Prayers up for Fitzy

YoloinOhio

21 minutes ago, Nanker said:

Sorry to hear this. Having a beloved parent passing away is very sad. RIP and best wishes to Fitz and his family. 

So true. I lost my mom 12 years ago and my dad just this past November. Dad is the reason I became a Bills fan from the time I was old enough to remember watching football.

Thoughts and prayers to Fitz and his family during this extremely difficult time.

• Like (+1) 5

49 minutes ago, CowgirlsFan said:

Miami Dolphins HC Brian Flores in a press conference today announced Ryan Fitzpatricks mother has passed away. Lets all keep Fitzpatrick in our thoughts as he goes through one of the toughest parts of anyones life. Fitzpatrick will of course be leaving the team to be with family. His time-table to return is questionable. #GoWithTheFlo

Best wishes to the Fitz family.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I LOVE him as a person (as much as I can know him as a fan) - just seems like such a great guy. I definitely bag on him as a player, all in good fun of course. 

Yeah, he’s a legit good guy. I don’t know anyone who’s ever said an unkind word about him. One of the greatest compliments I heard came from Jordan Palmer who said Fitz was so hard to compete against for the job in Cincy because he was such a good guy. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Augie said:

My wife likes to correct me when I say “I have to take my mom groceries”, or “I have to take my mom to the doctor today.” She says “NO, you GET TO take your mom to the doctor today.” There’s a big difference there. Her mom passed a couple years ago, and she is acutely aware of the distinction.

Prayers to Fitz during this terribly difficult time.  

Augie, you’re wife is right, and Im sure knowing you As I do, you take it in stride.  My mom passed on my 40th Birthday.  I couldn’t celebrate my birthday for a few years, and would always break up around Christmas in church when they would play her favorite songs.  Sounds like you’re married to a smart woman.

Im so sorry for Fitz, his wife and kids As it’s not easy to move past.  Thanks for those that shared as I heard on NFLR an hour ago.  Very kind words from Vic as he does the Saturday show.

• Like (+1) 4

Very sorry to hear this—the ties that bind us all are stronger than the colors of our fav football team unis, and the uplifting thoughts from you all upthread for a competitor’s starting QB are Exhibit A for that. God bless you Fitzy and your family as you try to find peace over the loss of a loved one. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

No headlines yet, and nothing at the official Dolphins website, but I found this blurb at NFL.com:

• Miami Dolphins quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick left practice early after learning that his mother passed away, according to head coach Brian Flores. There is no time frame for his return to the team, Flores said. Fitzpatrick had recently left camp to spend some final moments with her, according to NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport.
  • https://www.nfl.com/news/saturday-s-nfl-training-camp-injury-and-roster-news-x7723

6 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

That’s gotta be amongst the toughest of days for anyone.  Thoughts and prayers to Fitz and his family.  Probably a good reminder for those of us whose mom’s are still around to give them a call. 

We picked my mom up today and took her to lunch. Her retirement home still largely in lockdown, but we broke her out for an outdoor lunch at a place nearby. Lockdown can make you crazy before too long, and we try to guard against that while also maintaining safe behavior. A tricky balancing act. 

Most dads are good. Moms are special. My heart goes out to @Steptide as I know it has to be a rough time. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1