NASCAR Bans Nooses From All Future Races

Now that they’ve banned the Confederate States’ Battle Flag. Sounds like they should go the next step and call for the banning of nooses at all future races. 

They better tackle those pesky LSU Fighting Tigers too. They’re named after a Confederate Army battalion that was particularly tough on those Yankee soldiers in the war of Northern Aggression. 

And who can forget the Washington Redskins. 

Let the purges begin 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Reposted from two other threads, one locked the other deleted:

He wants to be Colin Kaepernick.  There’s money in the victimhood cottage industry.

Again, I’ll keep on saying it:

We‘ve reached a point where we’ve miseducated an entire generation of people to believe victimhood is social currency; while at the same time social progress has nearly eliminated racism.

The result is that now racism must be manufactured to meet demand.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

What I want to know is: did anyone actually check to see that it was even a noose and not just a fixed loop on the end of a string?  A noose on a garage pull would be a stupid thing to install.

• Like (+1) 1

5zcp.gif

Honestly, I hate KFC and think it is overrated... Colonel Sanders obviously was a plantation owner trope, and needs to be removed. Much like Aunt Jemima, this passive aggressive systematic racism needs to end, despite yall thinking it is some sort of joke.

/LMAO I just hate KFC, and think I might be able to make it go away by capitalizing with the rest of the white virtue signalers on this BLM movement. Tear his statues down!!!

3 hours ago, Doc said:

What I want to know is: did anyone actually check to see that it was even a noose and not just a fixed loop on the end of a string?  A noose on a garage pull would be a stupid thing to install.

I think it was A double bowline knot. But, I have been wondering the same thing. I assume since they have not officially said what type of knot it was, it was not a hangman's knot.

I honestly wonder how pro sports are able to still exist.  All the owners are rich old white men, and they act like slave owners rarely reworking the paltry payment terms of their "players".  Plus sports are not inclusive, only the most talented can play, which is not equal opportunity.  It's really is time to cancel all sports.

KIRA DAVIS: The Problem Isn’t Bubba Wallace, or a Noose… the Problem Is the Media.

Some may ask, “If a story like this hits the mainstream, shouldn’t it be covered immediately? After all, it’s relevant considering current events.” I most certainly am not suggesting a story like this be ignored in the name of peace.

What I am suggesting is that a story like this needs to be reported. Not opined, not instantaneously broken down into breathless monologues on slumping cable news channels, not turned into Instagram soundbites set to maudlin, bleak music. Reported. Like news. Because that’s what it is until there’s enough information for it to be something bigger.

If you think that’s an impossible task, consider your local news. They have reporters, entertainment reporters, a weather reporter, and typically what is called an “opinion desk.” They actually make a specific space for opinion. Journalism is what you see on the 5 o’clock news. Straight reporting from the scene of an incident, witness interviews, details, and information. In fact, if you pay attention you’ll notice that often when an anchor tries to get a street reporter to editorialize what is happening around them, they will go to great lengths to avoid descriptions that could feel personally motivated.

Your local news station and publications are the last bastion of real journalism.

Sad.

• Like (+1) 2

11 hours ago, Paulus said:

I think it was A double bowline knot. But, I have been wondering the same thing. I assume since they have not officially said what type of knot it was, it was not a hangman's knot.

I think the opposite: that since they haven't said what type of knot it was, it wasn't a hangman's knot but a uni/non-slip/Kreh knot, i.e. having coils around the rope but a fixed loop.

23 minutes ago, Doc said:

I think the opposite: that since they haven't said what type of knot it was, it wasn't a hangman's knot but a uni/non-slip/Kreh knot, i.e. having coils around the rope but a fixed loop.

Thats knot really the opposite, but I agree about the fact it wasn't a hangman noose, as it had been there for years and they didn't label it in the media. 

50 minutes ago, B-Man said:

KIRA DAVIS: The Problem Isn’t Bubba Wallace, or a Noose… the Problem Is the Media.

