Melvin Ingram III trade scenarios - Bills mentioned

Alphadawg7

On 8/22/2020 at 11:43 PM, NewEra said:

Defensive end is out worst position??  That’s what you just said Ethan.  

I kinda actually agree with Ethan here.

And he specifically said "Edge Rusher". Which to me, draws a distinction from "DEs in general" and especially "Guys Who Set the Edge".

We dont know what we have in Epenesa. But he looks like he might be more of a Set the Edge guy.

Mario Addison had a good year last year, but he's turning 33 next week, and it's just a matter of time before he hits that wall.

Hughes, see Addison, minus all of Addison's recent sacks.

Murphy is decent, but more solid overall, than pass rusher.

We dont really have any young talent at Pass Rusher, just a lot of good general DEs. Our sack leader last year was a DT.

To you, what position is worse off than Edge Pass Rusher right now?

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I kinda actually agree with Ethan here.

And he specifically said "Edge Rusher". Which to me, draws a distinction from "DEs in general" and especially "Guys Who Set the Edge".

We dont know what we have in Epenesa. But he looks like he might be more of a Set the Edge guy.

Mario Addison had a good year last year, but he's turning 33 next week, and it's just a matter of time before he hits that wall.

Hughes, see Addison, minus all of Addison's recent sacks.

Murphy is decent, but more solid overall, than pass rusher.

We dont really have any young talent at Pass Rusher, just a lot of good general DEs. Our sack leader last year was a DT.

To you, what position is worse off than Edge Pass Rusher right now?

in our scheme, edge rusher is DE.  We don’t play 3-4.  If it’s not, than you have to include Milano, Tremaine and a few corners as edge rushers because our scheme uses everyone as an edge rusher.  

I disagree that Jerry Hughes, Addison, epenesa, Jefferson and Murphy are our worst unit.  Hughes and Addison are older but this isn’t about which unit will need to replace older player after 2020 or 21. In 2020, defensive end is not our worst unit.  

Tight end is muuuuch worse.  We have one decent TE who just so happened to drop 20% of his targets.  Or is Dawson knox, Kroft, Smith and Sweeney better than Jerry, Addison, epenesa and Jefferson? 

Our DL is better than our OL.  If we’re just talking about a position along the DL, our Edge rushers(DE’s) are better than our guards at this point.  Not really even close.  Imo.  Known and accomplished players vs 1 good guard.  If we say that our OL depth is good, to which I agree than what is having epenesa, Jefferson and Murphy as backups?  That’s GREAT depth.  But it’s our weakest unit. Please.

If we’re trying to turn this into discussion about 2 years from now when Addison and Hughes may be done, than maybe DE is our worst unit.  I’m talking about 2020.....and DE is not our worst unit.  It’s just not