Domestic terrorist attack in Wisconsin

17 minutes ago, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

Opinion

There are linked facts throughout the USA Today article that prove the title.

If you had read the article, you would know that.

and you wouldn't look so foolish.

Wisconsin Governor, Kenosha Mayor To Trump: Don’t Come To Kenosha

His trip would hurt the "healing process"

https://hotair.com/archives/karen-townsend/2020/08/31/wisconsin-governor-kenosha-mayor-trump-dont-come-kenosha/

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, B-Man said:

There are linked facts throughout the USA Today article that prove the title.

If you had read the article, you would know that.

and you wouldn't look so foolish.

Wisconsin Governor, Kenosha Mayor To Trump: Don’t Come To Kenosha

His trip would hurt the "healing process"

https://hotair.com/archives/karen-townsend/2020/08/31/wisconsin-governor-kenosha-mayor-trump-dont-come-kenosha/

What healing process???

https://www.bullshido.net/anatomy-of-a-catastrophe/?fbclid=IwAR2eQx8FF3lMjMSsee62isn0Ac-iX1cOJXURsXCuSYmRAaGIyz9F9hys2PA

pretty well thought out article on the situation.  one guy prohibited from carrying a gun fires his gun while chasing another guy prohibited from carrying a gun and sets off a terrible sequence of events.  

21 hours ago, Sig1Hunter said:

The cops saw it, and shouted for him to drop it. You can hear it on the video.

5073FD6A-4EA9-47C1-BFA4-BC506F6AA9C2.jpeg

I have no idea what's in his hand, but more importantly, the justification given by police as to why he was shot was that he was reaching for a knife in the car. Explain this logic, please.

• Haha (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Kemp said:

I have no idea what's in his hand, but more importantly, the justification given by police as to why he was shot was that he was reaching for a knife in the car. Explain this logic, please.

So, the police were called to a domestic violence scene, where a terrified woman feared more victimization by a man she alleged to have violently assaulted here previously (in a Bidenesque attack, btw), he resists arrest, fights through being tazed 2x, rushes towards his car door and as a violent suspect, has something in his hand, and from your cushy perch in your layZboy you “have no idea what’s in his hand”....and question why people on the scene feared violence against them?  

Are you of the mind that the police should assume he was holding an ice cream cone?  Should they have let him drive off?  Not responded?  Backed away when he refused to cooperate? 

50 minutes ago, Kemp said:

I wonder if it were car keys, still never ever disobey police orders even if innocent . 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

So, the police were called to a domestic violence scene, where a terrified woman feared more victimization by a man she alleged to have violently assaulted here previously (in a Bidenesque attack, btw), he resists arrest, fights through being tazed 2x, rushes towards his car door and as a violent suspect, has something in his hand, and from your cushy perch in your layZboy you “have no idea what’s in his hand”....and question why people on the scene feared violence against them?  

Are you of the mind that the police should assume he was holding an ice cream cone?  Should they have let him drive off?  Not responded?  Backed away when he refused to cooperate? 

Of course not. The police should’ve called in the professionals at social services so they could express EXTREME empathy and talk everyone through it. ?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Kemp said:

You could have just left it at you have no idea, but that’s already obvious. Especially if i have to explain to you why cops have a right to protect themselves from someone holding/reaching for a knife. You aren’t interested in actually understanding that.

• Like (+1) 2

19 hours ago, aristocrat said:

https://www.bullshido.net/anatomy-of-a-catastrophe/?fbclid=IwAR2eQx8FF3lMjMSsee62isn0Ac-iX1cOJXURsXCuSYmRAaGIyz9F9hys2PA

pretty well thought out article on the situation.  one guy prohibited from carrying a gun fires his gun while chasing another guy prohibited from carrying a gun and sets off a terrible sequence of events.  

Half of your statement is true, the rest is BS

10 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Of course not. The police should’ve called in the professionals at social services so they could express EXTREME empathy and talk everyone through it. ?

For once, though, I appreciated the honesty of @Kemp in acknowledging what is painfully obvious...it’s impossible to know what is in the violent individual’s hand as he attempts to flee from a scene of domestic violence where police were implored to show up.  

