Jags cut Fournette; clears waivers (update - signing with Tampa)

YoloinOhio

12 minutes ago, Rico said:

Looks like Fournette has 3 fumbles in the NFL. Could be that Singletary’s fumbling issues are more of a problem than it appears.

I think this is it. They're sending a message to Singletary not to take his job for granted if he keeps failing to take care of the ball. 

5 minutes ago, Bronxbomber21 said:

If they were interested they would've put in a waiver claim 

Nobody wants the 4.5m that comes with a waiver claim.

Now everyone can work on their own deal if they want him and he gets to choose his spot..

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

If you don't at least research the former 4th overall pick, you are not doing your job

Agreed.  And you basically can just run him into the ground.  I loved Moss in college but he has to prove it and DS will be best if they are smart about his touches.  

that said, how good is LF?  I never was a huge fan because he got a ton of Carries in college and seems like a rb from a different era.  But definitely still worth checking in on. 

4 minutes ago, MJS said:

That would be a strange signing.

Just curious why you say that? I won’t say it’s a big need but this are the type of moves you make when you have really high hopes.  

1 minute ago, BullBuchanan said:

That doesn't make any sense. No one put in a claim.

Exactly, and that to me is quite shocking.  Think about it, no one claimed him for a 1 year 4 Million contract.

So what team is going to give him a 4 year contract right now?  If they do it will be for far less than he thinks he's worth.

He will probably be forced to do a 1 year cheap/incentive laden contract.  If that happens why not the Bills?

You can always let him sign with another team next year and get a comp pick.

It's a BB/NE kind of move.

• Like (+1) 1

He’s a beast. We should be calling about him.  He’s better than Motor imo.  1 year deal with covid a concern.  Makes sense to me.  I’d keep all 3 backs.

That’s being said, I doubt he would sign here due to sharing carries with 2 other good backs 

12 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Just curious why you say that? I won’t say it’s a big need but this are the type of moves you make when you have really high hopes.  

I like Singletary and Moss a lot and don't think we need another running back.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Patriots and Bills 'called on'?!  With flowers and a box of chocolates?!  What the hell is this, 'Gone With the Wind'?

Frankly, Ridgeway, I don’t give a dam, and you should be kissed by someone who knows how.  That’s all I have from the Wind movie.  Painful 3 hours.  My mom made me see that movie once, once!  (Johnny Dangerously). 

• Haha (+1) 3