Eric Reid Demanding Investigation and Revote on CBA

Turk71

7 hours ago, StHustle said:

You a blackball supporter huh? Clearly has the talent to start on many rosters. Not a criminal. What's your deal? Oh yeah I think I know.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2019/01/09/investigation-basically-calls-eric-reid-liar-over-drug-test-complaint/amp/

He is a fake, cry wolf, wanna be social justice warrior. The dude is a clown.

15 minutes ago, Watkins101 said:

Yes they would. But relative to their leagues, the women are leagues above the men.

it's like saying the uconn women's team should be getting more money than the men;s team cause of all the titles they won. fact is the women's basketball doesn't bring in the ratings the mens team does.(yes i'm aware ncaa dont get paid just using a rough comparison).  The us women's teams didnt start to make money until only like 8 years ago and the mens team supported the women's team before that. I don't think you ever saw the men complain?  The women are obviously more successful on the field but the men's team will earn more just because worldwide the mens game makes so much more money.  Provided the men make the world cup this time.  I have no problem with the women going after more money but it just saying they should be paid equal to men isn't a fair argument they should be paid the same percentage of profits the mens team gets.

7 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

it's like saying the uconn women's team should be getting more money than the men;s team cause of all the titles they won. fact is the women's basketball doesn't bring in the ratings the mens team does.(yes i'm aware ncaa dont get paid just using a rough comparison).  The us women's teams didnt start to make money until only like 8 years ago and the mens team supported the women's team before that. I don't think you ever saw the men complain?  The women are obviously more successful on the field but the men's team will earn more just because worldwide the mens game makes so much more money.  Provided the men make the world cup this time.  I have no problem with the women going after more money but it just saying they should be paid equal to men isn't a fair argument they should be paid the same percentage of profits the mens team gets.

From 2016-2018 the women outearned the men. 

1 hour ago, Mark80 said:

Oh please.  The men would destroy them in a game.  Absolutely destroy them.

Hardly the point, and you know that,  the men don’t win anything substantial, the women win world championships, who is representing our country better, and for a longer time period? It sure ain’t the mens soccer team. Comparatively the women’s team is the Patriots, and men’s team is the Cleveland Browns. 
Results speak for themselves. 

11 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

If the language change happened after the vote ( which it appears to be the case) it violates the CBA and a re-vote is now a must, just shows you cannot trust billionaires to keep their word, not that that is shocking by any means...the slip shod health care for retired players is shameful, being that it is of no consequential financial burden for the owners to not revoke their previous funding.  This shines a bad light on the NFL as a whole.  GREED is an ugly trait that many people are afflicted with.

If Reid is correct (and the contract language was changed after the vote), that is a ridiculously shady move by the NFL owners and should absolutely invalidate the CBA.

However, you shouldn't use something like this to make blanket statements about anyone.  Being rich and successful does not make someone evil, greedy or untrustworthy.  Many billionaires are extremely generous and giving.

Just now, mjt328 said:

If Reid is correct (and the contract language was changed after the vote), that is a ridiculously shady move by the NFL owners and should absolutely invalidate the CBA.

However, you shouldn't use something like this to make blanket statements about anyone.  Being rich and successful does not make someone evil, greedy or untrustworthy.  Many billionaires are extremely generous and giving.

I said “ many” not all. 

11 minutes ago, Watkins101 said:

From 2016-2018 the women outearned the men. 

i know. first time and a big reason was women had the cup and men didn't .  that's why i mentioned as long as the men make the cup. but like i said the women should get the same percentage of profits as the men.   what happens when the men make the next cup and get a huge bonus because they made it?  do the women get a cut of that? no

9 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

Once again - why are you calling it a Shady move by the owners?  The NFL and the NFLPA were in negotiations.  The suit is against the NFLPA assuming they did not provide the info to the voters.  The NFL did nothing wrong at all.

Nothing at all suggests the NFL did anything at all.  The suit alleges the NFLPA provided incorrect information to the players to vote - not the NFL.  

It should not invalidate the CBA if the NFL did nothing wrong.  They negotiated in good faith and it is up to the NFLPA to provide the information for their members.  If anything it should not impact the CBA, but it should create an opportunity for the players to remove the NFLPA executives and get a new negotiation team for 2030.  

Overall from what I have read - you are talking about a very minor point that impacts offsets against SSDI - this will be handled and if they re-vote - I can see the owners actually working to take back more funds and the players get an even worse deal that they will accept.

