What's a unique/hot draft take that you hold to?

4 minutes ago, Billl said:

The Chiefs will draft Anthony Gordon at the end of the fourth round, groom him to be Mahomes’s backup, and eventually trade him for a first round pick.

Because you're expecting Mahomes to miss a lot of time?

20 minutes ago, Doc said:

Because you're expecting Mahomes to miss a lot of time?

No.  Kansas City needs a backup, and Gordon looks like diet Mahomes to me.  Andy Reid has a history of turning project QBs into high draft picks, so this makes a ton of sense IMO.  

7 minutes ago, Billl said:

No.  Kansas City needs a backup, and Gordon looks like diet Mahomes to me.  Andy Reid has a history of turning project QBs into high draft picks, so this makes a ton of sense IMO.  

Yeah, but he'd have to play.  Mahomes doesn't like to come out.

That being said, should the Bills draft Gordon?

On 4/16/2020 at 1:27 AM, GunnerBill said:

I don't know that I have any "hot takes." Everything I think about the class is based on hours of watching these guys here are a fee of my less commonly held views though.

1. This is not actually a great draft class. There isn't a huge number of studs at the top and beyond wide receiver I don't actually think it is very deep. Not sure how many starters are coming from beyond the 2nd round. 

2. CJ Henderson is not that good. Too many mental mistakes for me to buy into him. 

3. Denzel Mims will make next to no impact as a rookie. Sloppy technique in every way. 

Wow Bill ... I respect your opinion greatly and time you put in  ... you might actually make me not watch Day 3 based on above ...woof

Also saw you posted QB thread .. don't you usually do a 1st round mock?  Or did I miss it?

Edited by WideRightRevenge

8 minutes ago, WideRightRevenge said:

Wow Bill ... I respect your opinion greatly and time you put in  ... you might actually make me not watch Day 3 based on above ...woof

Also saw you posted QB thread .. don't you usually do a 1st round mock?  Or did I miss it?

There is a 1st and 2nd round mock up from last weekend. I will be doing a thread later today where I collate all my stuff in one place with links and such. 

Oh and my advice is still to watch day 3... not like there is a lot else going on to watch at the moment!

31 minutes ago, Doc said:

Yeah, but he'd have to play.  Mahomes doesn't like to come out.

That being said, should the Bills draft Gordon?

Jimmy and Jacoby barely played in NE during the regular season, but they showed out in preseason.  Gordon could do the same.  I think he could be a great pick for the Bills who have the worst backup QB situation in the NFL, but I’m not sure McDermott, Daboll, and Allen make for an ideal situation to maximize Gordon’s talent.  

Reid is the perfect coach for Gordon, and he could learn a lot from studying under Pat.  Plenty of teams need franchise QBs that are plug and play because they don’t know how to develop QBs.  Now that Mahomes is beyond the developmental stage, I think Reid would be well served to always have someone in the pipeline as an investment QB.  If Allen gets to that point, McBeane might consider doing the same.  I’m not sure they have the bandwidth to do that now given Josh’s situation.

21 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Evans and Hall?

No. No Hall. Dantzler or Ojemudia. :nana:

Going by the Rich Hill chart our 2nd, 5th, 6th, 6th, and 7th are worth 123. 63 and 96 (KC) are worth 121. So that'd leave us with 63, 86, 96, and 128. Unlikely as they'd probably prefer a future pick if they are getting 5 for 2.

• Like (+1) 1

Here are mine.....TUA is giong to fall like an anvil in a loony toons cartoon.  

Jalen Hurts will be the best QB in this draft....and he'll be taken by the Chargers.....................at pick 32 (they will trade back into round 1)  

Chase Claypool will be a pro bowl player........but at TE not WR.

Best RB in this entire class likely won't be drafted.....it will be Michael Warren, Cincinnatti U. 

On 4/19/2020 at 11:54 AM, Billl said:

Holmgren school of QB tactics. All of the HCs from that tree have done this to varying degrees of success. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 4/16/2020 at 12:36 AM, whatdrought said:

What's something out of the ordinary, or slightly unusual that you think about the upcoming draft? Not crazy predictions, per se, but just something you think/believe that is unlikely to be widely agreed upon. 

Mine has no real backing other than just my gut feeling from minimal research: Jacob Eason will end up being better than most of the QB's in this draft... Maybe the best. Not sure why I feel that way, but there it is. 

Another one of mine is that Chase Young is probably overrated... Not because he's not good, but just because he's seen as too sure a thing. It's always a red flag to me. 

Whatcha got? 

I always rely on the post draft mock put out by @BringBackFergy  It is always spot on and slightly unusual

3 hours ago, Cripple Creek said:

I always rely on the post draft mock put out by @BringBackFergy  It is always spot on and slightly unusual

Thanks man. I don’t like to toot my own horn...that’s why I don’t post 6 different mock drafts. I set my board and sit back. I let the draft come to me. See you Sat. Night online. 

In going through a few iterations of my 3 round mock it has become apparent that I don't care for the TE class at all. I legit have 2 going in the first 3 rounds. The top 4 remaining players on my board to start round 4 are all TEs, but they all just seem so easy to ignore for other players. 

11 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

In going through a few iterations of my 3 round mock it has become apparent that I don't care for the TE class at all. I legit have 2 going in the first 3 rounds. The top 4 remaining players on my board to start round 4 are all TEs, but they all just seem so easy to ignore for other players. 

It’s a terrible TE class, that’s why I think Cole Kmet will be highly coveted and go early. Watching the TEs at the combine was painful.  

All but one draft pick will be for offense. I just don’t think Beane saying that “we need to score more points” results in only one offensive  playmaker being added. 

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, CapeBreton said:

It’s a terrible TE class, that’s why I think Cole Kmet will be highly coveted and go early. Watching the TEs at the combine was painful.  

Kmet won't be going until the 2nd I bet.

On 4/17/2020 at 1:03 PM, YoloinOhio said:

I just read nick bosa’s “scouting report” on Chase. I always said that Chase is the better prospect than either Bosa coming out of college but I think some people are biased because they’ve already seen the Bosas in the NFL. Nick confirms it. Scary. 
https://www.si.com/nfl/redskins/gm-report/niners-nick-bosa-praises-chase-youngs-get-off-ability-something-you-cannot-teach

I still think the Bengals should take him. They won't, but they should. To me Burrow is not so much better than Dalton that they need to pass on this guy. 

11 minutes ago, Doc said:

Kmet won't be going until the 2nd I bet.

Agreed. I really like him, but he is a bit of a project. I think teams go safe early. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown