Aaron Rodgers speaking to reporters Friday

4 hours ago, NewEra said:

Who’s to say that Hodgins and Davis are good enough to contribute this year?  It took us long enough to build a very good WR unit....and before we even play a game, you want to break it up?  Ffs

It is a numbers thing. if you add a WR like Diggs, you want him in on 90% of the snaps. And if you draft someone in the 4th round, (Davis) you want him on the roster and taking a decent number of snaps. Even if we part with Duke’s ( and I don’t think we will) snaps, that alone can be barely enough for Davis. Where are you going to find snaps for Diggs?

Is Beasley going to be happy with 40% of the swaps relative to 2019? He was unhappy when his number was not called enough in Dallas.

Bottomline - my trade suggestion was not a random thought but involves chemistry, opportunity and market value considerations. This is not to say that the trade will definitely happen - just that Beane has reasons to pull the trigger on such a trade and it would not be totally bad for us.

4 hours ago, FireChans said:

They can get out of Rodgers contract next offseason. This is going to be his last year in GB.

Rodgers’ play has declined, he is an ass to every coach he’s ever had. He’s already clashing with his new coach, who took a 6 win team to a 13 win team. If you are working in GB, it’s easy to see why they are planning an Aaron Rodgers exit strategy.

They can but it will be 31.5 million in dead cap.  That's assuming Love is the prospect they envisioned to which I have serious doubts watching him play last year.

6 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

They can but it will be 31.5 million in dead cap.  That's assuming Love is the prospect they envisioned to which I have serious doubts watching him play last year.

Post June 1st it is not.

I bet they like Love more than you do.

Edited by FireChans

50 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

It is a numbers thing. if you add a WR like Diggs, you want him in on 90% of the snaps. And if you draft someone in the 4th round, (Davis) you want him on the roster and taking a decent number of snaps. Even if we part with Duke’s ( and I don’t think we will) snaps, that alone can be barely enough for Davis. Where are you going to find snaps for Diggs?

Is Beasley going to be happy with 40% of the swaps relative to 2019? He was unhappy when his number was not called enough in Dallas.

Bottomline - my trade suggestion was not a random thought but involves chemistry, opportunity and market value considerations. This is not to say that the trade will definitely happen - just that Beane has reasons to pull the trigger on such a trade and it would not be totally bad for us.

I get your point, but I don’t follow why Beasley would only be seeing 40% of snaps? I guess you’re saying that Beasley would be getting less playing time to make room for Davis? Three and four receiver sets are common these days. I don’t see a scenario where Beasley would be unhappy with his playing time, because Davis can get playing time along with Beasley. If Davis came out looking like an all pro early in the year, maybe I’d have some concerns about Beasley’s playing time. However, I don’t see Davis jumping Beasley on the depth chart. WR’s take a while to acclimate to the pro game. We have no idea if Davis can even play at the pro level. I’d be open to a Beasley trade if Davis and/or Hodgins proven they can. 

19 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Post June 1st it is not.

I bet they like Love more than you do.

Post June 1st 2021 they carry a dead cap of 21.5 million that season and then 17.2 million dead cap in 2022 if they trade him.  14.3 million in 2021 and 17.2 if they straight out release him.  That's pry their best option if they want to have any success on Love's rookie deal if he does turn out to be everything they think he can be.

Edited by Doc Brown
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

Beasley isn’t going anywhere in 2020.  

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

See above. 

It's not even that 15-1 team that went one and done in 2011.  Rodgers was all world that season: 45 TD passes on 6 INTs.....still got his azz bounced in one playoff game.  THAT Aaron Rodgers isn't walking through the door in September....

Rodgers and Mahomes had nearly identical stats this season.  Mahomes had a far superior supporting cast.

Is Rodgers totally unaware of the word “gracious?” If he wasn’t the hypocritical douche that he is, he would be the consummate teammate and welcome the new QB with open arms. He would offer to help the new QB in every way possible while letting him know that he (the new QB) will have to compete his ass off to win the job because he (Rodgers) isn’t gonna give an inch. In other words, Rodgers should be the complete opposite of Favre when he (Rodgers) came into the league. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Doc said:

Rodgers and Mahomes had nearly identical stats this season.  Mahomes had a far superior supporting cast.

