What's a unique/hot draft take that you hold to?

Dobbins and Taylor are 3rd round RBs

this is a bad draft to need a QB for various reasons

No one from this heralded WR class will become an elite pro. There will be starters but no perrenial all pros

Edited by YoloinOhio

On 4/16/2020 at 5:43 AM, BarleyNY said:

It’s a terrible draft to find a starting 4-3 DE, unless you are Washington. 

This was along the lines of what I was going with. 

After Young, the next 3 edge guys (Chaisson, Gross-Matos, Epenesa) are not very good. There will be DEs drafted later that will be more productive early. 

• Like (+1) 2

Stay far away from high-motor lunch-pailers unless they play QB, OL, TE, FB, K, P, or long-snapper. You may miss out on 1 or 2 players. but it's safer in the long run.

Edited by Rico

2 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

That's a weird way to spell KJ Hamler. Though I also love Jefferson, much to GB's chagrin. 

I find the hype over the WR class a tad strange, to be honest. There's only a select few guys that I've watched that make me think they'll be of a high level.

Hamler and Jefferson included, it's more a case of "if they find the perfect fit, they could be productive enough to make a nice career for themselves" with a ton of the other guys. In terms of future projection, I wonder how many of them end up being seen as replacement level once you have to give them a second contract.

The Bills will draft a DB with their first pick. I read WGR's Louie DiBiase column about the draft and it seemed like a reasonable proposition. One player the article cited was A.J. Terrell from Clemson. If he's on the board McBeane will immediately pounce. 

I have said this before but I would love to see Buffalo select the running back from BC, AJ Dillon. He's a big N/S runner who would be a good complement to Singletary. 

https://wgr550.radio.com/articles/opinion/three-cornerbacks-who-could-fit-the-bills-at-pick-no-54

3 minutes ago, Blokestradamus said:

I find the hype over the WR class a tad strange, to be honest. There's only a select few guys that I've watched that make me think they'll be of a high level.

Hamler and Jefferson included, it's more a case of "if they find the perfect fit, they could be productive enough to make a nice career for themselves" with a ton of the other guys. In terms of future projection, I wonder how many of them end up being seen as replacement level once you have to give them a second contract.

I can see Hamler having a DeSean Jackson type impact. 

8 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

That's a weird way to spell KJ Hamler. Though I also love Jefferson, much to GB's chagrin. 

You gonna play him in the slot? He could be a leading NFL slot receiver. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up being highly productive there. I just can't value that in the first round from a draft perspective. 

If you wanna play him outside you are wasting your time. 

Just now, Dr. Who said:

I had the same thought. It would be a good PR move and funny.

The one thing that I won't miss in this draft is the seemingly mandatory hugs by Goodell and the draftee. It's gotten tiresome.  

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

You gonna play him in the slot? He could be a leading NFL slot receiver. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up being highly productive there. I just can't value that in the first round from a draft perspective. 

If you wanna play him outside you are wasting your time. 

if he were on the Bills I'm moving him between X, Z, and Slot depending on alignment and personnel on D. Anywhere away from Diggs.

Edited by BuffaloHokie13

Just now, BuffaloHokie13 said:

I can see Hamler having a DeSean Jackson type impact. 

Funny enough, I came up with that comp for Henry Ruggs.

I do like Hamler though, one of the few that I think has scope to develop a long way. I guess we see his floor a bit differently, that's all.

Just now, JohnC said:

The one thing that I won't miss in this draft is the seemingly mandatory hugs by Goodell and the draftee. It's gotten tiresome.  

Schmaltzy populist feel good annoys me, but I'm a get off my lawn crank misanthrope. 

1 minute ago, Blokestradamus said:

Funny enough, I came up with that comp for Henry Ruggs.

I do like Hamler though, one of the few that I think has scope to develop a long way. I guess we see his floor a bit differently, that's all.

Ruggs I compared to Tyreek Hill. I think Hamler has a bit more return ability in him.