Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Tesla03

This is the best WR class of our generation

Recommended Posts

We have to take advantage. I think WR at pick 2 is almost a must if a top prospect is there. And there is a very very good chance a 1st round rated guy will drop to us. 

 

John Brown is 30, Cole Beasley is turning 31. We need a young WR here that can be our future and can learn under the vets while they are still here. Not to mention this offense really still needs more skill players. adding Diggs is huge but won't be enough to get us where we need to be on offense next season. 

 

people talking about drafting a DB or LB, what is gonna happen if our offense fails to score over 2 TD's per game again next season. Our defense was top 3 last season, as long as we are in the top 10 we will be fine. We arguably have the best secondary in the NFL, drafting a rookie CB won't improve us all that much on defense. 

  • Like (+1) 4
  • Meh 1
  • Skeptical 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess we'll know 4 or 5 years from now. No way to make that claim right now.

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If a guy they like is still there then sure...

 

Don’t pick one in the 2nd for the sake of picking one though 

  • Like (+1) 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MJS said:

I guess we'll know 4 or 5 years from now. No way to make that claim right now.

 

In terms of prospects I def is. I don't remember a class coming out this deep with this much talent. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Tesla03 said:

 

In terms of prospects I def is. I don't remember a class coming out this deep with this much talent. 

Well, half of them will bust. They always do.

  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, MJS said:

Well, half of them will bust. They always do.

Do you think for yourself or just mimic whatever Beane tells you?

  • Meh 1
  • Confused 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Tesla03 said:

adding Diggs is huge but won't be enough to get us where we need to be on offense next season. 


How much of an impact do you expect a rookie WR to have with little to no offseason activities with the team and 3 guys locked in ahead of him on the depth chart.

 

I can buy wanting a WR but I don’t buy him having a big impact. 

  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Do you think for yourself or just mimic whatever Beane tells you?

Is that something Beane said? I thought it was common knowledge that many players bust in the draft. Half the first rounders will be busts. That's just how it is.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, MJS said:

Well, half of them will bust. They always do.

 

Very true. However, due to the ages of Brown and Beasley, if there is a guy they like later on I can see them taking a shot. I’ll trust them to make the right call, then pray for the best. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the team has to go WR in round 2 or 3. Diggs will be 27 come this season, not old but Beasley will be 31 and Brown just turned 30, on top of there being zero depth behind them (Roberts is a return man, Mackenzie a gadget player and the rest are bubble roster players) the team needs a WR waiting to take over for Beasley and Brown once they decline in a year or two. 

 

My ideal draft would be to go DE round 2 (need to get younger at DE and some depth wouldn't hurt), WR round 3, RB round 4, and LB or Secondary depth round 5. That would fill 4 key areas of depth for this team while getting younger at two positions they are very very old at. 

  • Like (+1) 4
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MJS said:

Is that something Beane said? I thought it was common knowledge that many players bust in the draft. Half the first rounders will be busts. That's just how it is.

 

Somebody (Cowherd?) had like the last 20-25 FIRST picks excluding the last 3 years (too soon to judge) and a ton of the tops picks were average at best. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Diggs is also 26. Hes about at his peak. I say we trade him now at peak value. 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

and if diggs was in this draft...he'd be the first WR off the board

 

which is likely to be no latter than pick #11

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bangarang said:


How much of an impact do you expect a rookie WR to have with little to no offseason activities with the team and 3 guys locked in ahead of him on the depth chart.

 

I can buy wanting a WR but I don’t buy him having a big impact. 

 

In fairness - the OP pointed out that Brown and Beasley are both 30+

 

Adding a younger potential 2021 starter behind Diggs makes sense.

 

They still need a RB more though, and the WR are so deep there will be good ones in the 3rd.

 

P.S. Diggs was a 5th rounder

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought I remember reading recently that Beane/McD/scouts were not impressed with the WRs they spoke to at the combine, which is probably why they gave up a first round pick and signed Diggs.  At the very least I interpret it to mean that most of these guys are not WR1 material.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

I thought I remember reading recently that Beane/McD/scouts were not impressed with the WRs they spoke to at the combine, which is probably why they gave up a first round pick and signed Diggs.  At the very least I interpret it to mean that most of these guys are not WR1 material.  

 

There are 3 first rounders. The 4th best guy - Higgins - is an early round 2 type who will probably go higher. The Bills brass went in numbers to his pro day and came back and decided to trade for Diggs. Beane knows. The top 3 will gone and none of the others really justified pick #22. 

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, papazoid said:

and if diggs was in this draft...he'd be the first WR off the board

 

which is likely to be no latter than pick #11


he was a 5th rounder 

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Happy Gilmore said:

I thought I remember reading recently that Beane/McD/scouts were not impressed with the WRs they spoke to at the combine, which is probably why they gave up a first round pick and signed Diggs.  At the very least I interpret it to mean that most of these guys are not WR1 material.  

 

Maybe they decided the second tier or WRs (after the Big-3) weren't worthy of pick #22 (i.e., Tee Higgins). 

 

But I don't think they'd pass on one if they slipped to #54 and they had a much higher (15-20 slots) grade on him.    That said, I don't think they'll take a WR before round 3...   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...