That's nice.  Mahomes was injured and had 85 fewer passing attempts.  

Rodgers had a pretty good "supporting cast" in 2011.  No SB. No playoff win.

13 minutes ago, Doc said:

Rodgers was working with wideouts who wouldn't start for the Bills, which should tell you something.

12 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

That's nice.  Mahomes was injured and had 85 fewer passing attempts.  

Rodgers had a pretty good "supporting cast" in 2011.  No SB. No playoff win.

Yeah, over the course of a full season, Mahomes would have had 30 TDs and 6 INTs.  Not much of a difference and again with a far better supporting cast than ARod.  Meanwhile in 2018 Mahomes had 50 TDs and not even a SB appearance.

12 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Rodgers was working with wideouts who wouldn't start for the Bills, which should tell you something.

Yeah, except for Adams.

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

What is it post June 1st?

It’s a designation to skirt larger cap hits. 

31 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Davante Adams wouldn’t start for the Bills?

1 hour ago, FireChans said:

It’s a designation to skirt larger cap hits. 

Davante Adams wouldn’t start for the Bills?

I know that.  

What will his cap hit be post June 1st?

I don’t think you trade Rodgers if you’re Green Bay.. You squeeze another 3 or 4 years out of Rodgers and bench Love until he’s ready. Personally, I think Green Bay really flubbed the dub on Love, I don’t think he’ll be a good QB even if he spends 5 years on the bench. I side with Rodgers, I think their draft sucked. Outside of AJ Dillon their draft is like a Doug Whaley draft. I don’t have faith in their coaching staff neither. Rodgers is an elite QB and the fact that they could only squeeze out one ring out of him is perplexing to me. If I were him I’d look to be traded. They won’t though.. Without Rodgers they’re a 5 win team. I don’t like how that franchise is run, they’ve done well in terms of finding QBs but have never been serious about building a roster around them. I don’t think Green Bay is committed to winning. Once again, without Favre and Rodgers they’re equivalent to the Ralph Wilson Buffalo Bills.

10 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

Sure did...it told me you don't know who is on the Packers roster.  This take is so hot, I had to leave it on the cooling rack overnight before I could touch it!

Adams (3 Pro Bowls in the last 3 seasons) has averaged 1070 yds and 10 TDs per season over the past 4 years, despite missing 8 games.  The Bills had no one close to that last year and those numbers would make him the best WR on the Bills right now.  Last year the Bills had Brown and Beasely and....that's it.  The Packers had 3 other receivers with over 450 yards--over 100 more than Knox.

10 hours ago, Doc said:

Yeah, over the course of a full season, Mahomes would have had 30 TDs and 6 INTs.  Not much of a difference and again with a far better supporting cast than ARod.  Meanwhile in 2018 Mahomes had 50 TDs and not even a SB appearance.

Yeah, except for Adams.

2018 and no SB?  Blame it on Dee Ford for an incredibly stupid penalty that negated game winning INT.  Or blame it on Playoff Andy Reid who, watching his totally gassed D wilting under what was a 13 play OT NE drive, decided it was best to save his TO's for his 5th career Conference Championship losing locker room.

The 2019 Packers were a mirage.  After the bye, they went 6-2 including the playoffs.  Both losses (at the beginning and end of that stretch) were absolute beatings by the same team, the 49ers.

But of course, while watching the 49ers dismantle the Packers again after they had just run off 6 straight wins, you were thinking "this team really needs whichever WR is left for the 30th pick of the 2020 NFL Draft!".

Meanwhile, the Packers fairly new FO and HC are faced with an aging and slowing Rodgers who is still good enough to have them picking in the high 20's until he's gone and they have no replacement for him.  So they either pick Tee Higgins (for example) thinking "this is the SB piece we are missing to make the SB right now" or they are thinking "Tee Higgins isn't going to get us there right now--no first round pick is, in fact because there are multiple problems with this roster that one pick won't fix".  So they see their next QB who several mocks had slotted in the top 10 dropping to the bottom of the 1st and they spend a few peenies to get him at that bargain price.  Pretty simple.

No single player at the 30th pick was going to move their needle this year.  They could have helped themselves at WR or other positions after round 1, but they didn't do much there that's true.   T

Edited by Mr. WEO
  • Awesome! (+1) 1