If college football season is cancelled, NFL will likely play on Saturdays, per PFT

Logic

1 hour ago, WMDman said:

***** I work Saturdays

Me too.

I also live in NC.

Would this only be a game or two that would be shown nationally?  I get the Sunday Ticket to guarantee I can see ALL the games.

I assume these would be early starts which means I don’t see them live.

NOT HAPPY?  

9 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Any chance you can watch some of it, or do you try to avoid it and watch later?

I mean I could probably switch my schedule If I had too. There’s no way I couldn’t watch live my anxiety would be through the roof 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Johnnycage46 said:

I would love Saturday NFL as it would allow me to function on Monday mornings.

Games would still be on Sundays.

1 hour ago, Bigvinny said:

This would be amazing. I'm usually off on Saturdays and miss bills games on Sundays.

Bills would still mostly play Sundays.

I'll tell you one company who'd like scream up and down over this is Sunday Ticket!

There is a maximum of 16 games each week, take away; Thursday, Sunday, and Monday night game you're down to 13 games.  Haven't looked at this years schedule specifically but  typically when you get into the bye weeks there are some weeks with six teams with byes.  That leaves 10 games.  Now take away three more for Saturdays, you're down to 7 games on Sunday.  Considering almost everyone gets three games on local TV, 2 early and the doubleheader, that leaves DTV with 4 games to convince people to pay $300 to watch each week.

Could see this becoming a sticking point as I'm sure there is something in the agreement that specifies a minimum number of games will be available each week to them.  I realize week 17 that didn't happen, one week may have been written into the contract, but if every week.  Even the weeks without byes, the selection would still be small.  Think to broadcast Saturdays will require a major contract redo with DTV over this.

Personally I'd be happy with games on Saturday, but can see this being a sticking point.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Florida Bills Fanatic said:

If the big conferences still play their conference games, it could still cause some problems but if the networks are looking to ante up more cash to the NFL, I can see something like this happening.  More nationally televised games on Saturday would be great.

Fanatic, I was thinking the same thing in that the SEC for now says they are going to have a conference play.  It seems like the door is still open though as those Chancellors will be under a lot of pressure to fall suit with the rest of the NCAA.  Not that I’m going to watch every nationally televised game four days a week as even I may need a break, but the offset tv revenue could really help with roster integrity so for that reason alone, I’m for it.  Besides that provides for more nationally televised Bills games.  I’d love it if they only have one Saturday game at each slot so all are nationally televised.  Not living in Buffalo anymore, it’s al2ays a treat when they are in regular tv so I don’t have to get the ticket or go to a bills Backers restaurant.

1 hour ago, eball said:

If this happens (triple header on Saturday) I really hope they nix Thursday night football.  You know the players and coaches want it gone.

They won’t.  They are used to the $, and it’s built into their TV contract.  Not the NFLN, as owned by the NFL, but the CBS component.

• Like (+1) 2

11 hours ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Me too.

I also live in NC.

Would this only be a game or two that would be shown nationally?  I get the Sunday Ticket to guarantee I can see ALL the games.

I assume these would be early starts which means I don’t see them live.

NOT HAPPY?  

You're getting upset over something that hasn't happened

3 hours ago, 1ManRaid said:

As long as the Bills don't get the Saturday 8pm games, that's D&D night.  At least my LARP has already been cancelled for the year...

Yeah yeah flame the nerd lol.

Beware of the Green Dragon.