David Carr Criticizes Winston’s workout

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/04/09/david-carr-chides-jameis-winston-for-training-choices/amp/

I guess in some ways David has a point. I don’t think any NFL team goes after him to be honest, hasn’t really shown that’s he’s capable of being a starting QB in the NFL, especially after last year being a disaster for him

Edited by BuffaloBills1998

1 minute ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Who do you think is gonna sign him? 

I am not sure but if you are telling me that there isn't a backup job out there for Jameis Winston then I disagree. Jacksonville makes some sense to me but he'd have to be willing to take a prove it smaller deal. 

12 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/04/09/david-carr-chides-jameis-winston-for-training-choices/amp/

I guess in some ways David has a point. I don’t think any NFL team goes after him to be honest, hasn’t really shown that’s he’s capable of being a starting QB in the NFL, especially after last year being a disaster for him

Sure he had a crazy year last season, but he has 20k yards and 121 TDs in 70 starts.  In the NFL, that's a starting QB easily.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

Sure he had a crazy year last season, but he has 20k yards and 121 TDs in 70 starts.  In the NFL, that's a starting QB easily.

Minus those stats, he’s failed to get his team to the playoffs for 4 years in a row. Might now be a fair comparison but to me he’s Fitzpatrick with a stronger arm. He can easily be a career back up but I don’t see it for him as a starter.

but that’s just my opinion 

3 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Minus those stats, he’s failed to get his team to the playoffs for 4 years in a row. Might now be a fair comparison but to me he’s Fitzpatrick with a stronger arm. He can easily be a career back up but I don’t see it for him as a starter.

Tyrod is starting this season presumably, I’d much rather go into a game with Famous than that bum under center.

15 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Winston will be signed somewhere. He is a hell of a more successful NFL QB than David Carr. 

In reality, they have very similar career paths through their 1st 5 years.  Primary starter for 5 years after being the #1 pick in the draft.  Not wanted by his team after 5 seasons as their starting QB.  Carr went on to be a backup and his career lasted a decade.  Winston still has a shot of outdoing Carr, but to say Winston is that much better than Carr through their 1st 5 seasons just isn't true.  

There are a lot of teams that would be willing to bring in Winston as a backup if he is willing to accept a backup salary.  

My prediction: Pittsburgh. 

Edited by Albany,n.y.
  • Like (+1) 3

Just now, Albany,n.y. said:

In reality, they have very similar career paths through their 1st 5 years.  Primary starter for 5 years after being the #1 pick in the draft.  Not wanted by his team after 5 seasons as their starting QB.  Carr went on to be a backup and his career lasted a decade.  Winston still has a shot of outdoing Carr, but to say Winston is that much better than Carr through their 1st 5 seasons just isn't true.  

There are a lot of teams that would be willing to bring in Winston as a backup if he is willing to accept a backup salary.  

In Winston's worst year he threw more touchdown's than David Carr's best year. Winston threw more tds than ints every year in Tampa. Carr managed that only three times in Houston. 

Yes. Winston is a much better QB than Carr ever was. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

His issues are well known.  But he led the 3rd highest scoring Offense backing up the 29th worst Defense in points allowed.  Prior to this year, his HC's were Lovie Smith's carcass and "Dirk Koetter" (or Kirk Doetter?).  

David Carr's brother is a starting QB, no playoffs.  Stafford still a starter?  3 playoffs (3 games total) in 11 years.  TT will start.   

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

If Winston could get the picks under control, he never would have lost is job in the first place ... the guy has arm talent and is mobile 

Did you know this? Peyton Manning threw 100 INTs his 1st 5 years in the NFL? 23 his 4th year. Winston has thrown 88.

Manning only threw 53 INTs the next 5 years.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1