Aaron Rodgers speaking to reporters Friday

15 hours ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

Dont mind trading Beasley to the Packers for a future second - there is only one ball to go around and we have to keep Diggs, Brown, Davis, Duke, McKenzie, Roberts, Hodgins, Knox, Kroft, SIngletary, Moss etc. happy. They have nothing at WR and appear desperate.

Bills have one of the most talented rosters in the NFL and plenty of cap space and you are trying to break it up?

I don't know that we can predict what will happen going forward, but Aaron Rodgers' disapproval of Green Bay's draft strategy was about as inevitable as lightening in a thunderstorm.

1 hour ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Absolutely.  He spoke to him "privately", yet, here we are reading about it.  Nothing to see but an agent leak

But it wasn't an agent leak.  Favre sang like a canary.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

Saw this coming the second they drafted Love.  I don’t blame him one bit.  

the Packers better hope Love turns out to be the second coming.  

from the NFC championship game to TMZ with one pick 

You don’t blame him for acting like an absolute baby and holding a presser to give his “thoughts.”

Remember when Peyton Manning’s replacement was drafted and Peyton threw a hissy fit and said he felt disrespected? Me neither.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Yeah the Packers should have just waited until Rodgers completely falls apart or leaves so they could spend the next 20 years churning through his replacements!

yeah, maybe they should throw in the towel on the next couple seasons with a QB they just extended for and under contract 4 more years while being a season removed from making the NFC championship game.

get your titles when you can.  If this regime doesn’t think AR is still capable of winning a SB, then they hired the wrong regime as they had just re upped Rodgers.  

Everyone who knows a dam about football could clearly see that the packers lack of WRs kept them

from being an elite offense last season.  Enter the “best WR draft ever”.....and they don’t select ONE WR.  Not only did they skip WR in rd 1 and 2, but they skipped the position entirely.....while only adding Devin Funchess in FA.  

drafting Love is one thing.  Disregarding the WR position altogether is a completely different story.  The GB FO failed

• Like (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, NewEra said:

yeah, maybe they should throw in the towel on the next couple seasons with a QB they just extended for and under contract 4 more years while being a season removed from making the NFC championship game.

get your titles when you can.  If this regime doesn’t think AR is still capable of winning a SB, then they hired the wrong regime as they had just re upped Rodgers.  

Everyone who knows a dam about football could clearly see that the packers lack of WRs kept them

from being an elite offense last season.  Enter the “best WR draft ever”.....and they don’t select ONE WR.  Not only did they skip WR in rd 1 and 2, but they skipped the position entirely.....while only adding Devin Funchess in FA.  

drafting Love is one thing.  Disregarding the WR position altogether is a completely different story.  The GB FO failed

Green Bay should be contacting teams with spare WRs and try to get Rodgers support. He has not been consulted on it and when you have a franchise QB taking good portion of salary cap you need to try to at least listen to his viewpoint even if you do not agree with him.  He was already very mad when Van Pelt was gone for he was doing a lot of work for Rodgers.

Edited by Limeaid

1 hour ago, FireChans said:

You don’t blame him for acting like an absolute baby and holding a presser to give his “thoughts.”

Remember when Peyton Manning’s replacement was drafted and Peyton threw a hissy fit and said he felt disrespected? Me neither.

A little different when your spine’s just been put back together with hardware from Home Depot. ?‍♂️

Not that Rodgers isn’t an ass.... but.... we’re seeing teams load up for late career runs with top QBs. The Packers should have done something to signify that they want to win besides letting their starters walk over the past five years without replacements. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, FireChans said:

Yes, I blame him for being a baby.

I blame the packers FO for failing during AR tenure as starting QB.  

i blame the packers for not drafting ANY wrs in a great wr draft.

i blame the packers for only adding one WR, Devin Funchess to their WR unit, while losing Allison.  

The packer FO isn’t a fan.  They can’t just run to the message boards, blame aaron Rodgers for crying and call it a day.  Their job is to improve their football team.  They failed miserably in that respect.  

now all those people that said “the packers overachieved in 2019” can look at their 2020 record and say “see, the packers weren’t any good in 2019, they were just lucky”.  

Lucky to have Aaron Rodgers.  

6 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

If you’re Green Bay, there’s absolutely no way that you trade him.

