PPP Under Fire

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Oh, there are threads to learn things in this sub-forum. Lots of document drops, declassifications, etc that can be read and learned from.  You do not have to be one side or the other to read court documents, declassified documents, text messages, etc. It is always better to read and make your own determinations.

This is true. But what fascinates me is this "do your own research, make your own determinations" thing. That's good advice in general, but it is wholly reliant on the source material. I see people putting great faith (and that's what it is, "faith") in some extremely sketchy material. I am interested in why intelligent people would do this, more from a sociological perspective than from a political perspective. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, The Frankish Reich said:

This is true. But what fascinates me is this "do your own research, make your own determinations" thing. That's good advice in general, but it is wholly reliant on the source material. I see people putting great faith (and that's what it is, "faith") in some extremely sketchy material. I am interested in why intelligent people would do this, more from a sociological perspective than from a political perspective. 

Good post.

It's also interesting how many here ignore the source material that comes straight from the president's mouth while relying on the sketchy source material you cite.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

Good post.

It's also interesting how many here ignore the source material that comes straight from the president's mouth while relying on the sketchy source material you cite.

Thanks. I grew up in the waning days of the whole "Question Authority" bumper sticker era. And a lot of those "questioners" became seduced by conspiratorial thought, mostly tending toward leftist ideas. The interesting thing now is that I see that the political spectrum is no longer linear. The conspiratorialists on the far left (think Glenn Greenwald) are merging into the conspiratorialists on the far right (QAnon types). It's more of a closed loop. Why is this happening? Political scientists, sociologists, etc. have plenty of explanations, but all I know is that this is a new thing in my adult lifetime.

• Like (+1) 1

Is this an example of crusading?

5 minutes ago, Nanker said:

Liberal echo chamber!
At least try to change your own climate. 

8 minutes ago, Nanker said:

Liberal echo chamber!

10 minutes ago, Nanker said:

This isn’t a Liberal echo chamber!

15 minutes ago, Nanker said:

Liar sighting in this Liberal echo chamber!

16 minutes ago, Nanker said:

Liberal echo chamber!

17 minutes ago, Nanker said:

Liberal echo chamber!

17 minutes ago, Nanker said:

Liberal echo chamber!

18 minutes ago, Nanker said:

Liar is still lying in this Liberal echo chamber!

19 minutes ago, Nanker said:

Liberal echo chamber!

19 minutes ago, Nanker said:

Liberal echo chamber!

20 minutes ago, Nanker said:

Liberal echo chamber!

1 minute ago, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

Thanks - I thought Rule #2 would be very helpful in that situation. I can put together another example of this with @DFT as well if you are interested.

That would be outstanding.  This whole Rule #2 thing is just outstanding.  Makes things so much better around here.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Wacka said:

You forget rule #1-Don't be an a-hole.

I’d ask you to support your contention with respect to Rule #1 with Rule #2 evidence.  But I’ll save you the trouble.  Your contention that Rule #1 requires one to not “be an a-hole” is a hoax.  The Rule #2 evidence with respect to that point is here:

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, DFT said:

“Go Bills - this board has lost it's luster. 

I'll be back when Biden wins. Until then, sayonara all.”

-  WHO

Is this crusading? Rule #2 examples have been provided. 

19 hours ago, DFT said:

Hoax!!!

also,

“Go Bills - this board has lost it's luster. 

I'll be back when Biden wins. Until then, sayonara all.”

-  milli vanilli

23 hours ago, DFT said:

I'll be back when Biden wins. Until then, sayonara all.”

- Joe Biden’s Neurologist

On 9/9/2020 at 10:54 AM, DFT said:

Still projecting; still contributing to self-described alt-right forum.

also

I'll be back when Biden wins. Until then, sayonara all.”