It’s reasonable to debate what the officer’s response to a violent individual fighting through the  police response and grabbing/grasping/holding some foreign object that could be anything from a handgun to a PB&J crustable to a cell phone.  What’s not debatable is that the individuals who provided the response we all would hope to see in the event we were confronted by a violent offender had absolutely no idea what that object was, and in dealing with an unpredictable person in a highly tense situation, acted as if their lives depended on it because their lives depended on it. 

57 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Should they have fired 7 bullets into his back is the question. 

My understanding of how these situations are supposed to be handled is that you shoot to kill when there are no other options.

A couple of smacks with a baton would have ended it. Then again, he is black.

If this were the only time a situation like this had played out, I would want to know more. When it's a regular occurrence, there is something systemically wrong.

Before cellphone videos, I used to think like you. Cellphone videos have confirmed what we have been hearing from black people about employees of the government. They often lie about how these situations play out.

How many times do you have to watch a video of a black person being killed by a cop before you see there is a real issue?

31 minutes ago, Sig1Hunter said:

You could have just left it at you have no idea, but that’s already obvious. Especially if i have to explain to you why cops have a right to protect themselves from someone holding/reaching for a knife. You aren’t interested in actually understanding that.

That you believe the cop was in fear for his life when he shot someone in the BACK 7 TIMES is truly astounding.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

The cop missed a 3 foot putt. He choked.

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Kemp said:

My understanding of how these situations are supposed to be handled is that you shoot to kill when there are no other options.

If this were the only time a situation like this had played out, I would want to know more. When it's a regular occurrence, there is something systemically wrong.

Before cellphone videos, I used to think like you. Cellphone videos have confirmed what we have been hearing from black people about employees of the government. They often lie about how these situations play out.

How many times do you have to watch a video of a black person being killed by a cop before you see there is a real issue?

That you believe the cop was in fear for his life when he shot someone in the BACK 7 TIMES is truly astounding.

You truly are an idiot. In the truest sense of the word.

• Like (+1) 4

Just now, Sig1Hunter said:

I don't think they are idiots, they are intellectually dishonest.

They refuse to see the facts, jump from one argument to another and ignore anything that disrupts their narrative. And when all else fails they play the race card.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Gary M said:

They refuse to see the facts, jump from one argument to another and ignore anything that disrupts their narrative. And when all else fails they play the race card.

Says a person who supports a pathological liar 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Gary M said:

That definitely seems more accurate, and is worse than being an idiot that is just ignorant of facts, circumstances, law, and established court rulings.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

Says a person who supports a pathological liar 

I don't support you, have you seen the pee tape yet?

And Kevin Clinesmith is still on line 1 for you.

Edited by Gary M

56 minutes ago, Sig1Hunter said:

How come the police didn’t shoot that dude with the knife on Hertel Avenue over the weekend?  He was a threat.  By your logic they should have emptied the clip in him, right?

• Haha (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

How come the police didn’t shoot that dude with the knife on Hertel Avenue over the weekend?  He was a threat.  By your logic they should have emptied the clip in him, right?

Did he attack anyone either sexually or physically?  

6 minutes ago, Doc said:

Did he attack anyone either sexually or physically?  

Was a sexual assault imminent at the time Jacob Blake was shot seven times in the back? 

2 minutes ago, Wacka said:

From that photo on another thread, the woman with the bike could have been getting ready to throw it at him.

That will be for the jury to decide. And based on the totality do the video evidence, it’s going to be a tough sell. 

2 hours ago, Kemp said:

Personally, I think your argument is what I would expect to hear in a 4th grade classroom. 

Using your logic, the 15th or 20th or 300th time I saw or read about a black male suspect assaulting a white male victim,  I would be forced to assume that there is a systemic and societal epidemic of the sort you see with the police.   Yet, here I am, 58 years old, not even a cross word from a black male after all this time.  

Then again, I could make the same argument that pretty much anyone other than me is out to victimize me, at least based on your cell phone tells the story philosophy. 

As for “a couple smacks with a baton” theory, that argument is sillier than the first.  Your argument is best summarized as you magnanimously would risk the lives of each and every officer involved. 

FYI a couple smacks with a baton can be fatal. 

2 hours ago, Kemp said:

The cop missed a 3 foot putt. He choked.

You’re an odd little man.  I have no idea what this means. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1