Some may ask, “If a story like this hits the mainstream, shouldn’t it be covered immediately? After all, it’s relevant considering current events.” I most certainly am not suggesting a story like this be ignored in the name of peace.

What I am suggesting is that a story like this needs to be reported. Not opined, not instantaneously broken down into breathless monologues on slumping cable news channels, not turned into Instagram soundbites set to maudlin, bleak music. Reported. Like news. Because that’s what it is until there’s enough information for it to be something bigger.

If you think that’s an impossible task, consider your local news. They have reporters, entertainment reporters, a weather reporter, and typically what is called an “opinion desk.” They actually make a specific space for opinion. Journalism is what you see on the 5 o’clock news. Straight reporting from the scene of an incident, witness interviews, details, and information. In fact, if you pay attention you’ll notice that often when an anchor tries to get a street reporter to editorialize what is happening around them, they will go to great lengths to avoid descriptions that could feel personally motivated.

Your local news station and publications are the last bastion of real journalism.

Sad.

Good article.

Chicago's local news (both print and on air) stop being the last bastion of real journalism many years ago. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Paulus said:

Thats knot really the opposite, but I agree about the fact it wasn't a hangman noose, as it had been there for years and they didn't label it in the media. 

My bad.  For some reason the "not" before "a hangman's knot" didn't register.

Edited by Doc
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

https://www.espn.com/racing/nascar/story/_/id/29364817/nascar-releases-image-noose-found-bubba-wallace-garage-says-concern-was-real

A picture of a the double bowline, fixed loop knot that in now way could be mistaken for a noose unless someone was really reaching for their victim card.

j6fJokhJKsEwSJ6TAZfwmqtYeq3G9FL2UrGVYbrRq5UfQLiTB7br97cM30WEtcBDY7kgr6w=s151

Why would someone do that? 

To be fair, it looks like a noose, and without knowing how long it was there, could appear to be a hate crime.  But that's where prudence and investigating before telling the world "it's a hate crime!" comes in. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Reality Check said:

Why would someone do that? 

...find it hard to believe that the garage area does not have significant security personnel as well as multiple cameras everywhere......million of dollars in equipment....

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Nanker said:

That's not a double bowline knot. It doesn't appear to look like that in the earlier pictures.

This is a double bowline knot. It doesn't slip tight when pulled. That's the point of the knot. 

That's what I found earlier on the matter

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

That's what I found earlier on the matter

The knot in diagram is not the same as the actual knot found in the garage.  Look at where the excess rope ends in the diagram vs. the picture from ESPN.  The pic from ESPN looks a lot like this one:

Hangman's knot - Alchetron, The Free Social Encyclopedia

Just now, Jauronimo said:

The knot in diagram is not the same as the actual knot found in the garage.  Look at where the excess rope ends in the diagram vs. the picture from ESPN.  The pic from ESPN looks a lot like this one:

Hangman's knot - Alchetron, The Free Social Encyclopedia

Yeah, I noticed opposite ends after posting. I guess Freddie's memory isn't photographic lol

19 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...find it hard to believe that the garage area does not have significant security personnel as well as multiple cameras everywhere......million of dollars in equipment....

Security personnel for sure and some may have cameras but possibly not throughout the garages. 

2 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Yeah, I noticed opposite ends after posting. I guess Freddie's memory isn't photographic lol

In any event I doubt there was any racist intent.  Tying a noose with hopes it will offend someone at some point down the line seems like a pretty stupid plan.  

With the current tension around the country, NASCAR's recent ban of confederate flags, Bubba's BLM decals on his car I certainly see how anyone encountering that knot in his garage would immediately think the worst.  

There was no hate crime.  There was no hoax or play for victim hood.  There was only a series of coincidence. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Unforgiven said:

Has bubba gotten himself a sponsor yet?

Well, between the rage-quit when he was getting paid to race in a video game, and this nonsense, I can't imagine why sponsors aren't lining up to throw him money.

23 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

They aren't going to review months of film (which I doubt was retained more than 2 weeks) with hopes of finding a guy who tied a noose on a garage pull for reasons unknown.