Why not a new thread for each camp day?

Yolo or any of you guys who insist on there being only one training camp thread, consider the guy who gets on this site every two or three days.

Say I already read the massive thread that was started Day 1, but now it's day 4 and the original Day 1 thread is now 30 pages long.   I don't want to re-read the Day 1 stuff but in order to read Day 2,3,4 I have to scroll through all the posts to find where Day 1 left off and Day 2 started.   

This seems counter intuitive to me.   Whats wrong with a daily camp thread with the date on it so I can easily find and read the stuff I haven't read? 

Seems backward to me, but then again I thought the Sammy Watkins trade up was a good idea at the time so........

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Does your Mom still make your lunch for you and pre-cut your bologna sandwich in little triangles? 

Pick yourself up by your bootstraps son!!! Go to page 10 and follow along. Lest we have an influx of “Training Camp Day 3, 4, 5, .....” authors clamoring for the spotlight each morning. 

You can do it!!!

• Haha (+1) 2

33 minutes ago, Da webster guy said:

Yolo or any of you guys who insist on there being only one training camp thread, consider the guy who gets on this site every two or three days.

Say I already read the massive thread that was started Day 1, but now it's day 4 and the original Day 1 thread is now 30 pages long.   I don't want to re-read the Day 1 stuff but in order to read Day 2,3,4 I have to scroll through all the posts to find where Day 1 left off and Day 2 started.   

This seems counter intuitive to me.   Whats wrong with a daily camp thread with the date on it so I can easily find and read the stuff I haven't read? 

Seems backward to me, but then again I thought the Sammy Watkins trade up was a good idea at the time so........

We can have a new training camp thread every day if there's enough news to support one - or at least, have one every week

I locked the thread I locked asking for 8-18 training camp news because it didn't seem to be turning into a productive football discussion thread. 

I can read about def leppard's drummer and etc elsewhere

If you start a new thread for training camp every day and populate it with the good stuff we can go that route

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Does your Mom still make your lunch for you and pre-cut your bologna sandwich in little triangles? 

Pick yourself up by your bootstraps son!!! Go to page 10 and follow along. Lest we have an influx of “Training Camp Day 3, 4, 5, .....” authors clamoring for the spotlight each morning. 

You can do it!!!

I mean it's really not that complicated there aren't too many new pages each day we're on day three of real media coverage and it's on what page 21 hell the first 10 pages are all from before the media could cover it. Say there is at most 5 pages per day all you have to do is find a page with the corresponding date for whichever camp day you want to look at.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I’m in favor ? 

17 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I mean it's really not that complicated there aren't too many new pages each day we're on day three of real media coverage and it's on what page 21 hell the first 10 pages are all from before the media could cover it. Say there is at most 5 pages per day all you have to do is find a page with the corresponding date for whichever camp day you want to look at.

Making a new thread everyday isn’t very complicated either.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 4

37 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

We can have a new training camp thread every day if there's enough news to support one - or at least, have one every week

I locked the thread I locked asking for 8-18 training camp news because it didn't seem to be turning into a productive football discussion thread. 

If you start a new thread for training camp every day and populate it with the good stuff we can go that route

Did you know that Richard John Cyril Adam, the drummer for Deff Leppard only has one arm?

• Haha (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, BruceVilanch said:

Did you know that Richard John Cyril Adam, the drummer for Deff Leppard only has one arm?

How will I ever know if it grows back? Please keep us advised each morning with a “Regenerated Arm Watch: Day __________”  thread. 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Da webster guy said:

Reasonable request, given the attention. Yes, we’re a tad off our training camp routine this year. What isn’t? We’ve been spoiled in years past by Astro Notes and other Waller’s who trekked to St. John Fischer to provide daily insights. They then trailed off significantly after camp broke and the Bills returned to Orchard Park, as the lid was closed on the Press. This ‘year that wasn’t’ already has aspects virtually closed off to the Press and no Waller is present -w/ apologies to Warrow. So we’re winging it. 

I appreciate you volunteering to provide daily threads -and at present- I won’t stop you. But newsworthy items seem few and far between with any attention grabbing news or player/Coach videos captured in stand alone threads. 

As to you changing your once every 2 or 3 day pop ins to deliver in your voluntary premise, step up or shut up.

just a thought..?

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

What has ten legs and nine arms and sucks???

Def Leppard

?

