The War on Whiteness

2 hours ago, Tiberius said:

I am engaging in honest conversation and you are making excuses for obviously racist laws. They didn’t throw blacks in jail with tougher sentences for them to help them, that’s ridiculous. 

Should the drug squads descend on Appalachia to punish, I mean help, the poor there deal with opioids? Through them all in jail. 

Seriously, through? Where did you even go to school?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Capco said:

None of that data says anything about motive for those crimes.  On its own it's meaningless.  But you already knew that I'm sure.  

You can look up Supreme Court cases re disparate impact. These were the people that Obama released.

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

So we should send the police in to raid and punish the white communities being ravaged by opioids? 

I love how drug laws to punish blacks was there to help them, lol!of course you probably also think Trump didn’t do anything wrong with Ukraine, either. Punish blacks, it’s good for them, but let Trump try and shake down another country to win an election, that’s ok. 

When was the last time you ever learned anything?

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, bilzfancy said:

anti-Semitism is on the rise (again) , a form of racism, that few are talking about, and is very dangerous to those of the Jewish faith. Why is there no one in the streets protesting this?

...how many thousands of years has ethnic racism existed worldwide and STILL going strong?.....No political capital in ethnic racism......visual HAS capital.....

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Capco said:

Just to be clear, are you saying that you agree or disagree with the notion that attacking someone based on the color of their skin is NOT a form of racial discrimination?  

I suppose in a literal sense it could be, but I don't think that's what one would typically refer to with the term "discrimination."

3 hours ago, Tiberius said:

So we should send the police in to raid and punish the white communities being ravaged by opioids? 

I love how drug laws to punish blacks was there to help them, lol!of course you probably also think Trump didn’t do anything wrong with Ukraine, either. Punish blacks, it’s good for them, but let Trump try and shake down another country to win an election, that’s ok. 

Well what do you know.......

https://www.npr.org/2019/09/25/764365459/u-s-accuses-11-doctors-of-peddling-opioids-in-appalachian-states

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Capco said:

Just to be clear, are you saying that you agree or disagree with the notion that attacking someone based on the color of their skin is NOT a form of racial discrimination?  

I believe that's defined as a hate crime in this country.  We have laws against it.

41 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

Well, this is what the Smithsonian is peddling now.

https://nmaahc.si.edu/learn/talking-about-race/topics/whiteness

"In this country, American means white. Everybody else has to hyphenate."

What a crock of bull####. It was minorities themselves that adopted the "hyphenated American" titles in order to emphasize their ethnicity.  

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Azalin said:

What a crock of bull####. It was minorities themselves that adopted the "hyphenated American" titles in order to emphasize their ethnicity.  

American-Chop Suey

American Chop Suey is a delicious and easy dinner recipe made with ground beef, tomato, onion, green pepper, macaroni, and spices.

We call it American Chop or Chop Suey but you may have also heard of it called goulash or macaroni hamburger and tomato depending on where you live.

So either way, the recipe has the same basic components and is a classic dinner most of us grew up eating.

25 minutes ago, Azalin said:

I noticed that too. Pretty soon they'll be blaming us for touting our privilege.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Rob's House said:

You'll want to read the whole thread. This is pretty fukked up.

Critical race theory and the principle of "whiteness," or "white priviledge," rests completely upon the assumption that white people are incapable of discerning different human conditions, social awareness in regard to manifestations of biases and prejudices, self-awareness, introspection, and growth without intervention.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Rob's House said:

Well, this is what the Smithsonian is peddling now.

https://nmaahc.si.edu/learn/talking-about-race/topics/whiteness

Every single point on their listed examples of "white privilege" is easily proven wrong,  did no one else see this garbage before it was published?

They don't even have to leave their bubble, just watch videos of CHAZ.

5 hours ago, Rob's House said:

Here is an interview of Thomas Sowell from 2012. At the beginning of the interview, he is asked about Derrick Bell and critical race theory. The total interview is only about 9 minutes and, as always with Sowell, a good listen.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, unbillievable said:

Every single point on their listed examples of "white privilege" is easily proven wrong,  did no one else see this garbage before it was published?

They don't even have to leave their bubble, just watch videos of CHAZ.

That's why they never try to define it. The more you know the dumber it sounds.

7 hours ago, Rob's House said:

The next logical step to that is why the 2nd amendment is so important. When you're not allowed the privilege of feeling safe, as they teach in Seattle. 

20 hours ago, billsfan1959 said:

You're an idiot and delusional.

LOL

Let's not stop, I have more. The whole war on drugs is just a human rights disaster. 

Washington (CNN)One of Richard Nixon's top advisers and a key figure in the Watergate scandal said the war on drugs was created as a political tool to fight blacks and hippies, according to a 22-year-old interview recently published in Harper's Magazine.

"The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people," former Nixon domestic policy chief John Ehrlichman told Harper's writer Dan Baum for the April cover story published Tuesday.
"You understand what I'm saying? We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin. And then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities," Ehrlichman said. "We could arrest their leaders. raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did."

Ehrlichman's comment is the first time the war on drugs has been plainly characterized as a political assault designed to help Nixon win, and keep, the White House.

3 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

LOL

Let's not stop, I have more. The whole war on drugs is just a human rights disaster. 

LOL

Nothing anyone alleges occurred under Nixon would surprise me. There is also no doubt the war on drugs and crime in general have long been used for political purposes - as has any issue that can be politicized in any way.

It still doesn't change my stance on the development of sentencing guidelines regarding crack cocaine. We are just going to have to agree to disagree.

4 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

LOL

Nothing anyone alleges occurred under Nixon would surprise me. There is also no doubt the war on drugs and crime in general have long been used for political purposes - as has any issue that can be politicized in any way.

It still doesn't change my stance on the development of sentencing guidelines regarding crack cocaine. We are just going to have to agree to disagree.

But you agree the war on drugs has been a government tool aimed at the black community, in some way, right? 

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

But you agree the war on drugs has been a government tool aimed at the black community, in some way, right? 

Well, it depends on what you mean by "a government tool aimed at the black community."

If you mean an overarching motivation of harming/oppressing them in some way because of their race, then I would say (1) nothing would surprise under Nixon; however (2) I don't see any evidence of that in, what I would consider, modern law enforcement times.

If you mean legislation/enforcement of drug laws aimed at communities, that happen to be primarily black (we should add Hispanic/Latino communities as well), because of the intertwined relationship between drugs and violent crime in those communities, then I would say yes.

There is more than a nuanced distinction between the two

On 7/13/2020 at 9:59 PM, Rob's House said:

Nick Cannon commits career suicide.

Just kidding. I'm sure he'll be hosting the next season of The Masked Singer.

Blackness has its privileges.

HA!

I FU¢KING CALLED IT!

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

HA!

I FU¢KING CALLED IT!

So he only apologized for spreading hateful propaganda and stereotypical rhetoric bout the jewish community? Nothing about whites? lol

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I recall an Eddie Murphy skit from SNL on "white privilege".  This is from 1984 and I found a clip of it here on youtube.  While its comedy it provides a glimpse into the mindset of the black community and their perception of how they are disadvantaged by what they believe is some covert social order working behind the scenes.  If you're white I'm sure you'll find all the scenarios very familiar!  Especially the bank scene...

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

LOL

I can't imagine anyone relating weed to hippies and heroin to inter city blacks. Just an unbelievable stretch. -)

• Haha (+1) 1