Best WR Trio in the AFC, or in the League?

1 minute ago, DFT said:

Beasley equal to Kirk is where you lost me.  Kirk is really special, despite the numbers.  I thought this was based off “potential “, but I see the stat comparison you’re making and agree totally with it.  If I’m picking for this year though, I’m picking AZ with no hesitation.  That’s my top group.  But as my wife reminds me many times a day, I’m more wrong than right!!  

I mean, potential is one thing yeah, but at the end of the day, to objectively say which is better is a matter of history. Beasley has performed much higher (though in a different way) than Kirk has. 

Arizona probably is a better overall squad in some regards, though it's not a huge margin. If you extend this to fourth reciever/TE and add Andy Isabella and Dawson Knox to the equation it gets even murkier. 

• Like (+1) 1

Like many have said above, who would have thought 2 years ago that we'd even be in the conversation for best WR combo in the league?  Most of this board had us in the conversation for the worst, and deservedly so.  Credit Beane and the front office for doing their job and doing it well.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Forward Progress said:

I didn't open the article (personal PFF boycott), but assume the concluding sentence ends with, "... but the world will never know because their QB is Josh Allen."

I didn't open it either and I get the impression that the question was posed mainly for that intended punchline. PFF can't help themselves from trolling Bills fans.

What is more important: A dominant trio, dominant duo or dominant #1? For me I think having a dominant #1 along with a dominant TE is the way to go. 

Which is why my off-season would have been: Get Hopkins and sign Hooper. Hopkins, Brown, Beasley, Hooper then you still have Knox as TE2 and draft a big WR. 

And I know many say we could never have gotten Hopkins from bc HOU would not have traded with us. Still fail to believe they would pass on a 1st rounder and other picks just to keep him from us. 

I'm guessing Beane drafts WR and RB(Swift, Taylor, CEH, Dobbins, Akers) rounds 2 and 3-probably both after trade ups.  After we draft a quality WR high(Aiyuk, Shenault, Mims, etc) we will have best WR group in NFL.  Let's go Josh!  Let's go Buffalo!

My answer here is the same as what I commented on that Tweet: 

Duos and “whoever else” don’t count. The tweet said “TRIOS”.

Two WRs and a tight end don’t count, the tweet said “WR trios”. 

In the AFC, the Chiefs can make a good case. 

In the NFC, the Bucs and MAYBE the Cards (Fitzgerald is well past his prime) can make a good case.

At the very least, the Bills have a top 5 WR trio, and that’s something we couldn’t say last Sunday!

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Kaenon said:

With regards to the league:

TB with Evans, Godwin and anyone else.

ATL with Julio and Ridley, and anyone else.

AFC:

LAC with Allen, Williams and Patton

KC with Hill, Watkins and Hardman

Idk, there's quite a few good groups out there!

I would definitely put us up there with those other two trios.  I think we would slide between KC and LAC.

Although next season LAs WRs are gonna look like scrubs even though they are not.

The Tyrod Taylor effect.

34 minutes ago, DFT said:

Beasley equal to Kirk is where you lost me.  Kirk is really special, despite the numbers.  I thought this was based off “potential “, but I see the stat comparison you’re making and agree totally with it.  If I’m picking for this year though, I’m picking AZ with no hesitation.  That’s my top group.  But as my wife reminds me many times a day, I’m more wrong than right!!  

Beasley is one of the top slot WRs in the league and has been for a while.

1 minute ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Beasley is one of the top slot WRs in the league and has been for a while.

Noted and agreed.  We weren’t limiting the conversation to slot though.  And my personal opinion is Kirk>Beas 10 times out of 10.

At the least, Diggs and Brown represent the best 1-2 X and Z combo in probably a decade plus.  Difference is I think they've got a QB who'll get them the ball.

I think I read that Buffalo now has the 3rd most money invested at the WR position.  That guarantees nothing, but it's a move toward where the league has gone toward passing-driven offenses.

