If college football season is cancelled, NFL will likely play on Saturdays, per PFT

Logic

If this happens, count on the Bills/Raiders game at 4:25 during week 4 to be moved to Saturday.  That game is currently going head-to-head with KC/NE on CBS and is unlikely to see wide distribution at its current time.

The NFL loves to show off new stadiums and the matchup isn't bad either.

15 minutes ago, Clemfield2622 said:

College football does seem a lot more difficult to get figured out than the NFL the number of teams and therefore players, coaches, and just other staff in general are just on different scale. Not to mention all the players are college kids who also have school.

3 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

College football does seem a lot more difficult to get figured out than the NFL the number of teams and therefore players, coaches, and just other staff in general are just on different scale. Not to mention all the players are college kids who also have school.

One of my closest friends used to be in charge of sales at Auburn. We talked last week and he had just talked to his old boss there. He was saying that the hard thing with it is the amateur nature of the players. If you are at Auburn (or wherever) on a biology scholarship and they deem the campus “unsafe for students” you’re at home. They can’t say that the campus isn’t safe for the biology student but is safe for Bo Nix. Apparently that’s a huge issue for the schools. 

Perhaps we could finally get the Super Bowl played on Saturday?? That’s been a long overdue change imho. 

10 hours ago, 1ManRaid said:

As long as the Bills don't get the Saturday 8pm games, that's D&D night.  At least my LARP has already been cancelled for the year...

Yeah yeah flame the nerd lol.

Own it! :beer:

1 hour ago, DCOrange said:

It’s gonna suck not having college football but this makes sense. I don’t have much hope for the NFL or MLB either but we’ll see. 

The MLB's been doing well lately after a rocky start.  I'm more optimistic now than I was a week ago.

I'm a casual college football fan but would prefer Saturday NFL games every week.

All the Captains.  players and parents tweeting out the same statements and #wewanttoplay this weekend seems a lot like what was was happening down the stretch with the nflpa and NFL. In this case it is between the power 5 ADs and university presidents. I think they are trying to get the players who are Banding together and asking the Conferences for stuff to back down on their demands by threatening to shut down the fall season. I find it just a bit curious that Kevin Warren is reportedly preferring spring season when just a week ago gene smith said a spring season had barely been discussed. Because it’s a terrible idea from so many angles. Most of all student Health and safety which allegedly is the reason they are doing this. 

2 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

One of my closest friends used to be in charge of sales at Auburn. We talked last week and he had just talked to his old boss there. He was saying that the hard thing with it is the amateur nature of the players. If you are at Auburn (or wherever) on a biology scholarship and they deem the campus “unsafe for students” you’re at home. They can’t say that the campus isn’t safe for the biology student but is safe for Bo Nix. Apparently that’s a huge issue for the schools. 

Is auburn not bringing students back on campus? I know Ohio state is, among others. Notre dame starts tomorrow with in person classes. Just curious. 

On 8/8/2020 at 2:19 PM, Kirby Jackson said:

College Football is my favorite sport so it’s disappointing for me. I’ll watch college teams that I don’t care about way more often than NFL teams that I don’t care about. The games just mean more. With that being said, if the power 5 end up cancelling the NFL should definitely backfill those slots. There’s no reason to not have football all day Saturday.

Wow.

I'm the exact opposite of you.

College Football too often looks like amateur hour to me. And the gap between the Elite and even very good teams to those beneath them makes College Football so predictable as to where the season will end.

There's no sport I enjoy more than the NFL. I like Syracuse basketball, but can't watch much else.

I will be so freaking excited if there are NFL games to watch 4 days of the week!

On 8/8/2020 at 2:22 PM, snamsnoops said:

I would rather they play Sat, Sun, & Mon.. Get rid of Thurs.......

This should be what they do. Move all the Thursday Night Football games to Saturday Night Football and the NFL effectively makes every spouse who's not a football fan disgruntled as they're ignored for entire weekends.

• Like (+1) 2

On 8/8/2020 at 2:36 PM, Warcodered said:

Makes sense that's what I hope it is though it would be ironic that the year the Bills finally get some national exposure everyone gets more at the same time.

Yeah but this could be EVEN MORE national exposure.

I'm especially interested as one who normally has to go to a bar to watch... especially in the middle of a Pandemic.

8 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Wow.

I'm the exact opposite of you.

College Football too often looks like amateur hour to me. And the gap between the Elite and even very good teams to those beneath them makes College Football so predictable as to where the season will end.

There's no sport I enjoy more than the NFL. I like Syracuse basketball, but can't watch much else.

I will be so freaking excited if there are NFL games to watch 4 days of the week!

This should be what they do. Move all the Thursday Night Football games to Saturday Night Football and the NFL effectively makes every spouse who's not a football fan disgruntled as they're ignored for entire weekends.

I’m not really sure why that warrants a “wow?” To each his own I guess.

I live in SEC country and am an Ohio State fan so my college football experience is spent with the elite. There aren’t many/any sporting experiences that compare to a Saturday Night in Death Valley and I don’t even like LSU. The passion, crowd, and overall effort is unmatched. It’s the closest thing that the US has to European Soccer. Every game played by those teams could be the end of their chances. If you get sniped by Mississippi State, or Michigan State, or whomever, you’re cooked. There’s no margin for error. That drama makes Saturday infinitely more interesting. There’s no, “we will get them next week” after laying an egg vs. Miami. 

The Bills are my favorite team in sports. I prefer a Bills game over everything but I find the NFL just okay after that. I’m not excited about Seattle - SF on Sunday Night despite the fact that it may have playoff implications. The reality is that the loser of that game can still bounce back when it matters, in the playoffs. When LSU plays Alabama it’s winner take all for all intents and purposes. 

Edited by Kirby Jackson