Why?  Because he’s still so good that he can win your franchise another SB?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, FireChans said:

I'm not defending Rodgers' actions, but it's a very different situation than Manning's. Peyton was one hit away from a career-ending neck injury and Luck was considered the best QB to come out of college since ... Peyton Manning. In fact, Peyton told the Colts they'd be stupid not to draft Luck.

Meanwhile, Rodgers is still healthy and productive, and the QB they drafted isn't expected to start anytime soon. Drafting his eventual replacement, like they did when they drafted Rodgers and still had Favre, was fine, but they should have at least gotten him some help in the receiving corps first. He has every right to be upset, but I agree with you that he shouldn't be airing it in public.

• Like (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, Buffalo Junction said:

A little different when your spine’s just been put back together with hardware from Home Depot. ?‍♂️

Not that Rodgers isn’t an ass.... but.... we’re seeing teams load up for late career runs with top QBs. The Packers should have done something to signify that they want to win besides letting their starters walk over the past five years without replacements. 

Sure it’s a bit different. But we all watched Rodgers get spanked by a Super Bowl quality team twice last year. Flat out embarrassed. And he’s on the tail end of his career. 

The Packers regime today is not the same one from the last 5 years. They have a new HC and their new GM joined last year, when the Packers were terrible. 

So the Packers are cutting bait one year early rather than one year too late. That’s the NFL. Hell, they walked away from Favre when he still had some ability left, seeing as Brett still played at a high level in Minnesota.

24 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Yes, I blame him for being a baby.

I blame the packers FO for failing during AR tenure as starting QB.  

i blame the packers for not drafting ANY wrs in a great wr draft.

i blame the packers for only adding one WR, Devin Funchess to their WR unit, while losing Allison.  

The packer FO isn’t a fan.  They can’t just run to the message boards, blame aaron Rodgers for crying and call it a day.  Their job is to improve their football team.  They failed miserably in that respect.  

now all those people that said “the packers overachieved in 2019” can look at their 2020 record and say “see, the packers weren’t any good in 2019, they were just lucky”.  

Lucky to have Aaron Rodgers.  

Why?  Because he’s still so good that he can win your franchise another SB?

The FO you are blaming got fired last year. This is a new FO.

Aaron for all his greatness QBed a team that won 6 games the year prior. 

You are welcome to disagree with their approach, but your way is hardly the only way.

2 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Sure it’s a bit different. But we all watched Rodgers get spanked by a Super Bowl quality team twice last year. Flat out embarrassed. And he’s on the tail end of his career. 

The Packers regime today is not the same one from the last 5 years. They have a new HC and their new GM joined last year, when the Packers were terrible. 

So the Packers are cutting bait one year early rather than one year too late. That’s the NFL. Hell, they walked away from Favre when he still had some ability left, seeing as Brett still played at a high level in Minnesota.

The FO you are blaming got fired last year. This is a new FO.

Aaron for all his greatness QBed a team that won 6 games the year prior. 

You are welcome to disagree with their approach, but your way is hardly the only way.

I realize all of this.  Thanks.

2 hours ago, FireChans said:

Peyton wasn't even on the team when they drafted Luck and had missed the entire season.

2 minutes ago, soflabillsfan1 said:

Peyton wasn't even on the team when they drafted Luck and had missed the entire season.

Because they cut him when they had the #1 pick. Everyone knew he was being replaced by Luck prior to draft night.

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

They aren't a WR from the SB.  They had plenty of chances to find a WR in the vastness of the rest of the draft or in FA.  Taking Love did not hurt their chances of getting to the SB this year.  It just did not.  No matter who they get or would have had at WR for this year, they are not the top 2 NFC teams.  They need a much better defense. Their run game is mediocre.  

So I agree with your last 3 sentences.  But this was the worst 13-3 team last season and got embarrassed in every aspect of the game by SF in the NFCC game.  If you think that they were a rookie WR from the SB, then you would agree they should make it back to the NFCC game without one this year.

That's not going to happen.

19 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/05/14/aaron-rodgers-will-speak-to-reporters-on-friday/amp/  

It states that Rodgers spoke to Favre privately and advised that he wasn’t pleased with the Packers draft choices and feels like an odd man out on the team and might request trade to play for someone else. 

The real question here is, did Favre really show up for this “private conversation,” or did he only cash a check? :w00t:

• Haha (+1) 3