[Vague Title] The Puff Puff Pass thread

Greg S

1 minute ago, Putin said:

We beat the Bills twice last year ?

this guys needs to be tested ASAP and not just for COVID-19 

I think SAR 1 is a troll who trolls his own fanbase. He is a WWE wrestler getting into character cutting a promo. I especially like his "after an easy win in Buffalo, we will upset the 49ers" and his "the Bills were so scared of the red hot 5-2 Jets they rested their starters week 17 and still haven't won a playoff game" Classic I laughed at that. If there is a season I hope the Bills show up week 1 being that they are so "scared" of the big bad Jets.

9 minutes ago, Putin said:

Oh jeeze, that guy is well known there for having his own definition for what a win is and how he thinks Darnold is the best QB in the league.  If you tell him how wrong he is on something or that the Jets aren't the best team in the league like he thinks, he will...

- Brag about how rich he is and tell you to go back to your trailer home.

- Brag about his expensive cars.

- Brag about how the Jets are the best team in the league because they share a city with the Yankees and look at all the championships they won.

- Generally refuse to acknowledge your objectively correct points in favor of personal attacks that go unmoderated.

I had it out with him several times last year about his insistence that the Jets were going to run the table and make the playoffs after their bad start, and his persistent claims that they really did beat the Bills.  Similar excuses for how they really did actually win the rest of their games and spiritually make the playoffs.

4 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

Oh jeeze, that guy is well known there for having his own definition for what a win is and how he thinks Darnold is the best QB in the league.  If you tell him how wrong he is on something or that the Jets aren't the best team in the league like he thinks, he will...

- Brag about how the Jets are the best team in the league because they share a city with the Yankees and look at all the championships they won.

- Generally refuse to acknowledge your objectively correct points in favor of personal attacks that go unmoderated.

I had it out with him several times last year about his insistence that the Jets were going to run the table and make the playoffs after their bad start, and his persistent claims that they really did beat the Bills.  Similar excuses for how they really did actually win the rest of their games and spiritually make the playoffs.

How can one justify the Jets sweeping the Bills. Week 1 last year Bills 17 Jets 16. I haven't been to 1st grade in a long time but when I went 17 was a bigger number than 16. Have things changed?

1 minute ago, Greg S said:

How can one justify the Jets sweeping the Bills. Week 1 last year Bills 17 Jets 16. I haven't been to 1st grade in a long time but when I went 17 was a bigger number than 16. Have things changed?

Well ,  they did say in the thread that the Bill beat an injured Jets team.   Also,  apparently we don't have a QB so we aren't much of a threat.

As has been said, he's a huge homer/troll who counts "moral victories" and an encyclopedia of excuses for failures to rile people up.  The loss to the Bills doesn't count because of mono and an injured LB, while the week 17 win against Bills second stringers still absolutely counts because they would have beaten our 1st string easily anyways apparently. 

Just now, prissythecat said:

Well ,  they did say in the thread that the Bill beat an injured Jets team.   Also,  apparently we don't have a QB so we aren't much of a threat.

But they justify their week 17 win as a quality win and ignore the fact that the Bills played their 2's and treated that game like a week 4 preseason game. I live in NJ so I have to deal with Jets fans all the time with family, friends, co-workers. I get that the majority of Bills fans dislike the Pats and Dolphins more but for me I dislike the Jets a lot more than the Pats or Fins.

• Like (+1) 1

But they justify their week 17 win as a quality win and ignore the fact that the Bills played their 2's and treated that game like a week 4 preseason game. I live in NJ so I have to deal with Jets fans all the time with family, friends, co-workers. I get that the majority of Bills fans dislike the Pats and Dolphins more but for me I dislike the Jets a lot more than the Pats or Fins.

I read through that thread and there are actually a few that point out the truth, like the bills winning week 1, and the bills resting starters and the Jets barely winning week 17 despite that. There are also some that said the Bills have a better roster 1-53.

Only real annoying part is the Darnold love and Allen hate. Like I get it if you arent a fan of Allen... but let's not pretend Darnold is much better. Saying the Bills don't have a QB and the Jets do is laughable. 

That said there are a lot that point oit the Bills are better. Even on a Jets board it sounds like they respect the Bills. I do find it odd the Jets play the Dolphins twice in a row (with a bye week in between). 

2 hours ago, 1ManRaid said:

Well, they also share a city with the Mets... so that should even them back out to the worst team in the league...ain't I right @Gugny?!?!

9 minutes ago, MJS said:

I liked this post:

"hard to go 5-0 when you start 0-2. Bills and Niners are going to DEMOLISH the Jet OL"

Bosa is going to smack the mono hiding in Darnolds spleen into the year 3020, where it becomes a new pandemic known as polynucleosis...:wub: 

Then Epenesa is going to have a nice start to his career with 3 sacks.

Edited by Sherlock Holmes
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, 1ManRaid said:

The Yankees also play in New Jersey?

5 hours ago, Putin said:

This guy has a pretty good point.

If we use your standard of "wins", I can't imagine us NOT going 5-0.

From that perspective it actually makes some sense.

[This is an automated response]

As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive topic titles. A better title will help the community find information faster and make your topic more likely to be read. The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

4 hours ago, Victory Formation said:

I don’t see the Jets doing well, maybe 7-9 or 8-8.

I think jests will be lucky to win one divisional game , and the rest of the schedule is far from ( like many of us like to say ) a cakewalk 

2 hours ago, Warcodered said:

The Yankees also play in New Jersey?

I have it on good authority that the Yankees never moved to New Jersey because they want to keep their perceived association with the Jets and their nutter fans to a minimum. 

8 hours ago, Greg S said:

8 hours ago, prissythecat said:

That guy is a dolt... but I will say the bills couldn’t get anything going until CJ Moseley left the game Injured in the second half vs the jets that first time.