CBA voted and APPROVED by players/owners

23 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

So the 17 game season and 7 team playoffs...  that is not from 2020, right? They looking at 2021?

2020 for new playoff format 

2021 for 17 game schedule 

21 minutes ago, Charles Romes said:

OK with the 17 games.  Only way to not take away a home game from the neutral site host.  Hate the dilution of the regular season by playoff expansion.  

I see it differently. I think the regular season will be amped up. Everyone fighting for the #1 seed/bye week.. less resting of players at the end of the season which imo does dilute the reg season games ...  teams “in the hunt” for longer...

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

I don't like the 17 game season or the expanded playoffs.  Should just keep what worked for many, many years.

Agree mostly. What didn’t work were the 4 preseason games. As usual, they overcompensate and dilute the product.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Chandler#81 said:

Agree mostly. What didn’t work were the 4 preseason games. As usual, they overcompensate and dilute the product.

Agree with the four preseason games, cutting that down to three was long overdue.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Does the BYE week still apply?

If not, you would’ve had the Steelers vs Ravens in the AFC opening round...... the Steelers got destroyed by the Ravens back ups the week before....

Chiefs, as the two seed, would've played the Steelers.  Ravens would have had the one bye.

• Like (+1) 1

Love everything about this.  

Decreasing the meaningless preseason to 3 games - Check

Add one more game to the regular season, so neutral site games don’t hurt anyone disproportionately - Check

I personally like the additions of one team, per conference, to the playoffs.   That 7th team isn’t usually the quality of that tragic Steelers squad we saw this past season.  - Check

More emphasis on best record with only one bye - Check

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Either way.

Steelers were an average football team without Roethlisberger.... and a bad one with Hodges. Would’ve been a real stinker of a game.

They had an elite defense which I would have watched play against anyone

25 minutes ago, Gugny said:

How about expanded rosters?

Yes. More jobs. That's another way the players benefit. The game-day active roster will increase from 46 to 48 players (although one of the extra players must be an offensive lineman, which will give teams more flexibility to have three extra linemen). Practice squads will expand from 10 players to 12 in 2020 and 2021 and to 14 starting in 2022. Practice-squad salaries also are going up -- the minimum salary is $8,000 per week in the current CBA, and it will rise to $11,500 by 2022 -- and those players will be eligible for 401(k) and tuition assistance benefits.

Two practice-squad players per week may be elevated to the team's roster, meaning game-week roster sizes could effectively increase from 53 to 55. And a player elevated from the practice squad to the 55-man roster could be sent back to the practice squad two times without having to clear waivers.

The changes will give teams more flexibility in managing their rosters and, if utilized fully, will offer more opportunity for practice-squad players to earn active-roster salaries.

Look at former player injuries: CTE, ALS, shortened life spans, crippling bodily injuries....Just how much do the owners need make? The NFL won't release financial numbers for a reason. I cannot believe the players voted for a 17th game. The dollars are there for benefit increases without adding another game.