ProFootballTalk state of the Franchise - Bills

They have them at number 9 and there was good discussion on the offense and how they should be looking to open up the offense .. and how they should protect JA from himself (i.e., not running as much .. avoid taking on LBers, etc.). Chris Simms also mentioned best case is Super Bowl, worst case Josh Allen gets hurt and just miss the playoffs.

Edited by CorkScrewHill
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, CorkScrewHill said:

They have them at number 9 and there was good discussion on the offense and how they should be looking to open up the offense .. and how they should protect JA from himself (i.e., not running as much .. avoid taking on LBers, etc.). Chris Simms also mentioned best case is Super Bowl, worst case Josh Allen gets hurt and just miss the playoffs.

In a normal season I would say the Bills were posted for 11+ wins and a playoff victory but with everything going on it might be a bit harder to be so certain.

1 minute ago, billsfan89 said:

In a normal season I would say the Bills were posted for 11+ wins and a playoff victory but with everything going on it might be a bit harder to be so certain.

Yea but it isn't like it's just the Bills every team is in same boat so it shouldn't change that at all.

I hate when they talk about injury when you can say that about every NFL team. 

Respect to my TSW com padres, but have we become such Bittermens that even a positive prognostication is reason for derision? 

When someone says your ceiling is the Super Bowl and they aren't laughing out of the side of their mouth...

Well, I am a glass half full guy.  I'll take it. 

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TBBills said:

Yea but it isn't like it's just the Bills every team is in same boat so it shouldn't change that at all.

I hate when they talk about injury when you can say that about every NFL team. 

Injury is always the great equalizer in any sports but more so in the NFL. That's why I always say that catastrophic amounts of injuries can tank any season and you have to assume best and worst case scenarios based on factoring out the catastrophic injury scenario. But this season is just going to be more volatile for every team due to Covid.  That's just reality and it tosses a lot up in the air. I get that every team is going to be dealing with it but unlike injuries Covid is contagious. Which makes a domino effect way more possible. 

I listened this morning thought they made some good points. And without wanting to make this another Matt Barkley debate..... Florio is right. We need a better backup QB. 

If Josh stays healthy the Bills are a live outsider to win the Superbowl. I don't think I have ever though that about a Bills team before. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

If Josh stays healthy the Bills are a live outsider to win the Superbowl. I don't think I have ever though that about a Bills team before. 

Well, it hasn’t been true since 1999 so...

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

I listened this morning thought they made some good points. And without wanting to make this another Matt Barkley debate..... Florio is right. We need a better backup QB. 

Agreed. It was a solid breakdown. The emphasis being on two positions of weakness, the backup QB and CB2. We really do have a good team and we didn't interchange much in the offseason for the most part. The OL is going to be intact outside of Williams starting at RT with Ford at RG. We upgraded the RB and WR positions. The DL will be just as strong as last year, if not stronger. We'll have to see who takes on that Lorax leadership role, but it sounds like Edmunds has really stepped up in that department. It all hinges on Josh. If he takes a step forward from year two to three as he did from one to two, and is consistently hitting those downfield targets, then the NFL is on notice. 

16 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

I disagree  all teams face exact same challenges , if anything I really believe that we are in better position to win especially when it comes to our division ,  

Just watched this.

We are still a team that many are sleeping on.

I know some in this board agree but nationally Josh is not well thought of. Many are certain he has no chance at progressing. Watching the “ no pad, no contact” practices , he is throwing a better long ball with air under it. We all watched every other teams QB get bailed out by their receivers last playoffs on multiple “ inaccurate “ passes. This is the year our receivers do the same. 
   Last year, Allen was clearly held back and “ took” the coaching and played safe but hesitant at times. This year, I see him throwing into tighter windows and throwing more contested balls to Diggs and Brown and Knox, with the coaches blessing. Shades of Kelly in the Cleveland game.