Opposing secondaries will need to respect that where previously they didn't.   

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, White Linen said:

Only if you add in Kelce.  Statistically ours are better even if you use Hill's 2018 numbers (except TD's, they're +3).

With our developing QB vs their proven one - it's closer than you'd think and upside is with us. 

The upside is with them. Beasley and Brown are maxed out in terms of production. Both of their numbers will fall next year playing with Diggs.

28 minutes ago, ngbills said:

What is more important: A dominant trio, dominant duo or dominant #1? For me I think having a dominant #1 along with a dominant TE is the way to go. 

Which is why my off-season would have been: Get Hopkins and sign Hooper. Hopkins, Brown, Beasley, Hooper then you still have Knox as TE2 and draft a big WR. 

And I know many say we could never have gotten Hopkins from bc HOU would not have traded with us. Still fail to believe they would pass on a 1st rounder and other picks just to keep him from us. 

Diggs isn't far off from Hopkins, talent wise.  Better route runner too . We got a dominant # 1.  People might say "but he had Thielen" . Yes , and still had the opposing defenses #1 CB on Diggs every week. Hopkins had Stills AND Fuller. 

Diggs also has been very good in the playoffs last 2 years. And Diggs cost much less than Hopkins. 

Defenses are going to struggle mightily . You take Diggs away? Brown will kill you 1 on 1 . Take away the deep ball? Beasley will kill you underneath. Play us straight up ? Diggs will kill the opposing CB . . I love this offense , once Dabol went to 3 WR sets , Allen had so much more success . We have a top 3 trio now.  Each capable of 100+ yards any given week . 

Just now, JerseyBills said:

Diggs isn't far off from Hopkins, talent wise.  Better route runner too . We got a dominant # 1.  People might say "but he had Thielen" . Yes , and still had the opposing defenses #1 CB on Diggs every week. Hopkins had Stills AND Fuller. 

Diggs also has been very good in the playoffs last 2 years. And Diggs cost much less than Hopkins. 

Defenses are going to struggle mightily . You take Diggs away? Brown will kill you 1 on 1 . Take away the deep ball? Beasley will kill you underneath. Play us straight up ? Diggs will kill the opposing CB . . I love this offense , once Dabol went to 3 WR sets , Allen had so much more success . We have a top 3 trio now.  Each capable of 100+ yards any given week . 

Stills and Fuller aren’t Thielen.

Cole Beasley has had 3 games over 100 yards in two years. When Diggs is getting 10 targets a game, his numbers will likely go down, not up.

7 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Stills and Fuller aren’t Thielen.

Cole Beasley has had 3 games over 100 yards in two years. When Diggs is getting 10 targets a game, his numbers will likely go down, not up.

Ummmm. You do realize he averaged just over 5 TARGETS a game last year right?!?

Previous year had about 8 targets a game. 

2200 yards

15 TD

If he gets 10 a game , watch out!!!

Edited by JerseyBills

2 hours ago, Forward Progress said:

I didn't open the article (personal PFF boycott), but assume the concluding sentence ends with, "... but the world will never know because their QB is Josh Allen."

I don’t do PFF either, bunch of tools there, top to bottom. 

If Josh tightens up his game, along with our total receivers group not trying to lead the league in drops, we will win AFCE Division and go deeper in the playoffs, jmo. 

Go Bills!!!

53 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I mean, potential is one thing yeah, but at the end of the day, to objectively say which is better is a matter of history. Beasley has performed much higher (though in a different way) than Kirk has. 

Arizona probably is a better overall squad in some regards, though it's not a huge margin. If you extend this to fourth reciever/TE and add Andy Isabella and Dawson Knox to the equation it gets even murkier. 

Arguing who's best off stats is  very misleading as all three guys on the Bills have receiving stats based on more than one QB involved and more than one offensive system, as does AZ.  

Because of that I think the eyeball test is really better way to evaluate.  While much more subjective, using stats can generate misleading results.