8 hours ago, Watkins101 said:

There's some misconception with the whole women's soccer team's demands. I believe that a large part had to do with wanting equal access to facilities, which they did not have. It should also be noted that the women were payed more than the men, as the men have a lower base salary, but large bonuses for winning, which they don't do nearly as much. The women have a higher base salary, but smaller bonuses for winning the world cup. The argument is if the men and the women won the cup, the men would be payed astronomically more- but that did not happen.

The chances of the men winning the world cup with the state of men's soccer competition are slim to none. The women face far far less competition as many countries women's sports programs are in their infancy and there are far fewer entrants into the World Cup of which half are a joke.

44 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

The chances of the men winning the world cup with the state of men's soccer competition are slim to none. The women face far far less competition as many countries women's sports programs are in their infancy and there are far fewer entrants into the World Cup of which half are a joke.

In the last 4 USWNT World Cup wins, which semi-finals and finals opponents that they faced were from countries where soccer is in it's infancy?

In the last 30 years:  

8 World Cups: won 4, finished 2nd once and 3rd 3 times

6 Olympics: 4 Golds, 1 Silver

That's 30 years of sustained excellence.  Your argument therefore, that they play many countries where soccer is in its "infancy" makes no sense whatsoever.

26 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

In the last 4 USWNT World Cup wins, which semi-finals and finals opponents that they faced were from countries where soccer is in it's infancy?

In the last 30 years:  

8 World Cups: won 4, finished 2nd once and 3rd 3 times

6 Olympics: 4 Golds, 1 Silver

That's 30 years of sustained excellence.  Your argument therefore, that they play many countries where soccer is in its "infancy" makes no sense whatsoever.

How many teams in the Women's World Cup have legit chances to win the World Cup? Maybe 3 or 4? A lot more Men's teams can legit win the world cup.  In addition there are only 24 entrants in the Women's World Cup versus 32 in the Men's which is soon to be 48.

In the women's qualifying group for CONCACAF, basically only 2 teams had any chance whatsoever to win the region, US and Canada. The US won their group outscoring teams 18-0 and Canada won theirs outscoring teams 17-1. In the semi-finals the US beat Jamaica 6-0 and Canada beat Panama 7-0.  Great competition huh?  Then the US beat Canada 2-0 in the final. Compare this to US Men's CONCACAF Qualifying.

The Women's team routinely loses to high school boys teams.  How good can they really be?

Edited by matter2003

1 hour ago, Don Otreply said:

Hardly the point, and you know that,  the men don’t win anything substantial, the women win world championships, who is representing our country better, and for a longer time period? It sure ain’t the mens soccer team. Comparatively the women’s team is the Patriots, and men’s team is the Cleveland Browns. 
Results speak for themselves. 

The point is, its not comparing apples to apples.  They want the same play to dominate a significantly lesser sport.  Guess what, if the mens team was in that sport it would dominate the womens team as well as all the others.  If they want to be paid the same then they should be playing with the men in one league.  But claiming the same pay, same resources, same opportunities etc., for a totally distinct league is craziness.  Then they make a huge deal about it, but don't have the guts to boycott the World Cup or anything meaningful at all really.  Please.

Edited by Mark80

19 minutes ago, Mark80 said:

The point is, its not comparing apples to apples.  They want the same play to dominate a significantly lesser sport.  Guess what, if the mens team was in that sport it would dominate the womens team as well as all the others.  If they want to be paid the same then they should be playing with the men in one league.  But claiming the same pay, same resources, same opportunities etc., for a totally distinct league is craziness.  Then they make a huge deal about it, but don't have the guts to boycott the World Cup or anything meaningful at all really.  Please.

And they lost to a u15 team so ya they deserve it ;)

31 minutes ago, Mark80 said:

Nothin but luv for ya, but you’re a bit confused comparing apples to apples is how one compares things. Oh and buy the way women’s soccer is already a totally different league, and they are dominant in that league, on the other hand, the US men’s team is not very good, and is considered an afterthought by world soccer. 

Edited by Don Otreply

3 hours ago, BillsFan17 said:

So he shouldnt play in the league again because of what? Try to be honest. Thats all i ask from your type. Be proud of what you believe in and stop masking it. Man up.

11 hours ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

Colin 2.0? Kaepernick is not a crybaby, he had a valid social justice argument.

Don't rile them up. Social justice as a valid and important subset of American civic life triggers some people who don't wish to hear complaints from historically marginalized peoples. Let's just stick to the NFL. 

• Thank you (+1) 1