Kyle Williams named DC at Ruston HS in Louisiana

2 hours ago, PetermansRedemption said:

Is it just me or does this position seem a bit below Kyle? DC at a HS? I would think he could have, at the very least, been hired at the local community college. 

Probably wants to start small, only been retired a year

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

How’s he gonna be a DC and still get here for minicamp 1 on 1’s with Ed???

I wasn't thinking in quite those same terms, but I did have a similar reaction.

Everyone needs to start somewhere and I suspect he is looking to be near his family, not fame and fortune.

Football is a big deal in the south. My neighbor is an assistant coach at a small HS.  They spend all day Sunday watching film.  There are almost as many coaches as players. Serious business.

• Like (+1) 2

45 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

Everyone needs to start somewhere and I suspect he is looking to be near his family, not fame and fortune.

Football is a big deal in the south. My neighbor is an assistant coach at a small HS.  They spend all day Sunday watching film.  There are almost as many coaches as players. Serious business.

Yeah I see it more as a way to stay connected to the game and keep the juices flowing, while still being there for his family in his hometown. He’s probably doing it for free.

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yeah I see it more as a way to stay connected to the game and keep the juices flowing, while still being there for his family in his hometown. He’s probably doing it for free.

Getting experience so he can eventually get into coaching if he wants at the college or pro level. Seeing him at the Bills training camp last year working with the DL you could tell he was enjoying it. He probably wouldn't do it full time until his kids are older though.

• Like (+1) 2