-  Jussie Smollett 

On 9/9/2020 at 10:51 AM, DFT said:

Projects his blunder on his audience; uses the “Pelosi” method.

also,

- Brian Williams

On 9/9/2020 at 10:45 AM, DFT said:

Condemns self-described alt-right forums;  Considers alt-right topics interesting.

also,

-  Bill “Bubba” Clinton

On 9/9/2020 at 10:42 AM, DFT said:

Quotes the proposed rules; lies; doesn’t follow them; trolls those that do

also

-  Lance Armstrong 

On 9/9/2020 at 9:04 AM, DFT said:

- John Brennan

On 9/8/2020 at 3:06 PM, DFT said:

I'll be back when Biden wins. Until then, sayonara all.”

- Make Honestly Great Again

On 9/8/2020 at 2:59 PM, DFT said:

- Mostly truthful fibber

On 9/8/2020 at 2:30 PM, DFT said:

- code of lies

On 9/8/2020 at 2:26 PM, DFT said:

“I'll be back when Biden wins. Until then, sayonara all.“

- Liar

Edited by wAcKy ZeBrA
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, GG said:

This strategy worked in the past because there wasn't a contingent whose sole intent was to take this sub-forum down.

Imagine being so politically unhinged that your daily plan is to flood an obscure political message board tied to a perennially bad football team with mindless thread after mindless thread in hopes of making the message board go away.

That's a special level of unhinged I don't recall seeing here in a long time.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Declassifications, court documents, reading text messages (sent long ago), reading email (sent long ago)... I am not certain how those sources are "sketchy" is they say what they say.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Imagine being so politically unhinged that your daily plan is to flood an obscure political message board tied to a perennially bad football team an up and coming football team with mindless thread after mindless thread in hopes of making the message board go away.

FIFY

1 minute ago, IDBillzFan said:

Imagine being so politically unhinged that your daily plan is to flood an obscure political message board tied to a perennially bad football team with mindless thread after mindless thread in hopes of making the message board go away.

That's a microcosm of leftist tactics on a national or even global level.  Sow chaos and division to disrupt order and reclaim a grasp on power.  It's as if Pelosi, Schiff and Nadler have discovered this place. 

2 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

That's a microcosm of leftist tactics on a national or even global level.  Sow chaos and division to disrupt order and reclaim a grasp on power.  It's as if Pelosi, Schiff and Nadler have discovered this place. 

The Democrats have discovered this place!  The effort expended by the leftists far exceeds what you would get alleviating boredom.

Just now, keepthefaith said:

It's interesting to me, really. I mean, yeah, it makes the board ugly for a while, but what's really funny is that they've got to be ones who don't get to sit at the adult tables.

You have leftists out there beating up old people. Burning down businesses. Blocking major highways. Killing police.

And we get the guy who is trying to take down an obscure  message board. 

Quite the anarchist, he is! :lol:

• Haha (+1) 4

3 hours ago, GG said:

This strategy worked in the past because there wasn't a contingent whose sole intent was to take this sub-forum down.

And that contingent would stop if all of us would simply stop responding to them. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

It's interesting to me, really. I mean, yeah, it makes the board ugly for a while, but what's really funny is that they've got to be ones who don't get to sit at the adult tables.

You have leftists out there beating up old people. Burning down businesses. Blocking major highways. Killing police.

The lefty in the street is limited in his objectives compared to the lefty sitting at a computer station.  

2 minutes ago, meazza said:

And that contingent would stop if all of us would simply stop responding to them. 

Very doubtful.  Never under estimate the will power of a person or a group with an agenda.  Getting to be every few days a couple new lefty accounts appear.  I see the same conservatives without new additions for quite a while now.  Both groups have allies appear from TSW or OTW from time to time.  They pop in then disappear for a while.

2 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

The lefty in the street is limited in his objectives compared to the lefty sitting at a computer station.  

What do we want?

Obscure political forums on an NFL football message board hosted by a fan who uses his own money shut down!

When do we want it?

Whenever the mods get to it! 

