Melvin Ingram III trade scenarios - Bills mentioned

Alphadawg7

Didn't he report to camp?  I'm personally not trying to bring in a guy on an expiring deal - unless he reports.  And i don't personally want an extension with him either so it doesn't really make sense.

Also - don't move the swing tackle unless you're really confident in daryl williams injury recovery and ability to play tackle.

• Like (+1) 1

At first glance i thought this was Melvin Gordon again, even tho he's with Denver now, we've just seen so many of those trade rumors over the years where we're mentioned again & again with him haha.

Melvin Ingram tho, thats different & he is more enticing to me if i were the GM. I know the Chargers want Oline help, but i wonder if something else could make it work. They can take Murphy &/or some other oline depth not named Ty if that'll do it. I think Ingram would be a great signing for a year or 2 & would be all for it.

Like others have said, i'd prefer we improve the offense but when opportunity knocks, u always gotta open that door to see whats there.

25 minutes ago, dneveu said:

Also - don't move the swing tackle unless you're really confident in daryl williams injury recovery and ability to play tackle.

I have all the confidence in the world in Williams to play right tackle. I actually don't think Ty can play right tackle very well. But Ty is a considerably better left tackle. And my take on backup oline is you always start with the best guy you have to backup at LT and the best guy you have to backup at centre. Work out swings etc from there.

• Like (+1) 2

That seems wildly irresponsible to me. Don't see Beane doing that.

Especially since it's our OFFENSE that needs help, not our defense. And the weak part of our offense is the oline. It got better last year but it is still below average.

How does making the O line group weaker benefit the Bills? If anything we need more/ better O line help, not less, it’s a silly idea. 

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I have all the confidence in the world in Williams to play right tackle. I actually don't think Ty can play right tackle very well. But Ty is a considerably better left tackle. And my take on backup oline is you always start with the best guy you have to backup at LT and the best guy you have to backup at centre. Work out swings etc from there.

Thats a fair take.  Williams has more experience at RG.  Just depends whos starting where - you can't think about moving people without knowing who's even starting.

12 minutes ago, dneveu said:

Thats a fair take.  Williams has more experience at RG.  Just depends whos starting where - you can't think about moving people without knowing who's even starting.

Than RT? He doesn't. Not at the NFL level at least. He started 10 games in 2016 and all 16 games in 2017 (when he was a 2nd team all pro) at right tackle. He missed 2018 and played all over the place in 2019. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, brianthomas said:

At first glance i thought this was Melvin Gordon again, even tho he's with Denver now, we've just seen so many of those trade rumors over the years where we're mentioned again & again with him haha.

Melvin Ingram tho, thats different & he is more enticing to me if i were the GM. I know the Chargers want Oline help, but i wonder if something else could make it work. They can take Murphy &/or some other oline depth not named Ty if that'll do it. I think Ingram would be a great signing for a year or 2 & would be all for it.

Like others have said, i'd prefer we improve the offense but when opportunity knocks, u always gotta open that door to see whats there.

I think you hand the ball off to Singletary and Moss and let them pound the rock. We have two young promising backs, no need to constipate the RB room. Singletary can probably handle 250 touches or more and Moss could probably handle 300 or thereabout and they’re also a lot cheaper. Unless there is an injury or something I feel we are in a good spot at RB. I saw on NFL.com that they had Singletary as the 16th best RB in the NFL and that’s as a rook. He could easily crack the top 10 this year and Moss won’t be far behind him.

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea I think he would have to be. Like I said above they did do a good job of creating a kind of hybrid role for Zo to play linebacker while only ever moving vertically and not laterally and maybe Ingram could do that. But to me in this system Ingram is a defensive end. 

I think the point is we want fewer old d ends not more. 

And Zo didn't break the bank, he was a bargain for his age.

2 hours ago, dneveu said:

Didn't he report to camp?  I'm personally not trying to bring in a guy on an expiring deal - unless he reports.  And i don't personally want an extension with him either so it doesn't really make sense.

He reported but he's doing a hold in where he's not participating. He's there so he won't get fined

24 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

I think you hand the ball off to Singletary and Moss and let them pound the rock. We have two young promising backs, no need to constipate the RB room. Singletary can probably handle 250 touches or more and Moss could probably handle 300 or thereabout and they’re also a lot cheaper. Unless there is an injury or something I feel we are in a good spot at RB. I saw on NFL.com that they had Singletary as the 16th best RB in the NFL and that’s as a rook. He could easily crack the top 10 this year and Moss won’t be far behind him.

I think u misunderstood what i wrote lol. And yeah we're set with Singletary & Moss

The Melvin Ingram trade talk is probably over now. He signed an adjusted contract with the Chargers so he'll be staying now https://www.nfl.com/news/melvin-ingram-signed-adjusted-contract-before-returning-to-chargers-practice

Edited by brianthomas
  • Like (+1) 1

From the sounds of it, our OL is getting destroyed by our DL in practice.  We might want to keep our best swing depth tackle. Might even be our best tackle when he’s playing his best.  

it most cases I’d love to make this trade.  Not this year.  Our OL really needs to help josh make that next step.  I dunno if it’s good enough 

29 minutes ago, NewEra said:

From the sounds of it, our OL is getting destroyed by our DL in practice.  We might want to keep our best swing depth tackle. Might even be our best tackle when he’s playing his best.  

it most cases I’d love to make this trade.  Not this year.  Our OL really needs to help josh make that next step.  I dunno if it’s good enough 

Don’t fall into that trap.  There are good players and good depth on that OL.  Our DL is a friggin’ beast.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, WickedGame said:

Point of clarification: Something that appears on Bleacher Report is not called “an article.” It’s called “speculation,” or alternatively “lifelong amateur’s opinion.” Please feel free to use either of the approved labels. 

What about the OP suggested it was anything other than speculation.  Wasn't even called a rumor...just said Bills mentioned and asked people what they thought about the authors suggested trade idea.  

4 hours ago, MJS said:

That seems wildly irresponsible to me. Don't see Beane doing that.

Especially since it's our OFFENSE that needs help, not our defense. And the weak part of our offense is the oline. It got better last year but it is still below average.

Wildly irresponsible sounds wildly dramatic.

1 hour ago, eball said:

Don’t fall into that trap.  There are good players and good depth on that OL.  Our DL is a friggin’ beast.

Also 5 minutes in the d line should look better, with less coordination required