The War on Whiteness

3 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...so then explain to me how in NYS you can babble about uninsured?.....or in other states for that matter?.....OR....the BILLIONS written off annually by hospitals for treating uninsureds as they cannot be denied?......

"Last year’s (2019) state-funded (NY) Medicaid spending, which was officially booked at $21.7 billion, would have been $23.4 billion had the March payments been made on schedule – and would have far exceeded the statutory “global cap” on the program’s growth."

Hospital care is an extreme  cost , better to have coverage for uninsured for primary care drs , HMO and dentists.

5 minutes ago, ALF said:

44 million Americans are uninsured, and eight out of ten of these are workers or their dependents. Why is being uninsured a problem? About 44 million people in this country have no health insurance, and another 38 million have inadequate health insurance.

https://www.pbs.org/healthcarecrisis/uninsured.html#:~:text=44 million Americans are uninsured,million have inadequate health insurance.

These are the working poor who earn too much to qualify for medicaid but can't afford insurance.(  Not sure if that is a up to date number)

Isn't that about the same amount of uninsured that the Left was claiming before the so called Affordable Care Act? Seems like all the ACA did was to pay for insurance for people who were already getting Medicaid while displacing others who couldn't afford the new rates while simultaneously raising deductibles to the point where the people who actually had insurance couldn't really use it except for serious reasons. So, to summarize, in the overall picture we are paying more for less while not increasing the amount of insured people. We did hire 15000 people at the IRS though to insure that people were fined insignificant amounts for not buying into the program. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, ALF said:

Hospital care is an extreme  cost , better to have coverage for uninsured for primary care drs , HMO and dentists.

...which affirms the fallacy of your argument regarding uninsureds......$22 BILLION in NYS for Medicaid covers uninsureds and EVERY state has a similar program.....and EVERY hospital in the US writes off BILLIONS for services provided to uninsureds as treatment cannot be denied.....so you're trying to tell me that another 38 million fall OUTSIDE of that purview?......yawn..............

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...which affirms the fallacy of your argument regarding uninsureds......$22 BILLION in NYS for Medicaid covers uninsureds and EVERY state has a similar program.....and EVERY hospital in the US writes off BILLIONS for services provided to uninsureds as treatment cannot be denied.....so you're trying to tell me that another 38 million fall OUTSIDE of that purview?......yawn..............

I'm saying preventive care is more cost effective then hospital care for the uninsured .

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, ALF said:

I'm saying preventive care is more cost effective then hospital care for the uninsured .

...Preventive care is the election of the individual PERIOD......that is the pro-active approach as in "routine maintenance" versus those who elect NO coverage but will reactively run to the hospital with NO coverage and STILL get treatment....we as electrical contractors stress preventive maintenance (PM checkups) to our customers on major equipment investments.....if they do not and wait until a major break happens i, it is far more costly and THEY bear the expense....individuals with NO insurance bear NO expense besides not having shelled out premium dollars because Medicaid or the system covers them.........

2 hours ago, HamSandwhich said:

Also, I’ll fully admit, this is my own opinion. I’m not trying to demand and shout down other ideologies like those on the left. I’ll put my opinion out there and let the best idea and understanding win.

It’s not so just because you say it is. I’ll challenge you to give me your reasoning on it. 

I appreciate what you're doing, but Tibs isn't worth engaging. He's an insufferable troll with no interest in honest debate.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, ALF said:

You make preventive care free and probably a good majority of Americans will still eat too much of the wrong things, drink too much, get little or no exercise and never get any kind of medical maintenance done. Most of that takes little or no money, saves money (no booze saves tons!) but people will just do what they do. 

I went to Catalina Island yesterday. I was astonished at the number of morbidly obese people there. There were people on bikes everywhere and probably 90% of them were on bikes with electric motors.

• Like (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, ALF said:

You're right, preventative care is less costly, and that was one of the reasons Obama gave to help reduce the number of people going to the emergency room.

However once the ACA was passed, the opposite happened. Emergency room visits actually increased since it was now covered and didn't require an appointment be made like your doctor office visits did. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

The issue was there for so long because, EXACTLY like Trump’s tax returns, for years Obama refused to provide evidence of a birth certificate. However tax returns are not a prerequisite to becoming president. A birth certificate is.

By long standing US federal law, the child of a US citizen is a US citizen even if born outside the US unless he or she chooses otherwise by renouncing his or her citizenship.  Since Obama's mother was an American citizen, he is an American citizen by birth regardless of his father's citizenship or where he was born, just as the late John McCain, who was born in the Panama Canal Zone. 

A birth certificate is NOT a prerequisite to becoming POTUS,  citizenship is, and no other major party presidential candidate except Obama has ever been even asked to show anybody his/her birth certificate.  None of the POTUS born before 1900 had one, since the recording of births -- and deaths -- by local governmental jurisdictions only began after the Civil War.   Before that, that information might be kept in church baptismal records if the family's church was a denomination that believed in infant baptism but those records could be easily lost in fires, floods or simply the closing of a church.   It's why the practice of recording births and deaths in family Bibles developed in the US.

2 minutes ago, SoTier said:

By long standing US federal law, the child of a US citizen is a US citizen even if born outside the US unless he or she chooses otherwise by renouncing his or her citizenship.  Since Obama's mother was an American citizen, he is an American citizen by birth regardless of his father's citizenship or where he was born, just as the late John McCain, who was born in the Panama Canal Zone. 

A birth certificate is NOT a prerequisite to becoming POTUS,  citizenship is, and no other major party presidential candidate except Obama has ever been even asked to show anybody his/her birth certificate.  None of the POTUS born before 1900 had one, since the recording of births -- and deaths -- by local governmental jurisdictions only began after the Civil War.   Before that, that information might be kept in church baptismal records if the family's church was a denomination that believed in infant baptism but those records could be easily lost in fires, floods or simply the closing of a church.   It's why the practice of recording births and deaths in family Bibles developed in the US.

Oh the irony is thick with this one. 

10 minutes ago, SoTier said:

It's interesting that you give such a detailed explanation of your argument here, but when declaring President Trump is racist you have virtually nothing to support it with.

Seems a consistent trend with the crowd that sees white racism everywhere.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Tiberius said:

And yes, the filibuster needs to go, its stupid. 

So, you'll still be on board with removing the filibuster when the GOP keeps control of the Senate next year, right?

Or is your patriotism still only so deep as your partisanship?

4 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

It's interesting that you give such a detailed explanation of your argument here, but when declaring President Trump is racist you have virtually nothing to support it with.

Seems a consistent trend with the crowd that sees white racism everywhere.

It's because Trump didn't like Obama, and anybody who doesn't like the Ayatollah is racist, that what the left will tell you

• Like (+1) 3