Funniest stuff I've seen in a while.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

So, Kemp continues to deny denigrating Wacka for taking care of his elderly mother with dementia. Well, I looked for his original post and couldn't find it. Looks like it was deleted. Too bad for Kemp I previously quoted it. Here is the complete original copy of his post:

On 8/22/2020 at 8:14 AM, Kemp said:

You have shown your intent to change meanings. We both know what I wrote, yet you're afraid to post it. I wonder why?

If you want to accuse me of something I didn't do and then demand actions on my part, good luck with that.

We both know what I wrote. You're just being an ass at this point.

On 8/14/2020 at 4:06 AM, Kemp said:

You're arguing for a youth movement and backing Trump. Sound logic.

I had no idea you were a primary caregiver. That's almost as good as being a psychiatrist or a short-order cook.

These were your responses to Doc and Wacka. I have not altered anything and they are verbatim. Now tell me how I'm the one misrepresenting your post? Not only are you a sleazeball but you're in over your head here. Don't you ever have shame for your sick but weak mind? 

•  

Edited by 3rdnlng
  • Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

I wish leftists were as cool as you make it seem. The ones I know just post pictures of their new sourdough recipes.

22 minutes ago, meazza said:

It really is this easy.

If you don’t have the self control to scroll past their crap and not respond, use the ignore function.  It can’t be more simple.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, GG said:

100%

1 hour ago, The Frankish Reich said:

If people are putting faith in "sketchy sources" then they're discerning wrong. It's a perishable skill, it must not only be learned but maintained. 

Allow me a counter. I'm interested in why otherwise intelligent people keep going back to the NYT, CNN, MSNBC, ABC, NBC, CBS, AP, USA Today and all the other legacy media sources who have proven beyond any doubt over the past two decades that they are liars who exist not to "report news" or "truth", but to propagandize and push distortions. See: WMD in Iraq, see the 2016 election, see Trump/Mueller, see Covid... 

If you can answer that one, then you'll be a step closer to figuring out what's really happening. 

39 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Declassifications, court documents, reading text messages (sent long ago), reading email (sent long ago)... I am not certain how those sources are "sketchy" is they say what they say.

:beer: 

• Like (+1) 7

37 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

So, Kemp continues to deny denigrating Wacka for taking care of his elderly mother with dementia. Well, I looked for his original post and couldn't find it. Looks like it was deleted. Too bad for Kemp I previously quoted it. Here is the complete original copy of his post:

On 8/22/2020 at 8:14 AM, Kemp said:

You have shown your intent to change meanings. We both know what I wrote, yet you're afraid to post it. I wonder why?

If you want to accuse me of something I didn't do and then demand actions on my part, good luck with that.

We both know what I wrote. You're just being an ass at this point.

I had no idea you were a primary caregiver. That's almost as good as being a psychiatrist or a short-order cook.

These were your responses to Doc and Wacka. I have not altered anything and they are verbatim. Now tell me how I'm the one misrepresenting your post? Not only are you a sleazeball but you're in over your head here. Don't you ever have shame for your sick but weak mind? 

•  

As YOU already stated, my original post was deleted, and now you claim you have put my entire original post here, when you clearly have not.

Your links don't go to where you say they go.

Anyway, what you or any other Trump supporter thinks of me couldn't mean less to me.

I understand what makes you tick because you support scum. Only scum supports scum.

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Joe Miner said:

It really is this easy.

If you don’t have the self control to scroll past their crap and not respond, use the ignore function.  It can’t be more simple.

Exactly.  Some threads are 100% ignored users in my case.

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, keepthefaith said:

Rule #2, please. 

2 hours ago, Kemp said:

As YOU already stated, my original post was deleted, and now you claim you have put my entire original post here, when you clearly have not.

Your links don't go to where you say they go.

Anyway, what you or any other Trump supporter thinks of me couldn't mean less to me.

I understand what makes you tick because you support scum. Only scum supports scum.

Wrong, it's right here:

On 8/14/2020 at 1:06 AM, Kemp said:

image.thumb.png.6f0c83557dad8f67b11dbe4f801b3129.png

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

FREE THE PEOPLE!