey back on.  LOL

95 is going on the wall in 2021.....sorry it won't be you Brice ;)

I am sure the Bills will find plenty of talent to fill out the 16 man PS.

Beane must be loving this :)

My bold prediction is that Lorenzo Alexander is added to the PS by the end of September. No pressure but have him ready if needed. More leadership in the building. He wants to play this year and will get his chance at some point. He will be fresh and a nice shot in the arm at the right time

9 hours ago, LB48 said:

That's about another 1/3 of the 53 man starters practicing.  I think it interferes with game plans and routine practices.    

It is not 1/3 as the normal is 10 players.  Struggling to see any reason to do this that makes sense.  If a GM did this they would not be a GM long by volunteering a disadvantage.

Key thing is being on PS gives you health benefits which may be hard for some to buy if they do not have employment.

i worked with a former Jets 3rd stringer/PS player at previous job.  He mentioned this was important to him while he went to grad school.

Rules have changed on how much teams can play PS players.  They used to be able to pay them whatever they wanted as long as it was included in cap.

4 hours ago, Cotton Fitzsimmons said:

What’s good, gents? What’s good?

The important question here is... if the Bills make it to the Super Bowl, can Wade be activated?

Cotton, one of the facts of that international clause is if he is deemed to that PS spot, vs. a regular PS spot, he cannot be activated for any reason all season long.  So if you want him activated, he has to take one of the 16 slots, not the international man of mystery one.  I didn’t know either until Sal said it yesterday on the radio.

13 hours ago, LB48 said:

Why the hell would you NOT want all 16,especially with all the other teams taking advantage of the rule? This is another usless post

12 hours ago, LB48 said:

That's about another 1/3 of the 53 man starters practicing.  I think it interferes with game plans and routine practices.    

No,it doesn't, the coaching staff will manage 

15 hours ago, LB48 said:

What are you even talking about?

You don't think the coaches, who are used to having 90 men in camps and preseason, can handle a few extra players?

Coaches want as many bodies as they can get.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MJS said:

What are you even talking about?

You don't think the coaches, who are used to having 90 men in camps and preseason, can handle a few extra players?

Coaches want as many bodies as they can get.

First of all - it costs $ in salary, meals and equipment.  Each member gets $8,400 per week!   Most of the 16 aren't worth the expense.

• Haha (+1) 1