David Carr Criticizes Winston’s workout

30 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I am not sure but if you are telling me that there isn't a backup job out there for Jameis Winston then I disagree. Jacksonville makes some sense to me but he'd have to be willing to take a prove it smaller deal. 

I guess it's just a question of whether he's willing to be backup over just sitting out.

I wouldn't mind Winston as a backup. He definitely fits the mold of a "QB who won't lose half the games."

12 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

His issues are well known.  But he led the 3rd highest scoring Offense backing up the 29th worst Defense in points allowed.  Prior to this year, his HC's were Lovie Smith's carcass and "Dirk Koetter" (or Kirk Doetter?).  

David Carr's brother is a starting QB, no playoffs.  Stafford still a starter?  3 playoffs (3 games total) in 11 years.  TT will start.   

I thought his brother did make the playoffs one year. The Raiders got knocked out the 1st round though if I remember correctly.

Edited by Patrick_Duffy
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

I guess it's just a question of whether he's willing to be backup over just sitting out.

I wouldn't mind Winston as a backup. He definitely fits the mold of a "QB who won't lose half the games."

I'm kind of hoping Winston sits out because he's a great option next year if Allen craps the bed this season.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I'm kind of hoping Winston sits out because he's a great option next year if Allen craps the bed this season.

I bet they would draft someone. Not pay starter money to anyone in the meantime.

Unless they could land a legit franchise QB

Edited by LeGOATski

3 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

I thought his brother did make the playoffs one year. The Raiders got knocked out the 1st round though if I remember correctly.

Raiders made it.  Carr Injured with 2 games to go and doing for the season.  

Fun fact:  Derrick Carr is #2 in NFL history with most losses in his first 6 seasons in the NFL.

Who is #1 you ask?  His brother, David Carr.

Couple of bums.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Derek didn't play in the playoffs. Got injured before they made it there. 

Ahh ok, but didn't he have a pretty good season in which helped them get there?

I know he hasn't really done much since but I thought he had a decent season that one year anyways?

Edited by Patrick_Duffy

I realize it’s a pretty unpopular take but I legitimately love Winston’s game. And have since he was in college. I think he’s incredibly underrated and if given a shot in the right offense, could be special. If he’s going to be a backup somewhere, I’d absolutely love it in Buffalo. I know it won’t happen but I honestly think people are sleeping on him and id take him over either Carr in a heartbeat 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I realize it’s a pretty unpopular take but I legitimately love Winston’s game. And have since he was in college. I think he’s incredibly underrated and if given a shot in the right offense, could be special. If he’s going to be a backup somewhere, I’d absolutely love it in Buffalo. I know it won’t happen but I honestly think people are sleeping on him and id take him over either Carr in a heartbeat 

I love him because he is the most entertaining QB in the league to watch. Every snap is an adventure. I could watch Winston play all day and before when was the last time anyone thought Tampa were fun? 

I am not quite as high on him as you on a serious evaluation but I do think he is a little underrated. 

Edited by GunnerBill

50 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

His issues are well known.  But he led the 3rd highest scoring Offense backing up the 29th worst Defense in points allowed.  Prior to this year, his HC's were Lovie Smith's carcass and "Dirk Koetter" (or Kirk Doetter?).  

David Carr's brother is a starting QB, no playoffs.  Stafford still a starter?  3 playoffs (3 games total) in 11 years.  TT will start.   

Tampa Bays defense was bad in points allowed because ol crablegs gave the other team the ball inside the 40 2x per game. Their defense was low key very decent. PPG is not how you evaluate the defense of a team whose QB throws 30 picks.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1