If college football season is cancelled, NFL will likely play on Saturdays, per PFT

Logic

1 hour ago, Limeaid said:

You would think with costumes you could come up with some ways to protect yourself and still do LARPs especially outside.

There's still tight limits on public gatherings in this province (possibly extending into next year), and lots of close personal contact between players including items/loot frequently changing hands and people packing into small cabins/bunkhouses. 

I can understand it being a liability and insurance nightmare on top of a legal one.  I was upset about the cancelation but absolutely understand it.  They already run a tight margin just to keep the game running in good times so the extra hassle and expense during these times just isn't worth it.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Yep, imagine even an injury like Feliciano’s happening in May? In normal circumstances that guy would be back in 2 months. In this case they wouldn’t have medical clearance until after the draft. That guy could fall 2, 3, 4 rounds for something that won’t ever cause him to miss a game. Guys will be jumping ship left and right.

or heaven forbid it’s a guy out 4-6 months. Could miss all camp and part of the season instead of being back in April for team visits pre draft and a full offseason with the team

its essentially year 1 shaq but would actually drop because it’s known/expected and a quarter of his cost control contract blown.

Edited by NoSaint

1 hour ago, NoSaint said:

or heaven forbid it’s a guy out 4-6 months. Could miss all camp and part of the season instead of being back in April for team visits pre draft and a full offseason with the team

its essentially year 1 shaq but would actually drop because it’s known/expected and a quarter of his cost control contract blown.

That’s why the spring isn’t an option IMO. You’ll have 100+ opt outs.

16 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

That’s why the spring isn’t an option IMO. You’ll have 100+ opt outs.

I was thinking that but some of these guys don’t have secure draft spots.  There’s a chance an unknown or lower profile guy lights it up and passes a guy sitting out.  Like what Burrow did last year.  

it sucks and I really hope football happens in the fall because it’s so perfect then.  But I think a spring season would be super competitive and it would be the greatest March/ April in sports history ever.

51 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

If college football is pushed to the spring this is what the NFL will look like:

giphy.gif?cid=82a1493bh6pz4tqeenoui1yguj

I wonder what that would do to the draft?  What if the season is still going on when they’re drafted?  College baseball goes through this.

I would assume players would be tempted to quit their college team if they’re drafted....especially high.  High as in towards the top and not on weed but both would apply to college football players.

Edited by Royale with Cheese

On 8/8/2020 at 8:32 PM, Logic said:

That's how I read it.

They're not saying the NFL would be played on Saturday INSTEAD of Sunday, but rather IN ADDITION TO Sunday. 

I see it like PFT does: A triple-header at 1, 4:15, and 8:30 on Saturday. The usual slate of games (minus three) on Sunday, Sunday night, and Monday night.

It would just mean less games being played on Sunday. On the other hand, more people would likely get to watch more games, and there would be more "national spotlight" windows.

They should actually move Thursday to Saturday’s. With a 5 day incubation period, playing Sunday to Thursday doesn’t make any sense. Also a short week with a wild COVID offseason isn’t really good for anybody 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Mango said:

They should actually move Thursday to Saturday’s. With a 5 day incubation period, playing Sunday to Thursday doesn’t make any sense. Also a short week with a wild COVID offseason isn’t really good for anybody 

How about just Saturday/Sunday games. No Monday night or Thursday night. Have a 1:00 , 4:00 and 8:00 on Saturday. Rest of the games go on Sunday. Then you have 5 days Mon thru Fri where there is no game during this COVID season. No short weeks for anybody this year.

• Like (+1) 1