Edited by Buffalo Boy
  • Haha (+1) 3

6 hours ago, Da webster guy said:

It was hard to tell how much info we would get or when... I edited the OP of the original TC thread this week to say that now that padded practices have started and we know now that On some days media will be allowed to report and others will be more restricted we would probably go to one thread per week. Planned to start a new one Sunday or Monday. If daily is better, that’s ok too. It truly is just an unprecedented year where unsure what we will get day to day. The media (across the league) has restricted on what they can report  And when. Basically this year they get a total of 14 padded practices over I think 3 weeks. Yesterday was just a walkthrough. So not much there. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Da webster guy said:

I agree. All don’t have all day to be on here like YOLO 

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Think weekly makes sense.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I think daily threads make the most sense and would create a lot more traffic to the boards.. Nobody wants to read through 30 pages of garbage to get their daily Bills fix.. I could see weekly threads being a comfortable medium but one training camp thread for the entirety of training camp completely constipates the board. Especially when nobody can stay on topic and you have to sift through page after page of nonsense to find maybe one nugget of information that is pertinent to the topic at hand.. I love the Bills but I don’t have the time nor interest to read through 80 pages of BS to get my Bills fix.. I’ll get my news elsewhere.

5 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

I think daily threads make the most sense and would create a lot more traffic to the boards.. Nobody wants to read through 30 pages of garbage to get their daily Bills fix.. I could see weekly threads being a comfortable medium but one training camp thread for the entirety of training camp completely constipates the board. Especially when nobody can stay on topic and you have to sift through page after page of nonsense to find maybe one nugget of information that is pertinent to the topic at hand.. I love the Bills but I don’t have the time nor interest to read through 80 pages of BS to get my Bills fix.. I’ll get my news elsewhere.

Just as an FYI that wasn’t going to be the case. There was only one thread initially because there was very little news prior to media being invited this week. I had updated that thread title and the OP and indicated that now that there was news, we would add to that thread which was only at about 10 pages and then start a new one next week. Sorry you felt it was garbage and BS (?).. no one really knew what to expect this TC. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Just as an FYI that wasn’t going to be the case. There was only one thread initially because there was very little news prior to media being invited this week. I had updated that thread title and the OP and indicated that now that there was news, we would add to that thread which was only at about 10 pages and then start a new one next week. Sorry you felt it was garbage... no one really knew what to expect this TC. 

Probably a bit of a hyperbole on my part but there is some truth said in jest. It has happened before in the past and not just with training camp threads but by merging likewise threads together when there are nuances that differentiate the two from each other. Most folks aren’t going to patiently read through 80 page threads. I think small concise threads that are short and sweet but straight to the point will lead to greater discussions on this board.. I’ve had a really hard time engaging in discussions here lately, the board just seems to be really backed up and constipated. I don’t think merging 100 threads on a 100 different topics creates organization, I think it creates disorganization and chaos. I like it when there’s 10 different hot topics I can read through on the front page instead of merging all these subjects into 1 thread where I have the darnest time discussing topics that interest me. I don’t see how that approach is more organized.. I think it’s constricting discussion..

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, BillsMafi$ said:

I agree. All don’t have all day to be on here like YOLO 

So let me get this straight - the guy doing the work (in this case Yolo) made a judgement call and y’all are beefing about that, but not actually wanting to show up regularly to start what you want and keep it on track?  You just want someone else to do it the way you think it should be done for your better entertainment?

It’s fine to want something different than what’s being done, but on a volunteer board be prepared to put some sweat into it

I think we’re done here

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

It was hard to tell how much info we would get or when... I edited the OP of the original TC thread this week to say that now that padded practices have started and we know now that On some days media will be allowed to report and others will be more restricted we would probably go to one thread per week. Planned to start a new one Sunday or Monday. If daily is better, that’s ok too. It truly is just an unprecedented year where unsure what we will get day to day. The media (across the league) has restricted on what they can report  And when. Basically this year they get a total of 14 padded practices over I think 3 weeks. Yesterday was just a walkthrough. So not much there. 

Thank you for all you contribute.  In return seems only reasonable you direct the format.  If you want something locked or pinned just SHOUT!

• Like (+1) 4

4 hours ago, Victory Formation said:

4 hours ago, Victory Formation said:

Probably a bit of a hyperbole on my part but there is some truth said in jest. It has happened before in the past and not just with training camp threads but by merging likewise threads together when there are nuances that differentiate the two from each other. Most folks aren’t going to patiently read through 80 page threads. I think small concise threads that are short and sweet but straight to the point will lead to greater discussions on this board.. I’ve had a really hard time engaging in discussions here lately, the board just seems to be really backed up and constipated. I don’t think merging 100 threads on a 100 different topics creates organization, I think it creates disorganization and chaos. I like it when there’s 10 different hot topics I can read through on the front page instead of merging all these subjects into 1 thread where I have the darnest time discussing topics that interest me. I don’t see how that approach is more organized.. I think it’s constricting discussion..

Bye, Felicia.?