"Team to Watch" - Bills to "Go for it"

58 minutes ago, PIZ said:

Is Ruggs a better fit than Jeudy or Lamb in a trade-up? I doubt they could trade-up high enough for Jeudy or Lamb, but what if all 3 were available at their trade-up spot? What are your thoughts on a backup QB? Do you think they add one, or go with Barkley?

Personally, I have Ruggs as my number 2. He’s just so explosive but I’d be good with any of them.

I would like to see them add someone to go with Barkley. Barkley and Josh have a great relationship and he’s relatively inexpensive. With that being said, if the Bills believe they are a contender, this is when you invest in backup QB. If Josh is to miss a month you have to be able to play .500 without him. I would look at someone like Keenum at the right price (or Brissett if he becomes available). The Saints were paying Teddy quite a bit to be the #2 last year because their window was open. Brees goes down and Teddy goes 5-0. That kept them from a wasted year. 

25 minutes ago, Da webster guy said:

We certainly seem to be a trade up team lately.  Josh, Tremaine, Cody and Knox all cost us multiple picks.   

In order to move up far enough to get any receiver we wanted it would cost us a 1st next year.  Such a move would be considered madness with the WR depth, although it looks like there's only going to be room to add one starter on offense with everyone returning (including coaches) so maybe Beaner has a specific guy in mind for that and he's willing to bet the farm on it.  

I don’t think that’s the case at all. As an example, Tampa at 14 is probably the earliest that you’d go to. You can get there for 22 and 54 according to the draft value chart. You’d basically be paying the premium of a 4th round pick.

• Like (+1) 3

40 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Is this to suggest that the last twenty years, they were NOT 'going for it'? Hmmmm...I wish they would've told me.

I’m certain that they -“thought”- they were trying to improve...

Go Bills!!!

Trading up for a WR, especially Juedy or Lamb would be great (assuming price is right)...but I think Beanes is going to make a move to get a premiere edge rusher either via FA or trading for one, or trading up to get a guy he covets (if any).  

This draft is rich at WR, we can get a premiere prospect without making a big trade, but landing a good edge rusher is going to be a tougher task without making a big move IMO.  So think this could indicate a more likely move for someone at EDGE.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Trading up for a WR, especially Juedy or Lamb would be great (assuming price is right)...but I think Beanes is going to make a move to get a premiere edge rusher either via FA or trading for one, or trading up to get a guy he covets (if any).  

This draft is rich at WR, we can get a premiere prospect without making a big trade, but landing a good edge rusher is going to be a tougher task without making a big move IMO.  So think this could indicate a more likely move for someone at EDGE.

He’s not trading up for an edge in this draft (unless by some miracle Chase Young slides). There is no value there.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

He’s not trading up for an edge in this draft (unless by some miracle Chase Young slides). There is no value there.

I could see them doing it maybe for Chaisson if he got to an acceptable cost range.  And yeah, no way Young gets anywhere near a spot where Beane would spend to go get.  

2 hours ago, Never NEVER Give-up said:

I was surprised when I heard this - I talked to Brandon Bean at the Combine and he said Yeah This is the Year, They're gonna go for it, getting to the playoffs is not good enough . . .

https://www.buffalobills.com/video/around-the-nfl-why-the-buffalo-bills-are-a-team-to-watch-in-2020-offseason

need  big  improvement from JA and a better offense and for the defense to maintain. ...QB + continued good D. all depends on that.

If Josh stays making mistakes and not scoring points and the D slips at all we could be looking at 7-9 or 8-8

• Like (+1) 1

Love it, must be trying to swing trades for McCaffrey, Kerrigan and Kupp as we speak! Sign Conklin and Hunter Henry and our O can match our Defensive dominance

42 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

This can only mean more Carolina Panther players are coming

Who did we miss?

Image result for thinking gif4

McCaffrey and Coach Kuechly

5 hours ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

McCaffrey and Coach Kuechly

This ^  the only other Panthers I want to see in Buffalo.  Any more than that, if I'm Pegula, I'm wrapping Beane and McDermott in brown bags and UPSing them back to Carolina.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

This ^  the only other Panthers I want to see in Buffalo.  Any more than that, if I'm Pegula, I'm wrapping Beane and McDermott in brown bags and UPSing them back to Carolina.

Dj Moore says hello

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Is this to suggest that the last twenty years, they were NOT 'going for it'? Hmmmm...I wish they would've told me.

Well, when you consider there was at least one season where they were like $40M under the cap ...

8 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I could see them doing it maybe for Chaisson if he got to an acceptable cost range.  And yeah, no way Young gets anywhere near a spot where Beane would spend to go get.  

How about a trade for Ingakoue?

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Personally, I have Ruggs as my number 2. He’s just so explosive but I’d be good with any of them.

I would like to see them add someone to go with Barkley. Barkley and Josh have a great relationship and he’s relatively inexpensive. With that being said, if the Bills believe they are a contender, this is when you invest in backup QB. If Josh is to miss a month you have to be able to play .500 without him. I would look at someone like Keenum at the right price (or Brissett if he becomes available). The Saints were paying Teddy quite a bit to be the #2 last year because their window was open. Brees goes down and Teddy goes 5-0. That kept them from a wasted year. 

I don’t think that’s the case at all. As an example, Tampa at 14 is probably the earliest that you’d go to. You can get there for 22 and 54 according to the draft value chart. You’d basically be paying the premium of a 4th round pick.

Yes I see.  We had 22nd pick 2 years ago, moved up to 16 for Tremaine and only had to give up 65th overall.

I was thinking a few of these WR's might go higher.  I remember being shocked at the Mike Williams, Corey Davis, John Ross picks all ahead of us a few years back.  

WR's are strange cats.  They're high risk prospects that can look so dominant in college and so average in the pros.